Monday, May 14, 2007

MAY07 FEATURED AUTHOR: Nathanial Portis


SORMAG: Please give the readers a brief bio on you the person and the writer.

Nathanial Portis:
Thanks for the interview, I'm a native of Akron Ohio but I've lived all over the U.S. and right now I'm residing in the heated state of Arizona. In addition to writing I'm also a Systems Engineer and unlike a lot of other writers I meet, I actually enjoy my day job and right now I have no plans to give up being an engineer. I'm a pretty laid back guy, I enjoy outdoor activities and I'm very active in sports and since it always get’s asked, yes I am single ladies.

SORMAG: Tell us about your current book?


PORTIS:
My Current book is titled Married To a Married Man and its a story of two very successful people who meet by sheer accident and later find themselves in a serious love affair that goes on for ten years.

Being the other woman isn’t easy for Kayla Brown and the affair sends her on an emotional rollercoaster of up's and down's and when Dean wants to end the affair after ten years of living the double life, Kayla unleashes her own bag of tricks to compensate for her youth she gave up over the years as his mistress. This book is it's unlike any you will ever read and there is also a book club Q&A to follow and an alternate ending that will be posted on www.nathanialportis.com.

SORMAG: What would you like your readers to take away from your book?

PORTIS:
With all my books I want readers to take away a good entertaining read. My books are aimed to keep the reader engaged AND provide for some good conversation after.

SORMAG: Tell us about your publishing experience?

PORTIS:
Well this is only my second novel so I’m still a rookie compared to most other writers, my books are published by a small publisher that I own a part of. I have learned a lot but still have tons to learn about the publishing industry but for the most part I can’t say it has been a bad experience for me.

SORMAG: Do you think an agent is necessary?

PORTIS:
Having a agent depends on how far you want to go with writing, if a writer wants to publish more than just a few books then I would suggest them searching for a agent otherwise they may want to think about self publishing, if they can afford it.

SORMAG: What one thing about writing do you wish other non-writers would understand?

PORTIS:
Writing is a serious endeavor, if you truly want to be a competitive writer, be prepared for the good as well as the bad that comes along with it.

SORMAG: In honor of Mother’s Day, what is a special moment you shared with your mother?

PORTIS:
Well as indicated in the opening of my book... my mother is a three year cancer survivor so everyday is special with he, however the most special moments for us are when she has her three month follow-up's and the doctor comes back and tells us the magical words 'no cancer found'; we always go out and celebrate.

SORMAG: What is a favorite book from your childhood?

PORTIS:
As a child I liked the book titled 'The Giving Tree' it's a classic to me and it reminds me how sometimes we can give all of ourselves to our loved ones-- until we have nothing left to give them.

SORMAG: What was the last book to keep you up at night reading it?

PORTIS:
I like James Patterson, the last book of his that kept me up was London Bridges.

SORMAG: What resources do you use on the net?

PORTIS:
Google, Google, Google, oh and Myspace, so for those of you reading this make sure you add me as a friend if you have a myspace account myspace.com/nathanialportis

SORMAG: How can readers get in contact with you? (mail, email, website).

PORTIS:
I love to get email's from readers you can email me at service@nathanialportis.com and visit my website at www.nathanialportis.com also on myspace at www.myspace.com/nathanialportis.com

2 comments:

Nathanial Portis said...

Thanks for the Interview please read my blog www.authornathanial.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

In Stores August 15th 2007

Talk Show Host Reuben Armstrong Will Release His First Book “SNAKES IN THE CHURCH” . This Will Be One Of New York's Best Seller, This Book Will Expose How Churches And Pastors Are Deceiving Members And True Believers Of Their Hard Earn Money For Fame And Fortune

www.reubenarmstrongshow.com
www.snakesinthechurch.com

Welcome To SORMAG's Blog

About Me

My photo
I believe in promoting authors and their books. Let me introduce you and your books to online readers.

I'm also a happily married mother of three who's trying to break into the Christian writing field. The writing road can be rocky.

I’m available for:

Online promotion coaching
Lectures
Seminars
Freelancing
Contact me at:lchwriter@gmail.com

Serving Our Community 365 Days a Year!