Friday, November 28, 2008

FEATURED AUTHOR: Leigh Mcknight


What would you like your readers to take away from your book?

The importance of family as well as friendship, relationships and the willingness to pursue goals regardless of the difficulties

What did you learn while writing this book?

This book was therapeutic. Even during difficult times, this book allowed me to
escape the madness and live vicariously through the characters

What is the hardest part about the writing business?

Obtaining the right agent and publishing company and marketing your work

What one thing about writing do you wish other non-writers would understand?

Time constraints; not having the luxury of spending enormous amounts of time talking
about previously discussed issues or issues of no importance

Our theme this month is Time Management. How do you do to manage your writing time?

By being my own best friend and allowing my voice mail to do its job. I’ve got
friends whom I care dearly about but very often I find some of them competing with
my writing time. But, I sometimes write early in the morning, late at night or
whenever I have fifteen, twenty, thirty minutes. Then there are times when I have
hours where I can write. A lot is accomplished that way.

What are three things you wish you'd known before you reached where you are now?

Effectively developing characters and moving the story along without being
superfluous

All that is necessary in getting my work to the public

And, I wish I had started writing sooner and not deviated from it

Was there ever a time in your writing career you thought of quitting?

ABSOLUTELY NOT. Writing is and has always been my passion

Do you have any advice for the aspiring writer?

Don’t be intimidated by the words or the entirety of the story. Sometimes it is easier
to do a story in segments. I always try to keep in mind and I learned from my agent to
just write the story which was good advice

What are you thankful for this year?

So many things; the love of God, wonderful family and friends, good health, having
my book published by a mainstream publishing house and the agent who made it
happen

Five questions about books:

One book you’ve read more than once.

Waiting to Exhale—Terry McMillan

One book you couldn’t put down until you finished.

The Ex Files—Victoria Christopher Murray

One book that made you laugh.

Although a serious story, there was a lot about Gone With The Wind that made me
laugh

One book that made you cry.

Mommy’s Angel—Miasha came close

One book you wish you'd written.

Purposed Driven Life

How can readers get in contact with you? (mail, email, website)

PO Box 7198, Sumter, SC 29150, leigh.mcknight08@gmail.com www.leighmcknightonline.com
O R
Minnie_dix@yahoo.com, www.minniedix.com

1 comment:

rhonda mcknight said...

Very good interview. Leigh we may be family. I have relatives in Manning and Sumter. Your book sounds very good. I look forward to picking it up.

Rhonda McKnight
Secrets and Lies, coming Dec 2009
www.rhondamcknight.net

Welcome To SORMAG's Blog

About Me

My photo
I believe in promoting authors and their books. Let me introduce you and your books to online readers.

I'm also a happily married mother of three who's trying to break into the Christian writing field. The writing road can be rocky.

I’m available for:

Online promotion coaching
Lectures
Seminars
Freelancing
Contact me at:lchwriter@gmail.com

Serving Our Community 365 Days a Year!