Monday, August 09, 2010

FEATURED AUTHOR: Deborah Hall-Branch



In 1997, Deborah was called to HINDS’ Feet Ministries, Productions & PWC, Inc. where she was personally mentored for ministry by Prophetess Rachel L. Harris. One of Deborah’s first assignments was to bear arms, serve as confident, and personal assistant to her leader. Two years later, October 31, 1999, Deborah was consecrated to the call of Prophetess and Teacher.

Deborah is an anointed woman of God who is gifted with several spiritual gifts and is enabled by the Holy Ghost to bring fresh utterance of truth from the Word of God with revelation. Through her steadfast intercessory prayer, she intrudes on the bowels of hell, commanding the demonic forces and principalities to release God’s people from its torments and bondages, snatching the souls who have yet received Christ as their Lord and Savior by way of introducing them to His sovereignty through the taught Word.

Deborah is the mother of two adult daughters, Ms. Desiree Rodgers and Ms. Tina D. Rodgers; and Mom-Mom to three handsome grandsons, Shaquill T. Smith, Nafiec A. Werts, and Caleb T. Felton. Deborah and her husband of fourteen years now reside in Atlanta, Georgia.

Through the Eyes of Abuse

What can be more painful than abuse? Through the Eyes of Abuse is a book that will nurture your heart and feed your soul. The story and message will help you find forgiveness through a loving, healing God who knows and understands the depths of your pain for He remembers every tear that you’ve shed.

The author illustrates how to gain a godly persistence to survive, find freedom for the future, and eventually live a healthy, vibrant life. This is the story of a woman who suffered much and tells of her abuse. She relates the agony and distrust she suffered for many years until she at long last found deliverance from a painful bondage.

Abuse opens the world to demonic forces so powerful that they can disintegrate families. Inspired by faith in a loving God, this book is filled with compassion for those who suffer heartache and pain, and offers a course of action so that the hurting will find a long awaited healthy place through Jesus Christ. Through the Eyes of abuse will impart to wounded souls forgiveness, healing, and redemption.

How did you start out your writing career?

How did I start out my writing career? Now and then I’d daydream about standing before huge audiences reading my stories to them. Not seeing myself as “author” material, I abandoned the whole idea of ever getting published along with my one and only manuscript. At last, one semester while taking a theological course I met this very remarkable lady who for some reason always sat in back by our classroom door … Let me tell you, there’s an exciting conclusion to that mind-blowing encounter! Of course, you’ll have to purchase the book to find out how it not only changed my whole life; it also began my writing career.

What did you learn while writing this book?

Although it can make one feel victimized all over again, I learned how vital forgiveness was for my life. It helped me write my book from a truthful unchained heart.

What did you hope to accomplish with this book?

A quote from my book, “Hurting people don’t need sympathizers; they need rescuers.” What I hoped to accomplish with this book was to use it as a modern-day rescue package for all victims no matter their nationality, age, gender. To change the fearful night sounds of familiar footsteps, cracking bedroom doors, whispered threats into angelic sonnets, songs, and melodic ballads. Mostly, introduce the God that heals.

What is the toughest test you’ve faced as a writer?

The toughest test I’ve faced as a writer. OMG, writing the book proposal! Beyond doubt, my perseverance was tested. It gave me a serious headache. Wow! I get chills even now when I think about it. Wonder if they’ll (publishing house) let me get away with not doing one for the next book?

If you had the opportunity to talk with three writers, who would you choose and why?

My first choice, Bishop T. D. Jakes, God has so liberally gifted him not only as a Shepherd, husband, father, orator, but also an excellent writer. I would love to sit down and talk with him. Second the phenomenal Jacquelin Thomas, I so admire her for answering the call to write Christian fiction. She has a sincere passion to glorify God through her gifting while it touches each reader’s heart. I can’t wait to read “Samson.” Last but not least, the horror literary movie genius himself, Mr. Stephen King. His ability to write in several different genres including comics fascinates me.

What are three things you wish you’d known before you reached where you are now?

A few years ago I probably would have said, “Writing an effective book proposal, marketing, promotions.” Today, my response is “absolutely nothing.” Great writers are perfected through their experiences. Had I known ahead of time about the hard work, revisions, getting back on the saddle after each rejection letter I probably would have aborted a great and powerful story.

Can you give us one do and one don’t for those aspiring to be a writer?

Every published author knows how hard it can become towards reaching your goal. DO daily negate doubt. It must never be allowed to exist in your goal. “DON’T” accept the first rejection letter as a failure, and a reason to quit. There may be more to come. Instead, let them dictate where you need to sharpen up your skills.

I borrowed this question from Author Carleene Brice, What is your author fantasy?

My author fantasy is one day winning the Noble Prize for Literature. Hey, why not?

What one thing about writing do you wish other non-writers would understand?

To get your novel published is a process that doesn’t happen over night or, from a visit to Kinko’s.

As easy as it may appear to be, like labor it’s hard work. Only until you hold that little bundle of joy (your printed book) in your hands do you forget all about the labor pains.

What was the best advice you’d ever gotten about the publishing industry?

The worst? The best advice, invest in my success by writing a quality novel. Learn the business.

The worst, publishing houses have enough books on abuse already. It probably would be in my best interest to write about something else. Boy was that person wrong!

If you could visit any place in the world where would you travel to?

It’s always been my hearts desire to visit Lausanne Switzerland and experience the country’s historic beauty, culture, and cuisine.

What is something readers would be surprised you do?

That I’m a vocalist with a smooth soprano voice.

Our theme for this month is STAYING OUT OF THE SLUSH PILE?

What advice would you give someone to make sure their manuscript stays out of the slush pile? Follow all submission instructions. Read the guidelines. Your most important sentence is the first one. Boring, lifeless, redundant manuscripts will beyond doubt find their way into the slush pile. Correct formatting is important. Check your grammar, punctuation. Do not send your manuscript printed on scented or colored paper.

Oprah always asks, “What do you know for sure?”

I know for sure the novels, messages inside of me are meant to be written, published, and read.

Can you give us a sneak peek of your next book?

Well, let’s see. I can tell you it will be a spine tingling Christian Suspense Novel. Sorry, that’s all I can share right now.

How can readers get in contact with you?

Readers may contact me at deborahbranch@att.net, or by snail mail - P.O. Box 2282, Jonesboro, GA 30237. And, there’s always my website: http://www.deborahhbranch.com/
.


If you enjoyed this post, please consider becoming a member of SORMAG's community - Join Today

1 comment:

LaShaunda said...

Deborah,

Thank you so much for being our featured author today. I wish you many blessings on your new journey.

Welcome To SORMAG's Blog

About Me

My photo
I believe in promoting authors and their books. Let me introduce you and your books to online readers.

I'm also a happily married mother of three who's trying to break into the Christian writing field. The writing road can be rocky.

I’m available for:

Online promotion coaching
Lectures
Seminars
Freelancing
Contact me at:lchwriter@gmail.com

Serving Our Community 365 Days a Year!