Monday, June 25, 2012

FEATURED AUTHOR: Queen Brown

Queen Brown was born and raised in Pacoima, CA. She now resides in Lancaster, CA. with her teenage son and young daughter. She enjoys writing, singing, movies, reading and spending quality time with her family. She works with the mentally and physically handicapped and it has been her occupation for over 5 years. She was inspired to write the Darker the Berry the Deeper the Roots as therapy to help overcome her troubled childhood. Queen Brown s passion for storytelling shows in her writing. Her aim is to inspire people who have gone through or who are going through similar situations to have faith and stay strong so that they too can make it out of the darkness she has fought her way through. Queen Brown can be reached at queen.brown@gmail.com

How did you start out your writing career?

I've always had a passion for writing, poetry and song lyrics were my thing. A friend of mines encouraged me years ago to write a book because I always had some drama to tell him eveytime he came over! I sat down at my laptop one day, and I let the words in my head flow. I now have a finshed product that I'm proud of.

What did you learn while writing this book?

I learned story and character development as well as what a lot of readers want now and that's drama!


What did you hope to accomplish with this book?

I hoped and still hope to touch the lives of many who are or have gone through similar situations as Ebony (the main character in my book) has. I would like to inspire them to keep faith & determination high in their lives. You can make it if you really want to.

What came first with this story, the characters or the plot? Why?

The plot because I've taken some of my life experiences as well as the people around me and incorporated it into a book with a twist.

What has surprised you most about becoming a published author?

I am surprised to have so many supportive readers! I am definitely both grateful & humbled.

What aspect of writing do you love the best, and which do you hate the most?

I love the writing aspect of it all because I enjoy being creative. I hate the editing aspect only because I have no patience! Lol I'm learning though.

What are three things you wish you’d known before you reached where you are now?

1. How to promote on a wider scale.

2.How to shorten chapters.

3.How to target a specific audience.

Can you give us one do and one don’t for those aspiring to be a writer?

Do your research before leaping in!

Don't ever settle for less than the best when it comes to your manuscript. It is your baby, treat it as such.

What one thing about writing do you wish other non-writers would understand?

That it is a process, I cannot have it all figured out over night. It takes lot's of creativity, consistency, hard work, courage and most importantly, faith.

Tell us something few know about you?

I am one of the goofiest people you'll ever meet, I love being silly sometimes! It's good for the soul.

When you're not writing, what do you like to do in your spare time?

Quality time with the kiddies, read, shop, movies, karaokee and poetry lounges.

What do you do to interact with your readers?

I love live conversation and feedback! I also join in on other book discussions etc.

Our theme for this month is INDEPENDENT PUBLISHERS. Have you ever considered self publishing your work? Why or Why not?. If you are a independent publishers, can you offer some tips for taking this journey.

I am an independent publisher. I would say do your homework thoroughly, check for the pros and cons, get feedback and advice from other independent authors. Check out infinitesourcepublishing.com as well.

Who was the first author you ever met?

The first author I ever met is Diallo Frazier author of Hood Hieroglyphics & Revelations of a Warrior.

Oprah always asks, what do you know for sure?

The Most High is definitely all over this experience! I'm blessed.

Can you give us a sneak peek of your next book?

I can't give a sneak peek just yet, it's still a work in progress. I can assure you though that you won't be disappointed!

How can readers get in contact with you? (mail, email, website)

Queenbrownwrites.com
Queen.brown@gmail.com
Queen.brown@infinitesourcepublishing.com
Facebook.com/Ms.Queen.Brown
Twitter.com/queenbrownwrite


Facing diversity from every angle, Ebony experienced and witnessed things no child should. With a crack addicted mother, an incarcerated father and a devoutly Christian grandmother—whose disdain for her could not go unnoticed—there was never anyone to protect her. From sexual and physical abuse to rape and spousal abuse as an adult, Ebony has endured too much pain for far too many years. After narrowly escaping an abusive boyfriend, protecting her son and getting her life on track is her main priority. Will Ebony find happiness and the peace she deserves or will she remain a victim of her past?

Let Ebony take you on her journey to mental freedom.



If you enjoyed this post, please consider becoming a member of SORMAG's community - Join Today

Do you need help with your promoting? - http://sormag.com/advertise.htm

1 comment:

Queen Brown said...

Thank you for reading my dear! I appreciate it:)

Welcome To SORMAG's Blog

About Me

My photo
I believe in promoting authors and their books. Let me introduce you and your books to online readers.

I'm also a happily married mother of three who's trying to break into the Christian writing field. The writing road can be rocky.

I’m available for:

Online promotion coaching
Lectures
Seminars
Freelancing
Contact me at:lchwriter@gmail.com

Serving Our Community 365 Days a Year!