Monday, June 12, 2006

FEATURED AUTHOR: Dyanne Davis

SORMAG: Please give the readers a brief bio on you the person and the writer.

Dyanne Davis:
Award winning author, Dyanne Davis lives in a Chicago suburb with her husband Bill, and their son Bill Jr. She retired from nursing several years ago to pursue her lifelong dream of becoming a published author. She was able to accomplish this with her husband's blessing and financial support.

Her first novel, The Color of Trouble, was released July of 2003. The novel was received with high praise and several awards. Dyanne won an Emma for favorite New Author of the year and was presented with the award in NYC in April of 2004.

Her second novel, The Wedding Gown was released in February 2004 and has also received much praise. The book was chosen by Blackexpressions, a subsidiary of Doubleday Book club as a monthly club pick. The book was an Emma finalist in March 2005 for Steamiest Romance and for Book of the year. Wedding Gown was also a finalist for Affaire de Coeur Reader’s poll.

Dyanne’s newest release, Misty Blue is a sequel to The Wedding Gown and hit the bookstores May 6th. In December of this year, Let’s Get It On will be released. Besides Genesis Press, she is currently writing for Parker Publishing with Forever And A Day Hitting the shelves January 2007. Dyanne will have two vampire novels released next year under the name, F. D. Davis.

When not writing you can find me with a book in my hands. My greatest passion next to spending time with my husband Bill and son Bill Jr. Whenever possible I loves getting together with friends and family.

A member of Romance Writers of America, a professional organization with over ten thousands members and chapters worldwide. I now serves as chapter president for Windy City, a local chapter of Romance Writers of America. I REALLY love to hear feedback from readers. You can reach me at my website. www.dyannedavis.com I also have an on-line blog where readers can post questions and photos. http://dyannedavis.blogspot.com I also started a romance reader and writers on line book club with more than a dozen authors and would love to have you join them. http://bookmarked.Target.com./bookclub The group is called, Romancing the book. Any problems getting in send me an email and I will send you a personal invitation

SORMAG: Tell us about your current book?

DAVIS:
My new book is Misty Blue and it's really special to me. The characters captured my heart and emotion in the last book, The Wedding Gown. Beneath the romance of Mia and Damien is the deeper issues of childhood and the impact that both set of parents had on the lives of this couple. the book shows how they come to grip with the issue in order to make their marriage work. I felt so sorry for Mia and Damien when I was writing their story and every time I read it I still felt their pain.

SORMAG: What would you like your readers to take away from your book?

DAVIS:
In the Wedding Gown one of my friends complained to me that Keefe had called his mother a bit of a slut to Mia, his sister. SHE WAS A SLUT. So in Misty Blue I would like for the reader to come away knowing that it takes more than having a baby to be a parent. And I would like for them to believe that love can help to repair the hurts of childhood pain.

SORMAG: How did it feel to reach your publishing goal?

DAVIS:
It didn't feel real. And sometimes even now it still doesn't.

SORMAG: Any advice for those striving for the same goal?

DAVIS:
Keep trying because if you give up today you will never know what tomorrow would have brought.

SORMAG: What one thing about writing do you wish other non-writers would understand?

DAVIS:
I really wish non-writers would understand that all writers strive to bring them the best story possible. Sometimes they might not resonate with each reader. But they're attempting to tell the story that the characters are whispering to them. they are emotionally involved with the characters and aren't writing it for the money. Believe me they aren't writing for the money but for the readers.

SORMAG: Do you have any promotional tips for writers?

DAVIS:
Spend your money wisely. Look for the best value and stock up when you find something that delivers. And lastly try to get things that you can use regardless of the title of your book so you can use it from book to book to book.

SORMAG: What is a favorite book from your childhood?

DAVIS:
Wow LaShaunda, at first I had thought this was a hard question because I loved so many books. Then it hit me the book that traveled with me from childhood to adulthood and the one I've put in countless hours studying. The Bible.

SORMAG: What was the last book to keep you up at night reading it?

DAVIS:
The Kite Runner

SORMAG: What resources do you use on the net?

DAVIS:
Besides belonging to several on-line book clubs I guess the search engine. I will just type in something that I need and I'm thrilled every single time when something pops up. I think that's the coolest thing.

SORMAG: How can readers get in contact with you? (mail, email, website)

DAVIS:
Readers can get in touch with me at davisdyanne@aol.com or www.dyannedavis.com My website. http://dyannedavis.blogspot.com or they can join my recently started book club Http://bookmarked.target.com/bookclub. Readers can leave messages start a discussion, leave a book review or anything they want. Writers can post their comings and goings and their books. This is an open invitation to anyone that wants to join. If you can't get through that way email me and I will send you a personal invitation.

LaShaunda thank you for this opportunity to connect with readers and writers.

2 comments:

LaShaunda said...

Hi Dyanne,

Thanks so much for the interview.

I enjoyed the excerpt. I've never wanted to smack a character, but Mr. Charles need a good pop.

Looking forward to reading this book.

Vanessa A. Johnson said...

Hi Dyanne,
Looking forward to reading this. I loved the title, reminds me of the old Betty Wright song of the same title...Congrats with all of your publishing endeavors.

Love & Peace,
VeeJay

Welcome To SORMAG's Blog

About Me

My photo
I believe in promoting authors and their books. Let me introduce you and your books to online readers.

I'm also a happily married mother of three who's trying to break into the Christian writing field. The writing road can be rocky.

I’m available for:

Online promotion coaching
Lectures
Seminars
Freelancing
Contact me at:lchwriter@gmail.com

Serving Our Community 365 Days a Year!