Thursday, July 03, 2014

FEATURED AUTHOR: Irene Booker





Irene Booker is a real estate professional and the author of Feelings From Deep Within, Prey of Innocence, The Seed of a Slave, Don’t Be Ashamed Gabby, I’m Not, Dinner Table Conversations, The Legend of Mr. Have and Mr. Have Not, We Were Born For Greatness, A Young Mind, Knowledge and His Best Friend Wisdom, We Are A Reflection of Unity and The Voices of Hope and His Twin Change.

What would you like readers to take away from your book?

We should never fear the person we were born to be.  Know thyself; and know the person who lives behind the skin and the bones.  Within each of us lies the potential for greatness.  Do not be afraid of stepping out on faith and cultivating your dreams.  

Which character did you have the most fun writing about?

I enjoyed writing about Mrs. Williams because of her undying love towards each of her students.  We should all be so lucky to have a school teacher who saw only the best in us.

What was your greatest roadblock, and how did you overcome it?

My greatest roadblock was trying to decide if I would make the teacher a female or a male. Children today are emotionally starved and are lacking love and affection.  As a result of many different things, for example, the economy has taken parents out of the household; technology has replaced emotional connections within families. Therefore, I decided to choose a woman because of these maternal characteristics.

Can you give us one do and one don’t for those aspiring to be a writer? 

I would say, “Continue to write and rewrite until you feel that you have written your number one best seller, but whatever you do, do not give up.”  “Do not abandon the gift that God blessed you with.”

What one thing about writing do you wish other non-writers would understand?

Writing is a passion, and to enjoy it, you must become one within it.

What was the last book to keep you up at night reading it?  

A novel that I wrote ten years ago entitled, “The Hardships of a Black Family,” which I am in the process of finalizing.

What do you do to make time for yourself?

On occasions, I travel to my second home in Fort Lauderdale to escape the city life and to write as much as I can.  When I am there, I find a place of solace where I become one with myself.

How can readers get in contact with you?

I can be reached at:

E-mail: awakening@irenebooker.com

website:  www.irenebooker.com 

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=Irene+Booker&rh=n%3A283155%2Ck%3AIrene+Booker

Instagram:  @kids_4_greatness

Twitter:  @irenebookero


Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/wewerebornforgreatness?ref=hl


An elementary school teacher’s secret ingredient allows her students a chance to dream aloud, build character, and instill pride in who they are and their cultures.  She strokes their egos while instilling in each of them that they were born from the seeds of greatness, and within each of them, lies the potential for excellence.  The potential for greatness lies within each of us. She encourages each of her students to build upon their dreams, and actions will cement the foundation to cultivate all dreams.  Her classroom exercise of reciting aloud at the beginning of class five times, “We Were Born For Greatness” inspired her students immensely. 


If you enjoyed this post, please consider becoming a member of SORMAG's community - Join Today

Do you need help with your promoting? - http://sormag.com/advertise.htm


No comments:

Welcome To SORMAG's Blog

About Me

My photo
I believe in promoting authors and their books. Let me introduce you and your books to online readers.

I'm also a happily married mother of three who's trying to break into the Christian writing field. The writing road can be rocky.

I’m available for:

Online promotion coaching
Lectures
Seminars
Freelancing
Contact me at:lchwriter@gmail.com

Serving Our Community 365 Days a Year!