Monday, June 11, 2007

JUN07 FEATURED AUTHOR Meisha Camm


SORMAG: Please give the readers a brief bio on you the person and the writer.

Meisha Camm:
I’m twenty seven and currently live in the Tidewater area of Virginia. Since the year 2003, I’ve been writing. Hidden Intentions and Mistress are two published books of mine.

SORMAG: Tell us about your current book?

CAMM:
Mistress is a story about a woman named Alexis. She’s strong, feisty and has a good head on her shoulders. All throughout her childhood, her parents fought which at times got violent because of her father’s cheating ways. Her mother, Vivian accepted her father, Robert back almost every time.

When Alexis grows up, she meets a man named Jarrad Simmons, an executive producer who reluctantly fails to tell her that he is married. By the time, she does find out the devastating news Alexis is already in love with Jarrad. She has a choice to make stick it with Jarrad who claims to be in the process of getting a divorce or cut her losses short and find someone else who’s available one hundred percent.

SORMAG: What would you like your readers to take away from your book?

CAMM:
I would like my readers to take away from the book that despite people may get into bad situations, we have choices to stay or get out. Each day, a person has the choice to change their life around for the good or bad. What choice will you choose? It’s not just in relationships, I look at every aspect of my life.

SORMAG: What led you to the idea of writing this book, and then to the actual writing of it?

CAMM:
At the time, one of my friends was seeing a married man. I saw the hurt and pain that she was going through so I decided to write a book about it.

SORMAG: Do you ever have a hard time letting go of a character after the novel is finished?

CAMM:
No I don’t have a hard time letting go of a character. I want to write more books. If I get stuck on one character, it will be difficult to create a new character.

SORMAG: Why did you choose to write urban fiction?

CAMM:
I chose urban fiction because it’s my favorite to read. Plus, I have a lot of fun writing these books.

SORMAG: What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your books?

CAMM:
I thought I wasn’t going to be able to write a book. Scared and not knowing where to turn to, I was discouraged. Back in 2003, I emailed Michael Baisden, who at the time just released, God’s Gift to Women. His marketing team emailed me with the basics of writing a book. Contacting the authors is a great way to get your questions answered.

SORMAG: What one thing about writing do you wish other non-writers would understand?

CAMM:
Writing requires a lot of time and plenty of patience. It’s not easy writing a book but when someone has read something I created and enjoyed it, the feeling is priceless.

SORMAG: What was the last book to keep you up at night reading it?

CAMM:
The last book which kept me up all night is a book entitled, Beautiful Lies by Lisa Unger.

SORMAG: What do you do to make time for yourself?

CAMM:
Prioritizing my time is the best way I can get things finished. When writing a book, I set personal deadlines to get it done.

SORMAG: How can readers get in contact with you? (mail, email, website)

CAMM:
My mailing address is P.O. Box 41380

Norfolk VA 23541

skyhigh7911@juno.com (email)

www.actionmeanschange.com (website)

www.myspace.com/meishacamm (my space)

No comments:

Welcome To SORMAG's Blog

About Me

My photo
I believe in promoting authors and their books. Let me introduce you and your books to online readers.

I'm also a happily married mother of three who's trying to break into the Christian writing field. The writing road can be rocky.

I’m available for:

Online promotion coaching
Lectures
Seminars
Freelancing
Contact me at:lchwriter@gmail.com

Serving Our Community 365 Days a Year!