Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

feedburner count

Welcome To SORMAG's Blog

Friday, October 28, 2005

PANEL: Magazine Promotion

Welcome to the Magazine Promotion Room

PANEL: James Lisbon, AMAG, LaShaunda Hoffman -SORMAG , Shunda Leigh- Booking Matters

Learn how to promote yourself and your books in magazines.


SORMAG said...


Please tell us a little about yourself, your magazine and any advice about promoting in magazines.

Shelia said...

Also what are your submission guidelines?

Shelia (#16)

Shunda Leigh said...

My name is Shunda Leigh and I am the publisher/editor-in-chief of Booking Matters Magazine, which is a monthly literary magazine which promotes and showcases African American authors and businesses. The magazine will celebrate its 3rd year anniversary next month (November 2005). I have always been a lover of words (avid reader), worked for Barnes & Noble for six years and learned a lot about the literary industry during this time. I am happily and permanently married to my business partner and best friend, Jamill Leigh. I am the proud mother of two adult children (LaMonte is 19 and is a 2nd year student at the University of Georgia, Courtney is 20 and is a supervisor in a bookstore in the Atlanta airport, Concourse D) Stop in and say hi if you come thru Atlanta please.

I am excited to participate in this conference and I congratulate LaShaunda for doing a great job of organizing it!

Blessings 2 All,
Shunda Leigh

Shunda Leigh said...

As for Submission Guidelines to BOOKING MATTERS MAGAZINE, our monthly deadline is the 11th. I have always had challenges with getting others to adhere (still do) to deadlines. We do have word counts for different articles and features and they are given in advance. Since we are a monthly publication, it is very crucial for us to stick to our deadlines and guidelines.

I welcome any questions you have.

Shunda Leigh

Shelia said...

Thanks Shunda.

Shelia (#16)

Tempie said...

Shunda...thanks for sharing all of your info...I will be visiting your site.

Badge #151

Desiree said...

Hey Shunda,

What a treat to have you here!!! I love Booking Matters, it's the magazine I read to find out the latest releases and what's going on in the publishing industry.

Keep up the good work!!!

Shunda Leigh said...

Hi Desiree: I am happy you enjoy the magazine (Booking Matters) It's a labor of love that my husband and I enjoy creating every single month. If any of you have not read it, please send me your information and I will be happy to send you a complimentary copy. We celebrate our 3rd year anniversary next month in print, proof that DREAMS DO COME TRUE. I also want to encourage all of you to DO WHAT YOU LOVE. Don't do it for money. Do what you love and the money will follow. If you are a writer...write, singer...sing...whatever it is that you are gifted to do....do it...as unto the Lord & He will bless it.

Please continue to enjoy Booking Matters Magazine. We will be around for a long long time!

Blessings 2 All,
Shunda Leigh
Booking Matters Magazine
Email: bookingmatters@yahoo.com

About Me

My photo
I believe in promoting authors and their books. Let me introduce you and your books to online readers.

I'm also a happily married mother of three who's trying to break into the Christian writing field. The writing road can be rocky.

I’m available for:

Online promotion coaching
Contact me at:lchwriter@gmail.com

Serving Our Community 365 Days a Year!