Friday, April 19, 2019

FEATURED AUTHOR: Nana Prah





Nana Prah first discovered romance in a book from her eighth grade summer reading list and has been obsessed with it ever since. Her fascination with love inspired her to write in her favorite genre where happily-ever-after is the rule.

She is a published author of contemporary, multicultural romances. Her books are sweet with a touch of spice. When she’s not writing she’s reading, over-indulging in chocolate, and enjoying life with friends and family.

How can readers get in contact with you?




Doctor Comfort Djan is looking for salvation after a tragic accident, which takes her to deprived regions where her skills heal the helpless. Until fate thrusts her, a medic, on board a West African military coastal protection ship. Proving herself to the male-only crew is nothing compared to being near one intense naval officer who has her feeling something other than her survivor's guilt.

Commander Akin Solarin wants nothing more than to do his job, especially when his medic's temporary replacement turns out to be a disconcerting woman who pushes all his buttons. He runs a tight ship, and doesn't need captivating and efficient, yet aloof, Comfort around to keep his heart-rate in semi-permanent overdrive.

Neither can deny the attraction between them, but navigating uncharted personal waters may be the least of their problems when confronted with bold pirate attacks and other vicious unknown dangers onboard the frigate. And when Comfort's life gets on the line, Akin knows he will do anything to save his medic and heal her battered heart in the process.


What inspired your book?

My friend and now publisher, phenomenal author Kiru Taye, came to me with an idea for a romantic suspense with military heroes set in Africa. I took the fantastic idea and wrote up a storm (no pun intended). Healing His Medic was born and published by Love Africa Press.

What would you like readers to take away from your book?

Forgiveness is necessary in order to live a complete and fulfilling life. That the most important person we need to forgive when something happens is ourselves. And that no matter what a person has been through, no matter how much loss they have experienced, life goes on and it will be good again.

Which character did you have the most fun writing about?

Akin for sure. He’s a blatant alpha hero who makes no apologies for it. A true protector. A no nonsense man of power and strength. A leader with a reputation of expecting the best from and for his men. Yet he has this lighter, gentler side of him that Comfort has the capability of bringing out. I’m pretty sure I fell in love with Akin while writing the story. *Sigh*

 What advice would you offer to someone whose book is about to be released?

Start marketing early and have fun with it. Engage with people on social media, not always talking about your book, but make sure to do that also. Sign up with book promoting companies like SORMAG as one of your marketing strategies because they know how to get books into the spotlight. Go on blog or social media tours to get your book seen. The more people see your work, the more likely they are to purchase it.

What does literary success look like to you?

Basically it’s having people read and like my stories. Having fans who ask me when my next one is coming out because they can’t wait to read another Nana Prah romance. I’ll admit that making bestseller lists would also be awesome.

What has surprised you most about being a published author?

How much fun it is to write and have people read my work. Aside from backbreaking edits and rejections of all sorts, being a published author is a good time. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t sit around with a party hat and balloons surrounding me as I nibble on cake and chocolate with no weight gain while writing, but its an enjoyable experience.

What are three things you wish you’d known before you reached where you are now?

1.    Adverbs are not an author’s friend. It has to do with the show vs. tell aspect of writing. Since we’d prefer to show and have the reader see the scene in their mind, adverbs are not the way to go.
2.    No matter who publishes your work, you will still need to do some marketing. It’s inescapable.
3.    Other writers are awesome and are willing to help and guide you when you need it. All you need to do is ask.

What do you do to interact with your readers?

Mostly I make my presence known on social media. I’ll be the first to admit that I’m the best at it. I’m thrilled when a reader contacts me on one of my many social media platforms. Engaging with readers about my books is exhilarating.

What are your three favorite social media platforms and how are you using them for promotion?

1.    Blogging is my absolute favorite because it is so fluid. I can write posts that people will read and engage with or I can promote other authors’ books. The best part is that even if people come to just read the post, links to my books are everywhere and if they are interested, all it takes is a click to discover more.
2.    My Facebook author page (I rarely share book related things on my personal page because I don’t want to annoy my friends and family with things they didn’t sign up for) allows me to share about my books and what’s happening on my blog. I like how it allows for sharing.
3.    Instagram is my latest favorite. I just find it fun to share pictures and write cute captions. As I mentioned earlier, I don’t just post about my books. I show off that I’m a real person who likes all things chocolate, flowers that capture my attention, and anything that I think will be entertaining for people to know about me.

What are you reading this summer?

My TBR list is huge. I’m in love with Alyssa Cole’s Reluctant Royals series so whatever comes out between now and summer, I’ll definitely be reading. Delaney Diamond’s Princess of Zamibia is on the list. Seems to be a royalty theme going on with me. Empi Baryeh has a book coming out in March, Expecting Ty’s Baby that I can’t wait to get my hands on. Christina C. Jones has two books from her High Stakes Series sitting on my Kindle, ready and prepped for my reading pleasure. The list goes on and on.

When you're not writing, what do you like to do in your spare time?

Reading is at the top of the list. Going to the movies. Hanging out with friends and family. Seeing what’s going on in social media is addictive.

Oprah always asks, what do you know for sure?

That nothing is ever as difficult as it seems to be.

Can you give us a sneak peek of your next book?

Sure. I’m excited to announce that Ambitious Seduction, my last Harlequin Kimani romance is coming out on March 5th of this year. I’ve been paired with the amazing Chloe Blake whose story is A Taste of Passion.

Ambitious Seduction Blurb
Heir to his family’s international empire, Leonardo Astacio chose to make his name in the legal arena. Now he’s up for a partnership and must work with his competition, ambitious attorney Kamilla Gordon, to win their firm a deep-pocketed client. In Aspen, the simmering attraction they’ve been fighting boils over. But when they uncover corruption that reaches to the highest levels, can passionate rivals become lovers for life?



Anything you'd like to say to the readers of SORMAG?

Thank you so much for taking the time to get to know me through my interview. I hope it has inspired you to pick up a copy of Healing His Medic and all of my other books. LOL. I’m looking forward to linking up with you on social media sometime soon.





Join Our Community Today And Receive The Latest Issue Of SORMAG Digital - Join Today

Do you need help with your promoting? - http://bit.ly/SORMAGAD18


No comments:

Welcome To SORMAG's Blog

About Me

My photo
I believe in promoting authors and their books. Let me introduce you and your books to online readers.

I'm also a happily married mother of three who's trying to break into the Christian writing field. The writing road can be rocky.

I’m available for:

Online promotion coaching
Lectures
Seminars
Freelancing
Contact me at:lchwriter@gmail.com

Serving Our Community 365 Days a Year!