Monday, March 23, 2009

FEATURED AUTHOR: Frankie Nicole

I was born in Harlem and raised in New York City and in a small town, Rose Hill, North Carolina. I currently reside in Washington, DC with my family.

I am a mother, wife, and author with aspirations of writing as a living or creating a short film and/or writing for a major network or studio. I believe that God has equipped me and everyone with spiritual gifts that we must cultivate in order to live a full and rewarding life.

I am a graduate of the Maryland University, College Park and Pfeiffer University with a MBA/MHA. I have worked in healthcare and marketing for the past ten years. Also, I believe that we all should volunteer and I love to travel and meet new people.

What would you like readers to take away from your book?

A conscious message and understanding that life is full of ups and downs (episodes) and when you don't resolve or deal with negative episodes, they will leave "scratches" in your life that can hinder your growth, focus, and direction. Also, understand that people deal with their episodes (life predicaments) differently, which may result from a verbal, mental, physical, social, or emotional situation, because some seek God, attend therapy, have a shot of their best "joy juice" or a combination of them all, including denial. However, episodes are part of life, regardless of who you are, where you live, or how much money you have or don't have - it's life, regardless of your background.

“We all have them!"

And resolution can come by forgiving others, loving unconditionally, becoming responsible, facing adversity, learning life lessons, and understanding that "this too shall pass".

Why did you choose to write this book?

Well, after experiencing a job termination and putting my reality into perspective. I found myself asking God: What should I do next? Eventually, my spirit led me back to a twenty-year old hobby (writing), which was never a priority, but a past time of reflection and escape. Soon, I began to write.....

What did you learn while writing this book?

There were many learning lessons, but I'd learned how to deal with procrastination, especially when you don't want to do certain tasks. Also, I uncovered new attributes about myself and that writing is an activity that you must do EVERYDAY, so that you can consistently develop your characters and story line.

What was your favorite scene/chapter from the book?

I would be bias to say that any one chapter was my favorite because in some form of fashion, I'd enjoyed creating them all. Yet, I really enjoyed "Cherub Cove" because it's filled with disappointment, hope, dreams, and faith.

What one thing about writing do you wish other non-writers would understand?

It is definitely a creative and redundant writing process, so it's important that you learn from your mistakes. And like any talent, you must study and hone it!

What is the best lesson you have learned from another writer?

You must consistently promote your book and name - it is a tool for exposure and success, regardless of who likes it.

What is the toughest test you've faced as a writer?

Accepting that your countless edits are part of the process, because practice and review will make it better for your next book.

What is something readers would be surprised you do?

I like to look at television episodes of Monk and the Dave Chappelle Show.

What are three things you wish you'd known before you reached where you are now?

Form relationships with people in different fields.
Writing can be a full-time job.
Save and look for cost-effective ways to promote your book.

How do you reach new readers?

When my promotion hat is on, I speak to prospective readers about my book, so I extend a flyer or synopsis to strangers, as well as meeting new readers at book festivals, book clubs, networking functions, and social media forums, such as this one.

If you could have dinner with 3 authors to talk with about their writing (living or deceased) who would you invite and why?

Maya Angelou - because her writing is the essence of beauty, consciousness, love, sincerity, and a positive message for readers to embrace.

James Baldwin - because his boldness, literary voice, and writing style reflected an expression of change and social stigmas that life ensued.

Jodi Picoult - because her writing has developed into other outlets and international success.

Can you give us one do and one don't for those aspiring to be a writer?

Do your research!

Don't stop believing in YOUR dream!

How can readers get in contact with you? (mail, email, website)

Email me at info@FrankieNicole.com for book discussions, speaker requests, and inquiries.

Visit my website at:

http://www.frankienicole.com/

www.myspace.com/authorfrankienicole

Mailing address: PO Box 29513 Washington, DC 20017 for book orders.

Readers can order my book on-line at http://www.frankienicole.com/buynow.html

Our theme for this month is Resources On The Net, what three resources do you use on the net?

http://www.edc-creations.com/

Can you give us a sneak peek of your next book?

Promoting the rise of Scratches in 2009 with different ventures, so that I will not limit my market and readers; another book or possibly a sequel to Scratches; and to expect the unexpected with stories and subject matter. I look to become a voice in the industry and to enrich the lives of others.

Scratches

Scratches offers a look into the life of Charlie, the protagonist, and her friends, who are connected in some form of fashion. She gets entangled in several situations that test the boundaries of friendship, loyalty, honesty, and love; and unexpectedly helps several friends confront life predicaments and finds herself in a dilemma with a close friend, while learning a thing or two for herself. But what does she do when her friend's boyfriend is attractive to her?

Therefore, it's a page-turner with a series of fabricated episodes that you can identify with, especially when the person you trusted is a green-eyed monster; a close friend, Lorna, who deals with an abusive past, while learning the truth about an estranged friend; and a neighbor, who struggles with dealing with a failed professional sports career.

This book is filled with drama and contains NO explicit material or profanity.

No comments:

Welcome To SORMAG's Blog

About Me

My photo
I believe in promoting authors and their books. Let me introduce you and your books to online readers.

I'm also a happily married mother of three who's trying to break into the Christian writing field. The writing road can be rocky.

I’m available for:

Online promotion coaching
Lectures
Seminars
Freelancing
Contact me at:lchwriter@gmail.com

Serving Our Community 365 Days a Year!