Saturday, January 24, 2009

FEATURED AUTHOR: Paulette Harper

That Was Then, This Is Now, This Broken Vessel Restored

A heart-wrenching account of one woman’s true story of determination, loss and triumph. In her book, she outlines how a heart attitude of surrender allows God to use a broken vessel for His ultimate plans of Glory.


Paulette Harper is a native of Pittsburg, Ca, Paulette travels as an Inspirational speaker teaching people how to overcome life’s unexpected experiences by delivering a strong message of hope.

Beyond her writing ability she has a passion to lead people to a clear and precise understanding of how life challenges can become one’s ultimate source of victory by sharing solid, biblical principles that will enable people to find a way out of every trial so they can reach their God given potential.

Paulette resides in Northern California and is a member of NewBirth Church in Pittsburg under the leadership of Pastor Carl Smith.

What would you like readers to take away from your book?

I want them to come away encouraged and inspired in spite of their current situation or challenges they may be facing as well as have a better understanding that life challenges are not meant to cause us to fail but to propel us into our destiny.

Why did you choose to write this book?

There are several reasons why I choose to write this book. First being on an assignment from God, secondly I wanted people to see the journey God had taken me through as painful as it was yet God worked out everything in my life for the better and third I wanted my life to be a blessing to others.

What did you learn while writing this book?

I was able to reflect back on how God had truly healed me from my past and how much I had grown from my experiences. I learned that my story was meant to be shared with the world.

What one thing about writing do you wish other non-writers would understand?

I wish non writers would understand that writing is a job. It takes discipline, time management and dedication to see the finished product. I think non writers don’t realize that writing a book takes months of processing. A good book might be birthed in a day but the writing might take nine months!

What is the best lesson you have learned from another writer?


That one of the most important things is marketing your product. Promote, promote, promote. You can never stop putting your book in front of people. Even when people get tired of hearing about the book, talk about it, show it off and always have copies available for sale.

What is the toughest test you've faced as a writer?

Trying to bring balance to my life in the area of home, work and ministry while writing my next book.

What is something readers would be surprised you do?

I love playing spades. I’m the queen at the table and I don’t like to lose.

What are three things you wish you’d known before you reached where you are now?

I wish I had known how to effectively market my book and reach my readers. I wish I could have had a mentor helping me get through some of the challenges of marketing and promoting my book.

How do you reach new readers?

I go up to complete strangers and introduce my self and ask if they like to read inspirational books. Those that say yes I show them my book or give them one of my post cards. I’ve written several articles on line to different magazines in which each magazine company has a different reader base. I’ve learned how to stretch and go outside the box. I also do social networking on many of the on line sites.

If you could have dinner with 3 authors to talk with about their writing (living or deceased) who would you invite and why?

Kendra Bellamy, Mayo Angelo, Jerome Eric Dickey. All of these writers have put out multiple books which means they know what it takes to make it in the market and they have made a name for themselves in which I could glean from. I believe they are great teachers.

Can you give us one do and one don’t for those aspiring to be a writer?

One of the things an aspiring writer must have is the passion to finish the book. I’ve talked to many people who just won’t commit to finishing the project. What I would tell an aspiring writer not to do is to limit them in one area of writing. Expanding the market will increase your reader base.

Our theme for this month is Family Literacy, what do you do to promote literacy in your family?

I encourage each member to try to read either a book a month or pick up several educational magazine of interest.

How can readers get in contact with you? (mail, email, website)

Readers can visit my website: http://www.bvministry.org/, www.myspace.com/pauletteh or
paulet_harper@yahoo.com

Can you give us a sneak peek of your next book?

My next book called “Completely Whole” will be an inspirational book as well. I will focus on how God uses the experience in life to make us a whole person. I will deal with the complete man, spirit, soul and body.


Gabcast! Paulette Harper Excerpt #1

2 comments:

Jessica Nelson said...

Ooh, spades is fun! I'll bet my step-dad would love to take you on! LOL Great cover on your book too.

Lashaunda, I gave your blog an award. :-)

Becky said...

Looks like a really great book. I have been looking for a great inspirational book to read since finishing "Elijah's Coin: A Lesson for Life," by Steve O' Brien. I am fascinated by powerful, life changing books. I am so excited to check this one out. Thanks for the heads up

Welcome To SORMAG's Blog

About Me

My photo
I believe in promoting authors and their books. Let me introduce you and your books to online readers.

I'm also a happily married mother of three who's trying to break into the Christian writing field. The writing road can be rocky.

I’m available for:

Online promotion coaching
Lectures
Seminars
Freelancing
Contact me at:lchwriter@gmail.com

Serving Our Community 365 Days a Year!