Tuesday, July 19, 2011
COLUMN: ARE YOU ON THE NET
Online Promotion Plan VI
10. Have you created at least five articles that focus on your books’ theme?
Articles are a great way to promote yourself online. There are many online magazines, sites or blogs that are always looking for new submissions. They always feature a byline and a short bio. This is an excellent way to share your knowledge with readers. It will introduce your writing abilities and place your name in reader’s minds.
You can write about your experience as a writer, the craft of writing, or maybe you're expert in a subject. Write an article about it.
BEFORE YOU BEGAN
Before you start, remember to do your research first.
- Check out the ezine/sites/or blogs to see if their readership are the readers you want to reach.
- See what types of articles these ezines/sites/or blogs are looking for. You don't want to submit a medical article to a poetry magazine.
- Some ezines/sites/or blogs have a writing calendar with the themes for the year, which can help you in knowing what to offer as an article.
- What is the word count? This will help you when you began to write your articles.
- Who do you submit to? I highly recommend knowing the name of the editor.
- How do they want you to submit? Read over their guidelines. Don’t send your article with permission.
A letter of introduction is a way to introduce you and your book to ezines/sites/or blogs. You're offering your services to them and in return they let you know if they can use your services.
Greetings in the name of literature,
My name is LaShaunda C. Hoffman. I'm currently promoting my new book and would like to introduce it to your readers. I would like to write an article for you. I have a variety of subjects to discuss (relationships, Christian life, blogging, natural hair care, online marketing or about writing).
Please let me know what subject you’re interested in, and I will send you an article.
I look forward to working with you.
LaShaunda C. Hoffman
When you submit your articles, the publication will also want a short bio on you, 25 words or less. This is similar to your signature, with a little more info about yourself. Make sure to have a link to your site.
LaShaunda C. Hoffman is a Christian Fiction author who enjoys reading and chatting online. Debut novel, Trust in the Lord is due out June 2011. Visit her online at -
Monthly Columnist – Some online magazine/sites/or blogs look for monthly columnist. This is your chance to talk about your special topic only you know about. Share your wisdom with their readership and at the end of your column, include your bio. Check out your favorite online magazines/sites/or blogs and see if they’re in the need for a columnist and send an intro letter to the editor and offer your services.
You have your articles, your bio, and you're ready to send out your letters of introduction. Your purpose for the submission is to introduce yourself to their readers. If you’re lucky some sites pay for content.
I highly recommend that you use this tool off the net too.
Next month we will break down more of these questions to help you continue to build your plan.
Can’t wait to next month, contact me –firstname.lastname@example.org. I’m available for private online promotion coaching.
I’ll see you on the net.
LaShaunda C. Hoffman
LaShaunda is the creator of SORMAG – Shades Of Romance Magazine. She has 11 years of experience on online promotion, most she learned from trial and error. She has taught workshops on online promotion and is available for private online promotion coaching.
If you enjoyed this post, please consider becoming a member of SORMAG's community - Join Today
Do you need help with your promoting? - http://sormag.com/advertise.htm
- I believe in promoting authors and their books. Let me introduce you and your books to online readers.
I'm also a happily married mother of three who's trying to break into the Christian writing field. The writing road can be rocky.
I’m available for:
Online promotion coaching
Contact me at:email@example.com