Wednesday, June 13, 2007

JUN 07 EXCERPT: Again Promiscuous Grace


Again Promiscuous Grace

by Camellia Johnson

Re-Birth of Old Issues

Memory Verse: “…for He (God) himself has said, I will not in any way fail you nor give you up nor leave you without support. I will not, I will not, I will not in any degree leave you helpless nor forsake nor let you down (relax my hold on you!) Assuredly not!” Hebrews 13:5 (AMP)
After her husband died, leaving Camellia a widow and a single mother at the age of 29, Camellia experienced God’s love like never before. But in the midst of recovery and trying to re-establish her life, Camellia had to battle sexual desires and loneliness – two things she thought she would never have to face again after saying “I do.” Below is an excerpt from her latest release, Again Promiscuous Grace.

U R Not Alone!

Being single, I had to often remind myself that I am not alone. Sometimes I found my own entertainment, instead of getting in God’s presence. When I made those decisions it was like trying to take sugar out of a whip battered cake mix. That would be impossible, right? Satisfying my own loneliness is impossible because loneliness is a feeling. Feelings will come and go and they are based on your circumstances. Why go through that emotional roller coaster of wanting company, getting the wrong company and entertaining the wrong company. I hungered for communication, affection, security and fun from a male companion when the spirit of loneliness came on me. Only to realize satisfying the feeling still didn’t take away the loneliness permanently. Only temporarily.

When I tried to satisfy myself, the plan always failed. God is the only one who can talk and touch you like no other. I’ve found that talk and touch is just what I needed to get rid of that loneliness. God created us to commune with him. Be secure in him and show thanksgiving to his name. This is our reasonable service. We’re expected to worship, praise and commune with God. We must know that God is with us. We must know that we know that we know that God is always with us. Believe God is with you so that even when you feel lonely, you can experience God’s presence. The feeling is not the truth, but God’s love is the truth. Knowing the truth that God is with you can help you overcome feeling lonely. How? Get your mind off yourself and back on God. Think and meditate on God’s goodness. Think about what he has done in your life and will do. Get out your Bible and read the promises of God. Practice channeling your thoughts on God and doing his business. When you get busy doing this you will not have time or the desire to entertain loneliness. Besides, when loneliness does come, it’s an attack to get you off focus and detour you from the perfect will of God.

When it happens to me, I quickly think about the assignments, my sowing, meetings and prayer requests that need to be done. I take a mental note and give God glory for what has been completed and get to work on the un-completed tasks. What happened to the loneliness? While channeling my thoughts on the work I still needed to do for God that loneliness had to flee. Refuse to have a pity party due to loneliness. Don’t respond to the invitation to any pity party. Respond to God’s Holy Ghost party and have a good time glorifying God for his grace and mercy!

No comments:

Welcome To SORMAG's Blog

About Me

My photo
I believe in promoting authors and their books. Let me introduce you and your books to online readers.

I'm also a happily married mother of three who's trying to break into the Christian writing field. The writing road can be rocky.

I’m available for:

Online promotion coaching
Lectures
Seminars
Freelancing
Contact me at:lchwriter@gmail.com

Serving Our Community 365 Days a Year!