Friday, May 04, 2012

FEATURED AUTHOR: Janice Angelique




Janice Angelique was born in Jamaican West Indies, now lives in Parkland, Florida with her husband of 40 years and her two dogs.

How did you start out your writing career?

I started out by a writing children’s book (ducky grows up, featured on Kindle) also a poetry book, also on Kindle.

What did you learn by writing this book?

I love writing in this genre

What did you hope to accomplish with this book?

For a wider reading audience

What came first with this story, the characters or the plot? Why?

The characters came first. My son actually came up with the leading man. In most of my writing the plot comes to me while I’m writing.

What has surprised you most about becoming a published author?

Still to be very careful of whom I put my trust in regarding my work

What aspect of writing do you love the best, and which do you hate most?

I actually love all aspects of writing except doing those dreaded synopsis and query letters

What are three things you wish you’d known before you reached where you are now?

I’m still a struggling author, but I wish I’d known that not all publishers and editors are created equal. Unfortunately people are not always what they claim to be. Editors don’t know everything and publishers don’t always know which book will hit it big. So far I’ve met one editor who was very nasty.

Can you give us one do and one don’t for those aspiring to be a writer.

You will get a lot of rejection letters, put them all in a junk drawer and if you seriously want to become a writer, don’t give in or give up no matter what anyone says.

What one thing about writing do you wish other non-writers would understand?

It’s not an easy profession. You really need to toughen up and work hard. Be creative.  Be original.  You can bend the rules a little but not all the way.

Tell something few know about you?

I am very determined. I am extremely approachable. I take friendship very seriously. I absolutely hate dishonesty and people who are pretentious.

When you’re not writing, what do you like to do in your spare time?

I’m always writing because I’m always thinking of the next book, the next plot. Between my 2 dogs, my granddaughter, my family and working with a non-profit organization, Angel’s From Heaven based in South Florida, I have very little spare time. I however, do love to listen to music.

What do you do to interact with your readers?

I’m on Face book, twitter, I blog on my website, jmullings.com and I occasionally do signings.

Top favorite books:

The Twilight Saga, The Bourne series

Oprah always asks, What do you know for sure?

I’ll keep writing even when I have only one reader left.

Can you give us a sneak peek of your next book?

I just got finished with Immortal Kiss and I’m working on the sequel where things really heats up. Hildi comes into her own as a full witch. The gods get more involved, and my favorite of all, the Rahjah Rastafarians whom I created in my first book, Angels Paradise are back in full force. I just love the people and their culture. I’ve also just finished a romance novel, The Upside Of Down.

How can readers get in touch with you? (Mail, Email, website)

My website is http://www.jmullings.com/ they can also email me at janiceangelique@gmail.com. I love getting feedback about my work or even if they just want to say hello.



On her twenty-fifth birthday, Hildi overheard a conversation between her father and uncle that chilled her to the bone.  Her mother’s life was threatened by the son of a man she had killed in self defense twenty years ago. But little did Hildi know that she would receive an out of this world gift from a man she had never met before, but one who had waited over two hundred years to meet her.

Made by a witch, touched by the gods, for a long time he had waited. Through pain, Neophi finally met the woman of his dreams. Born in Nairobi, Africa two-hundred and twenty-five years ago, his existence was shrouded by mystery and intrigue.

When Hildi and Neophi met, it was literally, electrifying. One touch of his hand and she was thrown to the ground right there on the streets of Manhattan. But that didn’t stop them from trying to connect with each other. In a bloody battle between vampires, wolves, immortals and mortals the two touched and began their journey into a life of unbridled passion and unrelenting danger. They would become one with a price so high no mortal could endure. But if death was to be their earthly reward, they would gladly sacrifice themselves for each other.




If you enjoyed this post, please consider becoming a member of SORMAG's community - Join Today

Do you need help with your promoting? - http://sormag.com/advertise.htm


No comments:

Welcome To SORMAG's Blog

About Me

My photo
I believe in promoting authors and their books. Let me introduce you and your books to online readers.

I'm also a happily married mother of three who's trying to break into the Christian writing field. The writing road can be rocky.

I’m available for:

Online promotion coaching
Lectures
Seminars
Freelancing
Contact me at:lchwriter@gmail.com

Serving Our Community 365 Days a Year!