Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Online Book Club - Building Relationships Around Books






 


Tell us about your book club?

Building Relationships Around Books is more than just a book club, it is family. Every day I look forward to meeting with the family and talking about some of our favorite fictional characters. We are so serious about our favorite book heroes, even heard one lady had a baby by a fictional character ( LOL)

For the next step for B.R.A.B. I would love to start a physical chapters in different locations. I feel I can reach more people that way.

Why was it created?

BRAB stands for Building Relationships Around Books. I decided to start a book club on Facebook in 2009 to find other readers who shared the same passion for reading. I wanted to have discussions, as well as tons of interaction with some of my favorite authors. I was reading so much but had nobody to talk to about the books I was enjoying. I thought this was a great way to reach more people being online. BRAB has grown so much over the last couple of years I now have two other ladies who help me run the book club Prissy Parker and Denise Stokes are my book partners and admins.



Hello! I am Sharon L Blount The President of Building Relationships Around Books, I am from Oakland, California. I am a medical assistant and mother to a beautiful son who has truly taught me the meaning of love. I have not always been an avid reader because of my learning disability. Dyslexia made reading difficult for me to enjoy. I became true avid reader once I picked up my first African American romance novel by Rochelle Alers; I have not stopped since then. Along the way, I found out that I am a sucker for romance. I love happy endings and I love the fact that love can conquer all. I also enjoy different genres such as suspense, mystery, and true crime. I have a dream of one day writing my own books.


Read Sharon's interview in the SUMMER ISSUE of SORMAG Digital

If you enjoyed this post, please consider becoming a member of SORMAG's community - Join Today

Do you need help with your promoting? - http://sormag.com/advertise.htm


2 comments:

Rekaya Gibson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rekaya Gibson said...

Congratulations on becoming an avid reader and starting an online book club. Thank you for sharing your story.

Welcome To SORMAG's Blog

About Me

My photo
I believe in promoting authors and their books. Let me introduce you and your books to online readers.

I'm also a happily married mother of three who's trying to break into the Christian writing field. The writing road can be rocky.

I’m available for:

Online promotion coaching
Lectures
Seminars
Freelancing
Contact me at:lchwriter@gmail.com

Serving Our Community 365 Days a Year!