Monday, November 29, 2010

FEATURED AUTHOR: Dwayne S. Joseph

Dwayne S. Joseph is determined to set himself apart. He’s done relationship drama with novels such as, The Womanizers, In Too Deep and If It Isn’t Love. Now he’s moved on to suspenseful, intense, erotic tales laced with drama, mystery and violence. His most recent novels, Home Wrecker, his upcoming thriller, Betrayal and his 2010 release, Eye For An Eye are testaments to that. 

It’s all about growth for Mr. Joseph. He strives to grow and improve with each novel and he feels that’s what the readers deserve. His goal is to entertain his readers with unforgettable storylines and characters that they just can’t stop talking about.

Along with his novels, he has also contributed short stories to A Dollar And A Dream, Gigolos Get Lonely Too, the Essence Best-Seller Around The Way Girls I, and Around The Way Girls 4.

He currently resides in Maryland with his wife and three children, where is hard at work on his next novel, Eye For An Eye, an explosive sequel to Home Wrecker, which has been optioned for film or a television series.

Eye For An Eye

Lisette, the flawless beauty with the take-no-prisoners attitude, is back!

Along with her partners, Marlene and Aida, Lisette continues to ruin marriages at the request of desperate, wealthy wives willing to pay large sums to stick to their husbands. Control is what it’s all about and that’s just what they give the wives back.

Enter Shante Hunt and Vivian Steele. Shante wants Lisette to set up her brother-in-law to prove to her sister that the man she married is no good, while Vivian wants Aida to trap her husband, not to divorce him, but to force him to realize how good he has it at home. It’s business as usual until Lisette’s past comes back to wreak havoc in a major way. Someone is out for revenge and when Lisette finds out who and why, things for both she and Aida, will never be the same again.

Sex, suspense, intense drama and murder…Eye For An Eye is an explosive sequel that will leave you with your mouth hanging wide open.

How did you start out your writing career?

In 2001 I was fortunate enough to have been laid off. While searching for work, which I didn't find until ten months later, I took a novel I had written, titled Choices Men Make and went to a bookstore that had been owned by Carl Weber. At the time he was just starting his own publishing company. I met him and gave him a copy of my novel, and three days later he called me and told me that he wanted to publish it. I say fortunate enough to have been laid off because had I not been, I would have never had the time to seek out a publishing deal.

What did you learn while writing this book?

I learned that revenge takes a lot of planning and patience!

What did you hope to accomplish with this book?

My goal with Eye For An Eye was to surpass Home Wrecker by taking readers on a wild, intense, erotic ride that they would find themselves unable to put down. I don't usually do sequels and I figured if I was going to do one, I had to up the ante on it! Hopefully the readers think I have.

Is the “writer’s life” what you thought it would be?

I don't really know what I envisioned for the "writer's life" really. It's fun being able to do what i love and it's a great feeling to know that readers enjoy the hard word I put into my novels.

Which five characters (can be from books, movies, or tv shows) would you invite over for dinner and why?

Five characters... hmm. Lisette from my novel...would just love to see her work her magic lol! Tennyson Hardwick from Casanegra by Blair Underwood, Tananarive Due and Steven Barnes to ask about his crazy adventures. Any character from Tami Hoag novels so I could ask them what it's like to be created by her! Can't think of any others..this is tough!

What are three things you wish you’d known before you reached where you are now?

Nothing really..I've learned a lot along the way and I've enjoyed the process.

Can you give us one do and one don’t for those aspiring to be a writer?

DO... Study the craft of writing, have patience, take chances and stretch outside of the box with characters and storylines. That's three I know!

DON'T....think that you will have a long career if you don't focus on trying to grow as a writer, don't think that the book is going to sell itself, don't get frustrated when/ if the best seller doesn't happen right away.

Sorry...had to keep the dos and don'ts even!

What one thing about writing do you wish other non-writers would understand?

That writing can be taxing. Creating a storyline, the sequencing, the character development isn't something you can just whip up...not if you are determined to do it the right way.

What was the best advice you’d ever gotten about the publishing industry? The worst?

Best...to take chances. Carl Weber told me that...take chance, don't be afraid to push the limits.

Worst....I don't really have a worst.

What is something readers would be surprised you do?

Love to listen to and dance to salsa...my favorite music.

If you could be a character from any book you've read, who would you be?


I would love to be Tennyson Hardwick, because he's just a cool dude!

Our theme this month is Men In Fiction. What male writer are you reading?

Right now I'm reading Mister X by John Lutz...he's a great mystery suspense writer.

Oprah always asks, What do you know for sure?

I know for sure that I NEVER halfstep when it comes to my writing. Readers will see growth in each book that I do, because growth is extremely important to me. I always try to make sure the readers say "Damn...he surpassed his last book!" Or the vey least that it was "Just as good."

Can you give us a sneak peek of your next book?

I'm currently working on a crazy, dark, twisted erotic, fatal attraction novel, titled, Truth Or Dare, about a wife who falls for a man that targets women online. Vows are broken, regret will set in, and when the woman declares that things can't go any further...craziness will ensue. Of course if the readers know me by now, they know that there is a whole lot of craziness that will go on in-between!

How can readers get in contact with you? (mail, email, website)

Best way to reach me is via my fanpage on www.facebook.com/Dwayne.S.Joseph or my email DJoseph21044@yahoo.com. Of course they can always find me sitting on the left side of the cafe sipping on a latte, while writing at my favorite Barnes & Noble!

If you enjoyed this post, please consider becoming a member of SORMAG's community - Join Today

No comments:

Welcome To SORMAG's Blog

About Me

My photo
I believe in promoting authors and their books. Let me introduce you and your books to online readers.

I'm also a happily married mother of three who's trying to break into the Christian writing field. The writing road can be rocky.

I’m available for:

Online promotion coaching
Lectures
Seminars
Freelancing
Contact me at:lchwriter@gmail.com

Serving Our Community 365 Days a Year!