Monday, May 01, 2006

FEATURED AUTHOR - Pamela Ridley


SOMAG: Please give the readers a brief bio on you the person and the writer.

Pamela Ridley:
I grew up in St. Louis, but have lived in Maryland for several years. I wrote my first play in forth grade, but wasn’t able to complete a short story until I got my first computer. Occasionally, I like sharing through poetry. In my books, I love writing about resilient women who have been brought to their knees, but rise again and find love in the process. Between Tears is my first published novel.

SOMAG: Tell us about your current book?

RIDLEY:
Between Tears is about having the strength to forgive and love when the easier thing to do would be to walk away. The protagonist must cope with the murder of her sister and her feelings for her sister’s former boyfriend who is, at first, a suspect.

SOMAG: What would you like your readers to take away from your book?

RIDLEY:
After the reader is entertained and has come to like the characters, I’d like him or her to celebrate the power of love and God’s grace.

SOMAG: Tell us about your publishing experience?

RIDLEY:
Genesis Press is the publisher. Deadlines haven’t been met and often communication isn’t as forth coming as I would like, but, on the other hand, they gave me this opportunity, so I’m glad about that.

SOMAG: Do you think an agent is necessary?

RIDLEY:
I don’t think an agent would hurt, but, from my experience, they are difficult to get. There are ways to be successfully and traditionally published without one.

SOMAG: What one thing about writing do you wish other non-writers would understand?

RIDLEY:
Probably that many experiences are fodder for future stories and to be patient with writers if we ask too many questions.

SOMAG: Do you have any promotional tips for writers?

RIDLEY:
No, I’m in the midst of promoting now. After a few months I’ll be able to look back and attempt to determine what did and didn’t work and what I’d do again with my next book.

SOMAG: What is a favorite book from your childhood?

RIDLEY:
In high school, I read a book by Pat Conroy that was later made into a movie called The Great Santini. I read voraciously growing up, but that book was the first book to ever make me laugh out loud.

SOMAG: What was the last book to keep you up at night reading it?

RIDLEY:
I’m reading a hard copy of one of my unpublished books. It’s about what happens when secrets, long buried are uncovered.

SOMAG: What resources do you use on the net?

RIDLEY:
I’d be lost without the Internet. I have bookmarked zillions of sites. I run the gamut including reading blogs occasionally, taking online writing classes, checking out the tons of writing resources, doing book research, as well as advertising on the Internet. I just added a contest for Between Tears to my web site.

SOMAG: How can readers get in contact with you?

RIDLEY:
My web site is www.p-ridley.com and my email address is p.ridley1@verizon.net

2 comments:

Sylvia Hubbard said...

great interview! congrats on your literary success!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Sylvia. :-) This book was a long time coming. Good to have it out.

Pam

Welcome To SORMAG's Blog

About Me

My photo
I believe in promoting authors and their books. Let me introduce you and your books to online readers.

I'm also a happily married mother of three who's trying to break into the Christian writing field. The writing road can be rocky.

I’m available for:

Online promotion coaching
Lectures
Seminars
Freelancing
Contact me at:lchwriter@gmail.com

Serving Our Community 365 Days a Year!