Monday, February 10, 2014

FEATURED AUTHOR: Dominique Watson



Dominique Watson is a published author. Dominique has published nine books in the genres of poetry, inspiration and urban Christian fiction, including her most popular series, Concealed Betrayal. Concealed Betrayal Part 2: Zora’s Infuriation is Dominique’s latest book.

Dominique is also the Founder and Owner of Diamond M’press Publications. She’s currently hosting the Author’s Guidance Program which can be found at www.diamondmpresspublications.com

She’s the co-owner of PEN’Ashe Literary Magazine along-side Darryl Mims. www.penashemagazine.com

Dominique spends a lot of time mentoring authors and writers through Literary Career Moves, which you can learn more about by visiting www.LiteraryCareerMoves.com.

Dominique can be found on Twitter, Facebook, Google Plus and Instagram.

For more about the dynamic Dominique Watson, check her out at: www.Author-DominiqueLWatson.com

What would you like readers to take away from your book?

-Forgiveness. Honesty in relationships and strength between families. How one must let go in order to let God work.

What did you learn about yourself in terms of your strong points and weak points while writing this book?

-That I have the ability to bring out a lot more in my writings. I can really dig deep within myself and the possibilities are endless.

Our theme for this issue, SETTING GOALS, do you have a system you use for setting goals for the year (calendars, vision boards etc.)?

-I like to use my iPad and list my tasks. Goals as far as being number one here or there or accomplishing a certain type of status through my work, I normally keep within myself. Kinda keep it on lock and key but have it placed in the back of my mind and every so often I am reminded of that goal and I like to see my progress. So my system is to tell no one. I keep it right with me and self-motivate.

Do you have any advice for setting goals for writing?

-Pace yourself! Trust yourself and motivate yourself. Don’t expect someone else’s goals to be the same as yours and keep small goals! Always look at how far you’ve come, not how far you have to go.

What advice would you offer to someone whose book is about to be released?

-Calm down! Lol Pat yourself on the back and get ready for the hard work. Promotion is the key to success. Writing the book is only half the job. Now you have to promote it.

What advice would you offer to someone who wants to make a career of writing?

-Understand that this business is tough. Some people are not always out to help you. You have to grind hard in this industry and understand that success does not happen overnight. You have to work for everything.

Who was the first author you ever met?

-I have not met any authors in person. I do however email lots of authors and they actually respond. Joy Deja King is one of them and I admire authors who do that.

What are you reading right now?

-Michael Connelly’s The God’s Guilty

How can readers get in contact with you? (mail, email, website)

-I can be reached at:

www.author-dominiquelwatson.com

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/authordominiquelwatson

Twitter: www.twitter/almondeyesdiva

Instagram @authordominiquelwatson

Pinterest @authordominique

My Publishing Company: www.diamondmpresspublications.com

Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/authordominiquelwatson

Oprah always asks, what do you know for sure?

-That I will write as long as I am able and that I will continue to inspire others as long as God continues to put the calling in me.

Anything you'd like to say to the readers of SORMAG?

-Thank you so much for the opportunity to be featured.



Zora Young lives her life in anger and revenge. She is pissed! Her twenty-five year marriage is now over and she blames Tina. We met Zora in Concealed Betrayal when she walked into Tina’s house and slapped her for sleeping with her husband.

After years of praying and hoping her marriage would be restored, Zora’s husband Vernell serves her with divorce papers. Zora wants nothing more than to see both of them rot in hell. No one around her can have happiness.

Her college-aged son comes home with a secret and a newfound high on life, Zora, her sister and mother are dealing with the disease that is killing their father and husband. Everything that could go wrong is going wrong in Zora’s life.

Alcohol becomes her best friend as she pours out her pain in a journal. Zora doesn’t believe she has the ability to rebound from such grief. In a fateful twist of trying to help her son heal, she ends up healing herself.

Take a ride with Zora, a woman scorned, on an emotional rollercoaster in this fast-paced, Urban Christian Fiction Novel, the follow up to Concealed Betrayal.

If you enjoyed this post, please consider becoming a member of SORMAG's community - Join Today

Do you need help with your promoting? - http://sormag.com/advertise.htm


No comments:

Welcome To SORMAG's Blog

About Me

My photo
I believe in promoting authors and their books. Let me introduce you and your books to online readers.

I'm also a happily married mother of three who's trying to break into the Christian writing field. The writing road can be rocky.

I’m available for:

Online promotion coaching
Lectures
Seminars
Freelancing
Contact me at:lchwriter@gmail.com

Serving Our Community 365 Days a Year!