Monday, February 29, 2016

FEATURED AUTHOR: Jamie Pope



Jamie is an award-winning romance writer, teacher and boot-buying addict who sometimes goes by the names of Sugar Jamison and Ginger Jamison. When she isn't juggling her split personalities, you can find her hanging out on social media or at www.sugarjamison.com.



Passion's hideaway

Ever since enduring a possibly career-ending injury, Miami superstar shortstop Carlos Bradley has retreated from the world. His life undergoes a radical makeover when he's convinced to hire a designer to restore his secluded island mansion to its former glory. Completely different from the women Carlos has known, interior decorator Virginia Andersen captivates him with her infectious spirit and the sensuality beneath her coolly professional demeanor. 

The owner of a struggling design firm, Virginia can't believe her new employer is a baseball legend. But Carlos wants more than just her expertise. And when he insists she move into his tropical getaway during the renovations, Virginia soon finds herself sharing the irresistible playboy's bed. But when the media descends, she's thrust into the limelight and her past becomes an open book. Is she ready to overcome her doubts to fight for a future with the man of her dreams?

INTERVIEW

What inspired your book?

It was last January and I was cold! I live in the Hudson Valley and by January I'm longing for white sand and warm weather. SURRENDER AT SUNSET takes place on a fictional island in the Florida Keys. I got to spend hours looking at beautiful beaches and oceanfront homes.

What would you like readers to take away from your book?

I would just like for readers to escape for a little while when they read this book. Sometimes escaping into a good book can make life a little less crazy.

Which character did you have the most fun writing about?

My heroine Virginia! She is spunky and fun and probably one of the bravest characters that I have ever written. She not afraid to take a risk and always follows her heart, even when the world tells her not to.

What did you learn while writing this book?

That I could write a book in a month. Some books take forever to write this one seemed to come together perfectly. It's a rare phenomenon that some writers call a "gift book." 

What are three things you wish you’d known before you reached where you are now?

There's nothing that I wish I would have known before. I don't think I would have changed anything. I don't have any regrets.

What advice would you offer to someone whose first book is about to be released?

Enjoy the ride. Don't worry so much about sales, or Amazon rankings or how your book compares to another author's. You only have one first book. Just be proud you of what you accomplished.

What’s the most interesting change in your life as a result of being a published author?

I've met so many lovely and kind writers who are always willing to offer advice and share their knowledge. It's nice to have so many wonderful friends.

What’s are your three favorite social media platforms and how are you using them for promotion?

Facebook and Pinterest are by far my favorite social media platforms. I feel the most connected with my readers through my Facebook fan page. I'm not just there to sell my books but to share little pieces of my life and I think readers prefer that instead of constantly sold to. I love Pinterest because I'm such a visual person and it helps me to conduct research and allows my followers to see the kinds of things I like. I also follow a lot of authors and they are a great inspiration to me. I'm on Twitter. It's not my favorite though. It feels too big to me.

Oprah always asks, what do you know for sure?

I know that I will always be an educator. I love to teach. Children, adults, animals... Everyone! I don't think I'll ever fully retire from the classroom.

Anything you'd like to say to the readers of SORMAG?


I'm happy to be here and I hope you always keep reading!

If you enjoyed this post, please consider becoming a member of SORMAG's community - Join Today

Do you need help with your promoting? - http://sormag.com/advertise.htm


No comments:

Welcome To SORMAG's Blog

About Me

My photo
I believe in promoting authors and their books. Let me introduce you and your books to online readers.

I'm also a happily married mother of three who's trying to break into the Christian writing field. The writing road can be rocky.

I’m available for:

Online promotion coaching
Lectures
Seminars
Freelancing
Contact me at:lchwriter@gmail.com

Serving Our Community 365 Days a Year!