Friday, March 04, 2016

FEATURED AUTHOR: Lindsay Evans








Born in Jamaica, Lindsay Evans currently lives and writes in Atlanta, GA. A writer of sensual love stories and decadent erotica, she loves good food and romance and would happily travel to the ends of the earth for both. Find out more at www.LindsayEvansWrites.com.

How can readers get in contact with you?

LindsayEvansXOX@gmail.com
www.LindsayEvansWrites.com
P O Box 686, Avondale Estates GA 30002




A winning bid at a silent auction gets Mella Davis more than just complimentary services from landscape architect Victor Raphael. It sparks an instantaneous attraction to the brooding bachelor that takes her completely by surprise. Stern and tightly wound on the surface, irresistibly masculine underneath, he's a challenge to her single-and-loving-it status and to the heart she's learned to protect. And still, she can't help giving in. 

Ever since love burned him in the past, nothing has cracked Victor's calm control. Then he glimpses carefree, vivacious Mella at a Miami charity event. Uninhibited days and sensual nights follow as she brings warmth and desire back to his world, until doubt wrenches them apart. Opposites attract, but can they also overcome their differences and sow the seeds to thrilling and lasting love?

What inspired your book? 

A trip to Philly and a bachelor auction inspired the story for Untamed Love. My initial idea was for Mella to win a date with Victor and twist him in all sorts of knots, both literal and metaphorical. The story grew and morphed from there.

What would you like readers to take away from your book? 

That there's nothing wrong with taking a chance in love, or in life.

Which character did you have the most fun writing about?

I had a LOT of fun writing Mella, my heroine. She's free spirited in a way that is very familiar to me. She's fun and sexually liberated and loves life. But there were unfamiliar parts to her too. While I was writing her, she wanted to take charge of the storyline and run full steam ahead into every adventure, every encounter. It was like sitting inside a hurricane and watching it twist and turn over a wild ocean. I never really knew what she was going to do and that unpredictability meant Victor had no idea either.

What did you learn while writing this book? 

I learned that opposites definitely attract, but also sometimes they need to be careful because of the capacity to misunderstand and therefore hurt each other.

What are three things you wish you’d known before you reached where you are now? 

I wish I'd been less concerned with amassing debt. There are some experiences - life changing ones - I could have had if I'd ignored cost. I wish I'd known how to market my work better. And I wish I'd known the negative value of "enduring."

What advice would you offer to someone whose first book is about to be released? 

I'd say Don't stop marketing! It can be exhausting but well worth it.

What’s the most interesting change in your life as a result of being a published author? 

I'd say the most interesting change is my hunger to be on the NYT best seller list. Now I want it BAD!

What are your three favorite social media platforms and how are you using them for promotion? 

My favorites are the usual: Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr. I update Facebook and Twitter daily but could always do more on Tumblr, especially when it comes to hosting contests and things like that.

Oprah always asks, what do you know for sure?

I know I'm happy.

Anything you'd like to say to the readers of SORMAG? 

Thank you for reading my interview, and thanks in advance if you decide to check out my books. Be happy and be the best you possible!


If you enjoyed this post, please consider becoming a member of SORMAG's community - Join Today

Do you need help with your promoting? - http://sormag.com/advertise.htm


No comments:

Welcome To SORMAG's Blog

About Me

My photo
I believe in promoting authors and their books. Let me introduce you and your books to online readers.

I'm also a happily married mother of three who's trying to break into the Christian writing field. The writing road can be rocky.

I’m available for:

Online promotion coaching
Lectures
Seminars
Freelancing
Contact me at:lchwriter@gmail.com

Serving Our Community 365 Days a Year!