Friday, July 15, 2011

FEATURED AUTHOR: Janie De Coster



What My Sister Don’t Know

Passion, Betrayal, and a whole lot of drama, this story gives the readers what they want. Entertaining and thought provoking, it makes you ask the question: Is blood thicker than lust?

Saphire Michaels marries Clay Matthews, a down to earth and loyal man who loves the ground her designer shoes walks on. But no matter how hard she tries to love him, her heart yearns for another.

Gade, Saphire younger sister marries the man of her dreams. Lamonte Singletary is everything a red blooded woman could ever want in a man. And after the birth of their son, life has been picture perfect that is until…

Joe Burrels, a bittersweet memory from the past returns with a haunting secret he is determined to reveal. Now the bond of sister-hood could be destroyed forever in What My Sister Don’t Know.


Janie De Coster love of reading is what inspired her to take a step into the writing world. Her first novel Man of My Dreams released in 2006 and was featured in She Magazine, Community Times and Florence Morning News publication.

Janie is currently working on several projects including her novel Broken Commands with Parker Publishing which is slated for released in November 2011.

How did you start out your writing career?

My writing career began with my first novel Man of My Dreams? which was released in 2006.

What did you learn while writing this book?

Writing and publishing a book is very challenging. It takes a lot of hard work and patience. So what I've learned with this book is patience is defiantly a virtue.

What did you hope to accomplish with this book?

What I hope to accomplished with this book is not only to entertain my readers, but to bring awareness to the lack of trust and diminishing morals of today's society.

Which character did you have the most fun writing about?

My favorite character is this book is Saphire. She is over the top but deep down inside she means well.

What has surprised you most about becoming a published author?

What surprised me the most about becoming an published author is the fact that I am a published author. If you would have told me six years ago that I would be one, I would have looked at you as if you'd lost your mind.

What aspect of writing do you love the best, and which do you hate the most?

Let's see, what I love most about writing is creating the characters. Giving them their own personalities is amazing. What I hate the most is revising which is very tedious

What are three things you wish you’d known before you reached where you are now?

The first thing, I wish I would have known more about the publishing world. The second thing I wish I would have known is just because you've written a book doesn't mean your work is done. And the last thing I wish I would have known is how hard it was to get the attention of a agent or publisher.

Can you give us one do and one don’t for those aspiring to be a writer?

The do for those aspiring to become a writer is to take your time. Don't be in a hurry to get your book out there. Make sure it is polished before submitting it to agents and publishers. The don't is not to sit idly by waiting on a response. Go on to your next story.

What one thing about writing do you wish other non-writers would understand?

Now this is an excellent question. I can't tell you how many times a non-writer have said to me... Oh writing is not hard to do, or writing is not really a job. I have to take a deep breath, count to ten and exhale before I give them a response. If only they knew that writing is hard and it is certainly a job. We writers put in long and lonesome hours perfecting our craft to ensure the outcome is the best it can be.

If you could be a character from any book you've read, who would you be?

Mary Monroe's Annette Goode in God Don't Play. She represents a strong woman.

When you're not writing, what do you like to do in your spare time?

When I'm not writing I'm reading. I love to travel and collect elephants what nots.

What do you do to interact with your readers?

I love to do book signings and meet and greet parties. This is where I can meet my fans and get face to face feed back on my novels.

Oprah always asks, What do you know for sure?

What I know for sure is that I going to bring more stories to my readers.

Can you give us a sneak peek of your next book?

Well all I can say about that is...If you liked What My Sister Don't Know, you're in for a real treat with Broken Commandments.

How can readers get in contact with you? (mail, email, website)

You can contact me through my web site http://janiedecoster.com, or http://twitter.com
 and facebook.


To place orders for the book What My Sister Don’t Know

ISBN 978-58909-904-1 Price $15.95

Contact: Bookstand Publishing

305 Vineyard Town Center

Suite 302

Morgan Hill, CA 95037

Toll Free 866-793-9365

www.bookstandpublishing.com


If you enjoyed this post, please consider becoming a member of SORMAG's community - Join Today

Do you need help with your promoting? - http://sormag.com/advertise.htm

No comments:

Welcome To SORMAG's Blog

About Me

My photo
I believe in promoting authors and their books. Let me introduce you and your books to online readers.

I'm also a happily married mother of three who's trying to break into the Christian writing field. The writing road can be rocky.

I’m available for:

Online promotion coaching
Lectures
Seminars
Freelancing
Contact me at:lchwriter@gmail.com

Serving Our Community 365 Days a Year!