Tuesday, February 22, 2011
COLUMNIST: Are You On The Net
Online Promotion Plan
For the next few months this column will be dedicated to the newly published author. It will offer tips to help you promote your new book.
I can’t promise you a bestselling book, but I can promise you ways to get your name and book in front of readers.
As a new writer your time is very precious so you don’t want to wait to the last minute to try to come up with a promotion plan. I suggest you start planning six months before the release. This will give you a chance to do a little at a time and you won’t feel overwhelmed.
Take a moment to answer these questions and you will be on your way to creating your online promotion plan.
1. Is your book release or information about your book included in your email signature?
2. Do you own a site or blog?
3. Have you researched the sites/blogs that promote your genre?
4. Have you made of list of sites/blogs to introduce yourself to?
5. Have you written your introduction letter?
6. Have you sent out your letters to the sites/blogs?
7. Have you researched the online radio shows that promote your genre?
8. Have you created your list of online radio shows you want to be on?
9. Have you sent out your letters to the online radio shows?
10. Have you created at least five articles that focus on your books’ theme?
11. Have you researched forums that promote your genre?
12. Have you created your list of forums you want to be on?
13. Have you sent out letters to the forums?
14. Have you researched the online book clubs?
15. Have you created a list of online book clubs that promote your genre?
16. Have you sent out letters of intro?
17. Have you scheduled chats or skype chats?
18. Have you researched the online magazines that promote your genre?
19. Have you created a list of online magazines you want to be featured in?
20. Have you requested interviews from these magazines?
21. Have you researched their advertisement prices?
22. Have you created a budget for your online promotion?
23. Have you scheduled your online advertisement?
24. Have you decided if you would do a blog tour?
25. If yes, have you set up the blog tour?
Next month we will break down these questions to get you started on creating your plan.
Can’t wait to next month, contact me –email@example.com I’m available for private online promotion coaching.
I’ll see you on the net.
LaShaunda C. Hoffman
LaShaunda is the creator of SORMAG – Shades Of Romance Magazine. She has 11 years of experience on online promotion, most she learned from trial and error. She has taught workshops on online promotion and is available for private online promotion coaching.
If you enjoyed this post, please consider becoming a member of SORMAG's community - Join Today
Do you need help with your promoting? - http://sormag.com/advertise.htm
- I believe in promoting authors and their books. Let me introduce you and your books to online readers.
I'm also a happily married mother of three who's trying to break into the Christian writing field. The writing road can be rocky.
I’m available for:
Online promotion coaching
Contact me at:firstname.lastname@example.org