Wednesday, September 24, 2008
BLOG TOUR: Leketha Johnson
10 Different Great Ways to Help Your Child
Become An Excited Little Reader Today!
1. Go to your local bookstore with your child as most of them have kids sections now that are bright and full of fun reading sections with minature sofa's, tables, and chairs.
2. Read with them at night right before bed. This really is a good technique for unwinding and spending quite time together before the lights go out.
3. Buy books with their favorite TV characters, Disney characters, or just anything covering something that they can relate to and like personally.
4. Attend a book fair in your neighborhood as they can walk around with you enjoying all of the activity and good weather.
5. Let your child read for smaller children - this will give them a boost of self-esteem and help them to appreciate the fact that they can actually read.
6. Award good reading habits with positive affirmations to encourage them to continue. Let them know over and over again how great you think their reading abilities are and how special this interest is.
7. Whatever your child is having a difficult time with, buy books that address their specific issue. If their shy, dealing with bullies, having a hard time sharing, etc. then get them books that show them how other children deal with the same thing.
8. Log onto the internet as there are many kid friendly sites that have stories that are actually read aloud to your child as they follow along. Try http://starfall.com as this site is amazing and super fun - children won't even realize that their learning to read because it's so kid friendly and has numerous interative activities they can enjoy.
9. Buy books based on their individual interests. If they like to help you cook in the kitchen, buy a kid friendly cook book or related cooking stories. The same applies for other things such as sports, art, etc.
10. Have a pajama party book reading night in which kids can take turns reading their favorite book as they eat their popcorn scrawled on the floor in their sleeping bags. Don't want to do a sleep over? Then you can also have a simple gathering in which the kids get to read one of their favorite books together as they eat simple snacks.
If you value reading, so will your child as they all just want to grow up and be just like Mommy and Daddy.
To get even more great ideas about how to help your children truly appreciate the joys of reading, log onto http://sunnysadventures.com/. You'll find more helpful tips, various articles, top book selections, fun kid pages, and much more!
Also, at http://leketha.blogspot.com/, I update this site weekly with some great information regarding new kids web-sites, free book access, current information for kids, and a lot more. So make sure to log on and save it in your favorites so you don't miss out on any of this exciting information!
EASY FRENCH FRY RECIPE:
-1 1/2 pounds potatoes, cut up and put in a bowl
-Sprinkle with salt/ pepper/ whatever seasonings that you like
-I tablespoon of vegatable oil mixed in the potatoes
-Preheat oven to 450
-Arrange potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet
-Bake for 35 minutes or until golden
-Serve with ketchup
GOOD QUOTE TO SHARE WITH CHILDREN:
"Do what you have to do so you can do what you want to do" -
Denzel Washington from The Great Debaters. This is what his father used to say to him when he was a young boy.
Leketha Marie Johnson ----BUY the book
- I believe in promoting authors and their books. Let me introduce you and your books to online readers.
I'm also a happily married mother of three who's trying to break into the Christian writing field. The writing road can be rocky.
I’m available for:
Online promotion coaching
Contact me at:firstname.lastname@example.org