Tuesday, July 07, 2009

In Memory Of Michael J. Jackson


Today we say goodbye. The tears are still there, but a sense of peace and beautiful memories feel my heart.

I send out my deepest sympathy to the Jackson family and to his friends and fans.

I wanted to share a post I did for the readersroom.com . It says a little about how I felt about Michael and his music.


michael

NEVER CAN SAY GOODBYE

When I think of music and the part it's played in my life, one name always comes up -Michael Jackson. I can’t imagine my life without his music. His songs will forever hold special memories for me.

My first concert was a Jackson 5 concert. I was five years old and excited see my boyfriend Michael Jackson live. I remember dancing in the aisle and singing along with my favorite singer.

Ooh darling I was blind to let you go
but now since I see you in his arms
I want you back yes I do now
I want you back oh oh baby
I want you yeah yeah yeah
I want you back na na na


As a teenager I begged my mother to attend the Victory tour, of course she couldn’t get tickets it was sold out. So we had to settle for listening to the live version on the radio. We screamed like we were there in person.

She’s a dance, dance, dance, dance, dancing machine
Watch her get down, watch her get down
As she do, do, do her thing
Right on the scene


When Michael moon walked across the stage we were right in front of the T.V. clapping like we were in the audience too. He mesmerized us.

My favorite music video as a teen was Thriller. My sisters and I watched it a million times until we memorized the words. We are the World touched our hearts.
My single years in the Navy I danced to MJ’s music and just a few months ago I introduced my children to some of his famous videos. I wanted them to share in the memories of my favorite singer.

My heart ached when I finally let it sink in that we would no longer have the gifted singer, song writer, dancer to grow old with. What would the music world be like without him?

No, I didn’t know Michael personally, but I knew his music and it inspired me to dream big.

To all those who loved Michael and his music, he leaves a legacy of wonderful songs to inspire another generation.

Never can say goodbye

No no no no, I
Never can say goodbye
Even though the pain and heartache
Seems to follow me wherever I go
Though I try and try to hide my feelings
They always seem to show
Then you try to say you're leaving me
And I always have to say no...


DO YOU REMEMBER THE TIME:


Please share your favorite Michael memory or song.

No comments:

Welcome To SORMAG's Blog

About Me

My photo
I believe in promoting authors and their books. Let me introduce you and your books to online readers.

I'm also a happily married mother of three who's trying to break into the Christian writing field. The writing road can be rocky.

I’m available for:

Online promotion coaching
Lectures
Seminars
Freelancing
Contact me at:lchwriter@gmail.com

Serving Our Community 365 Days a Year!