Thursday, March 01, 2012

FEATURED AUTHOR: Anna Black


Now You Wanna Come Back 2: Still Tryin’ 2 Get Back 

Rayshon and Leila are expecting again, but things are short from being perfect. After struggling for two years to keep the doors of Leila’s Books open, she had to let it go and the stress was too much for her to handle. Rayshon, her normal comfort became consumed with work and Devon was free to come to Leila’s rescue. In efforts to console Leila, their relationship becomes too close for comfort and it drives a wedge between Leila and Rayshon’s marriage. In midst of all the trouble at home, Rayshon questions his trust in Leila and Karen a fling from Rayshon’s past is waiting in the wings to comfort him. Blinded by Karen’s determination to win him over, Rayshon is accused of fathering her unborn child; making it more difficult for him to win Leila back. Will Devon and Leila rekindle their love, and leave Rayshon out in the cold, or will Leila and Rayshon’s marriage survive the drama of Devin, Leila’s ex and Karen, Rayshon’s ex. Both—still trying to come back.

Book Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8RisyTm6H4




Talented and inspiring is the best way to describe this Chicago Native. Now You Wanna Come Back is her debut novel and it has done its duty to deliver a page turning introduction for Anna. She has showed herself to be ready for the literary world with her first release and her second novel Luck of the Draw is holding its own. Her love for writing began about ten years ago with poems and short stories and now she is ready to wow readers with her page turning plots, while she gives readers stories that will make them laugh, maybe cry, but definitely reflect. This new authoress is here to make a mark in the literary world, so readers get ready. She currently lives in Texas with her husband Chris and her daughter Tyra and it is her pleasure to share her written words with you.


How did you start out your writing career? 

About twelve years ago, I started writing, but didn't become published until 2008.

What did you learn while writing this book?

It wasn't much to learn while writing the book. I learned after writing the book that selling your book wasn't as easy as I thought it would be.

What did you hope to accomplish with this book?

To be successful of course and becoming a best selling author. I want my book(s) to be read and enjoyed by every person that enjoys urban romance.

What came first with this story, the characters or the plot? Why?

The plot ... I knew what stories I wanted to tell and after I sat down and do an outline of my stories, I come up with my characters.

What has surprised you most about becoming a published author?

Wow, the positive response from readers. To get emails and reviews with people saying just how much they loved someting I wrote is so amazing. It certified for me that I'm really what I thought I was, a great writer.

What aspect of writing do you love the best, and which do you hate the most?

I love sitting down to start a new novel and watching my characters develop as I go. I love putting it out and anxiously waiting for that first review. What I hate is having to push so hard for a reader that has never heard of me to just try one book, but it comes with the territory.

What are three things you wish you’d known before you reached where you are now? 

I don't really have three things, because it just sorta worked out for me. I met my publisher fairly early in the game, so I didn't have many obstacles. I have learned a lot since I've been published, but I didn't have any horrible experiences prior to becoming published but one. That was signing with a small company that went out of business less than two months after my first book released.

Can you give us one do and one don’t for those aspiring to be a writer?

One do is to get a professional editor. One don't is to not edit your own work. It is impossible to edit your own book even if you are a professional editor.


What one thing about writing do you wish other non-writers would understand? 

Wow, that is a good question. I'd like for non-writers to understand that there is nothing new under the sun, so storylines may be familiar or even sometimes a little predictable, but every book is told from that authors character point of view. I hate to hear people say, "that was predictable," because it usually is. I write romance and romance is what it is, 'boy meets girl, boy and girl fall in love, boy and girl have issues, then boy and girl either make it through or have love loss.' As long as you enjoyed the way the story was told, is what counts not if you saw the plot a mile away. If you want suspense, read a suspense novel.

Tell us something few know about you? 

Well there is nothing that most don't know about me. I am honestly an open book since I've been a published author. I think because the genre that I write sometimes and the content in my books would lead some to think that I'm not as spiritual as I am. I think some may not know how important my walk with Christ is other than that, there is nothing I can think of.

When you're not writing, what do you like to do in your spare time?

Read and spend time with my family. I love to cook and when my husband is not overseas working, we spend a lot of time kicked back on the sofa or playing dominos.

What do you do to interact with your readers?

Well I use a lot of the outlets the internet offer like Facebook, Twitter and email. I also do meet and greets with book clubs and now I'm starting to do meet and greets via Skype, to be able to talk to readers.

Our theme for this issue is Resources On The Net. What resources on the net have been helpful in your writing?

Facebook for sure. I meet a lot of readers there. Twitter has been a promotional resource and I'd like to get into blogging, but I haven't done that yet.

Who was the first author you ever met?

In person it was E. Lynn Harris a few years back in Austin.

Oprah always asks, What do you know for sure?

I know for sure that God is always in control and my level of success in anything is the level that he bless me with. Nothing is by my hands, but by the grace of God, therefore I am always grateful.


Can you give us a sneak peek of your next book?

My next book will be Who Do I Run To Now? That is scheduled to release in April 2012. I will give you an inside peek at the plot because it is a sequel to Who Do I Run To? so I don't want to ruin the ending for part one for those who have not read it yet. My main character Janiece Hawkins found herself involved with married man K.P. for five years and when she decides to move on with a new man, Isaiah Lawton, K.P. decides it was time to leave his wife Kimberly to make a future with Janiece. She struggles through the entire book trying to decide if she should stay with K.P. who has been in her heart forever or to move on with her new love interest Isaiah, who is all the man she desires without the baggage and drama she has with K.P.. She makes her decision and then in the sequel she finds herself being caught up in the very same scenario with the same two men, when unforseen circumstances arrives with the one she chose in part 1. With history repeating itself, Janiece has to decide again if she wants to spend the rest of her life with K.P. or Isaiah both still in love with her and both still fighting hard to win her over. Who will Janiece Run To Now, is the ultimate question because this time is forever.

How can readers get in contact with you? (mail, email, website)

Email is annablackreaders@ymail.com, website is www.annablack.net, publishers website is www.delphinepublications.com and always on Facebook and Twitter.



If you enjoyed this post, please consider becoming a member of SORMAG's community - Join Today

Do you need help with your promoting? - http://sormag.com/advertise.htm

No comments:

Welcome To SORMAG's Blog

About Me

My photo
I believe in promoting authors and their books. Let me introduce you and your books to online readers.

I'm also a happily married mother of three who's trying to break into the Christian writing field. The writing road can be rocky.

I’m available for:

Online promotion coaching
Lectures
Seminars
Freelancing
Contact me at:lchwriter@gmail.com

Serving Our Community 365 Days a Year!