Thursday, November 30, 2006
COOKIE SWAP - Linda F. Beed
Holiday Wishes – May the fruit of the Spirit that is Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness and Self-Control, be with you this day and always. Linda Beed
Do you believe you can have it all and serve God? Bernadette Lewis did until she is faced with choices that can change the course of her life and generations to come. Business Unusual from Linda F. Beed – It dares to take you where most do not care to go.
Almond Fudge Rounds
1/3 C butter – softened
3/ C packed brown sugar
1 tspn instant espresso coffee powder
¾ tspn baking soda
2 egg whites
1/3 cup plain low-fat yogurt
½ tspn almond extract
2/3 C unsweetened cocoa powder
1 ½ C flour
1 oz white baking chocolate squares (with cocoa butter)
¼ tspn shortening
36 to 40 whole toasted almonds
1. In large bowl blend (electric mixer) butter until smooth. Add brown sugar, espresso power and baking soda. Blend well then add egg whites, yogurt and almond extract. Blend then add cocoa powder, blend again. Add as much flour as you can blend with mixer. Add remaining flour using large spoon to blend in. Chill dough 1 to 2 (until easy to handle).
2. Preheat oven to 3500 . Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until edges are firm.
3. Make indentation in center of cookie with the backside of a small spoon. Transfer to cooling rack.
4. In small saucepan, using low heat melt white baking chocolate and shortening. Stir for smoothness. Dip half of each almond into chocolate then place into indentation of cookie. Allow cookies to stand until chocolate is set.
Make approximately 36 cookies
Don't forget to stop by the Buy A Book For Christmas Room to purchase her book.
- I believe in promoting authors and their books. Let me introduce you and your books to online readers.
I'm also a happily married mother of three who's trying to break into the Christian writing field. The writing road can be rocky.
I’m available for:
Online promotion coaching
Contact me at:email@example.com