Thursday, March 10, 2016

FEATURED AUTHOR: Tara L. Thompson


Tara L. Thompson has always had a passion for writing and knew that this was her calling. She began her journey as a writer at a very young age writing poems and sharing them with family and friends. Her first published poem was on the back of her grandmother’s obituary. In that poem, she shared her love and loss for her grandmother.

Tara’s debut novel, Before I Say I Do, released in the spring of 2014, has been well received by readers. Although her novels are fiction, her roles as a daughter, sister, mother, and friend are reflected throughout her work. Her experience as a preacher’s daughter also contributes to the church drama seen in her novels. Tara’s second novel, Divided Souls, a gripping tale of how lies and deceit can destroy a family, was released October 10, 2015.

Tara resides in South Carolina and when she is not writing she enjoys spending time with her daughter, Sydney.




After four years of marriage, life is not the fairytale Rachel Simms Perkins had envisioned for herself and her husband, Corey. She constantly fantasizes about Terrence Walker, the man she was enamored with before her wedding. As her marriage is spiraling out of control, Rachel questions if she said I Do to the right man or missed out on the love of her life. 

Corey Perkins wants nothing more than to love and cherish his wife, Rachel, but one secret will not allow him to live the peaceful life that he desires. When his deception starts to catch up with him, will he finally tell Rachel the truth, knowing that his marriage will never survive?

Daryl Simms has it all; a successful career and a beautiful fiancée. But when a familiar person comes into his life, the demons that he has tried to conceal resurface. Will he be able to fight the spirits or will he succumb to their powers?


For years, deceit and lies have festered in the Simms family. Pastor Simms preaches that the truth will set you free, but will it destroy his family instead? One fatal accident exposes shocking secrets that will change lives forever. 

What inspired your book?

A lot of things inspired my book but I would have to say the biggest would be my life experiences. As a preacher’s daughter I had a slightly different upbringing than most. I was privy to a lot of things that happened in the church and I use those experiences in my novels. Even though they are fictional, my experiences along with friends and families experiences and my imagination brought Divided Souls to life. Also there is nothing more entertaining than church drama.

What would you like readers to take away from your book?

I would like my readers to be entertained but at the same time relate to the book. I want to create an escape for them from their real life stresses and everyday problems. My books will always have an underlying message. I want my readers to walk away from my books with a sense of having enjoyed a book and knowing whatever you are going through it could always be worse. There is always some element of God in my books.

Which character did you have the most fun writing about?

I enjoyed each character in Divided Souls but my favorite was Daryl. Daryl was so ridden with secrets that at one time during the book he tried to take his life. I had to dig deep for his emotions. And it was a lot of fun writing for a male character.

What did you learn while writing this book?

While writing this book I learned a lot about myself as far as identifying with some of my characters. I also learned how much I had changed from my debut novel, Before I Say I Do to this novel. I explored topics that some authors stay away from but I did it in a way not to offend but enlighten.

What are three things you wish you’d known before you reached where you are now?

Three things I wish I had known are the advantage of utilizing different promotion platforms, the amount of time and money used to self-publish, and knowing your target audience in advance.

What advice would you offer to someone whose first book is about to be released?

I would tell them to get the best editors possible. If you self-publish make sure you have money for a great editor. Your book represents you and you want to always put your best work out there. If you are working with a publisher I would advise them to always push and promote your book. Never rely on anyone else to do that for you.

What’s the most interesting change in your life as a result of being a published author?

The most interesting change would be to have strangers come up to me and let me know they enjoyed my book. I am from a small town and the amount of support that has been given is nothing short of amazing to me. This motivates me to keep going and living my dream.

What are your three favorite social media platforms and how are you using them for promotion? 

My favorite three would have to be facebook, twitter, and Instagram.

Oprah always asks, what do you know for sure?

I know for sure that I was created to write. Writing is my gift and passion from God and as long as I am living I will continue to fulfil my purpose for being here.

Anything you'd like to say to the readers of SORMAG? 

would like to thank the readers of SORMAG for taking the time to find out about me and also encourage them to give new authors a try. My goal is to get my work in front of as many readers as I can. I promise to always give my readers the very best of me and my work.


If you enjoyed this post, please consider becoming a member of SORMAG's community - Join Today

Do you need help with your promoting? - http://sormag.com/advertise.htm


No comments:

Welcome To SORMAG's Blog

About Me

My photo
I believe in promoting authors and their books. Let me introduce you and your books to online readers.

I'm also a happily married mother of three who's trying to break into the Christian writing field. The writing road can be rocky.

I’m available for:

Online promotion coaching
Lectures
Seminars
Freelancing
Contact me at:lchwriter@gmail.com

Serving Our Community 365 Days a Year!