Wednesday, February 27, 2008

FEATURED AUTHOR: Linda Wattley


Please give the readers a brief bio on you the person and the writer.

My name is Linda Wattley, My heart felt desire is always doing the Will of God and seeking and experiencing truths that confirm me as His beloved daughter. I am widowed with two adult sons, Robert III and Marcus. And I have one granddaughter, Jaelynn. My life is fulfilled spending time with my mother, Jackie Bushner and enjoying my family. I live in Akron, Ohio and I work for ICWUC in their mailroom. My pleasures are enjoying companionship with my soul mate and outings with my friends. I love reading, writing, long walks in the park, movies, praying and meditating on the Word of God.

As a writer, I write because it is my calling. All that I share is a message from God. I will be the first to admit I am a writer who will always need an editor because when I write, my focus and drive is on delivering a message to the souls and hearts of readers. It is like having tunnel vision. Once I sit down and start keying, everything that unfolds is fresh off the press in my mind and heart. I love when God inspires me to write because it lets me know I am not alone in this world and the spirit world is real and finds it way through me to reach the world. There just isn’t anything like it.

Tell us about your current book?

Actually, my current book is the presentation of my “Healing Trilogy” consisting of “Something about an Angel”, “Deeper than Love” and “This Thing Called Love” which reveals the human developmental stages of becoming adults in a world that undermines love. In the beginning we mimic life and then we take that out into the world leaving us eventually to face who and what we are. In the end, we need to know God to get to best of our human existence.

What would you like your readers to take away from your book?



I would love for my readers to experience spiritual and soulful renewal. To be able to shed off the self the world introduces us to be and put on the best self that God has made each one of us to be. My work is designed to introduce, awaken, re-establish and establish foundations for love to thrive upon in a world denouncing it because it knows the real meaning of love is God manifestation in the flesh. If I can let a brokenhearted soul who has given up on love, joy, wholeness and happiness to take the step to begin again, then my labor is not in vain. It is about love and knowing how wonderfully made God made each one of us.

Are you a morning writer or a night writer?


I am definitely a night writer. Basically, I am a night person who thrives best during hours beginning around 11:00p.m. That time of night it seems the world is less active allowing for me to sense my inner spirit in all matters to my life. I think, write and meditate better during this time.

What aspect of writing do you love the best, and which do you hate the most?

I love the inspirational aspect of it the most. Knowing the spirit is whispering in your ear and mind is a beautiful experience. To come up with hate is a little tough but I will try (smile). I guess I hate some of the requirements expected by publishers and agents to give your work value. They seem to want to box you in to their mindsets that do not allow unique thought processes to reach the masses.

What’s something you wish you’d known earlier that might have saved you some time/frustration in the publishing business?

I wish I had known that entering the literary world that it is not just about self-expression, gifts and talents, sharing goodness, like any other profession, corruption is possible.

What’s the most interesting change in your life as a result of being a published author?

I have met some wonderful people along the way.

How much marketing do you do? What have you found that particularly works well for you?

Right now, I am in the process of rebuilding my foundation after taking a dive over a year ago in my pursuit of my dreams. Beginning right here with your magazine is actually my first start officially coming back on the scene. While rebuilding, I kept my name out there by doing blogs and remaining active with writers’ groups. Eventually, I will seek professional guidance to what is best for reaching the multitude with my message. I do have a publicist that has been very patient with me as I rebuild my foundation. For sure, I will not be jumping.

What one thing about writing do you wish other non-writers would understand?

I would like for non-writers to understand there are all kinds of writers out here and they all write for different reasons. God has writers who can bless your life if you let them.

Name your top five favorite writing books.

I do not have five but I do have a Two: “Publish & Market your Christian Book”- Tamika Johnson-Hall, “How to Self-Publish that Great Novel without Going Nuts”- Delores Thornton

What do you do to make time for yourself?

I come home and stay out of the mainstream of life as much as possible. I keep my life as simple as possible. When things are in order, there is time to do things you like and enjoy.

This month our theme is Black History. What are you doing to celebrate Black History?

I plan to listen to speeches of Martin Luther King, Jr. and pray that we come to realize we need to identify ourselves as amazing people.

How can readers get in contact with you? (mail, email, website)

I can be reached at universalove26@yahoo.com and my guestbook at http://www.lindawattley.com/.

No comments:

Welcome To SORMAG's Blog

About Me

My photo
I believe in promoting authors and their books. Let me introduce you and your books to online readers.

I'm also a happily married mother of three who's trying to break into the Christian writing field. The writing road can be rocky.

I’m available for:

Online promotion coaching
Lectures
Seminars
Freelancing
Contact me at:lchwriter@gmail.com

Serving Our Community 365 Days a Year!