Friday, February 28, 2020

FEATURED AUTHOR: Tiffany Latoya Gilbert





My Name is Tiffany Latoya Gilbert, born and raised in the heart of Detroit Michigan on the Eastside to my wonderful parents Martha Mathews and Leroy Taylor. I am the youngest out of all of my sibling, I have two sisters and one brother, Lisa Leflore, Elizabeth Daniels and Kevin Mathews. I am 35 years old I was born August 1 1984, I married my husband Deshawn Gilbert May 2012 we currently have no children but suffered an early miscarriage in June of 2018.

I went to Detroit public schools starting with Goodale Elementary, then Dorothy Fisher Middle school and later graduated from Edwin Denby Tech and Prep high school in 2002, in 2014 I received my Associates in Health Care Administration from University of Phoenix and have only eight classes before I have my bachelors in Health Care Administration.

I started my writing career in 2009 writing has always been a passion of mines, writing has always been an escape for me I always wrote while I was growing up I started off with poems and later I wanted to become and author so I started writing my first book in 2009. 

Writing has been a journey it has its ups and downs, trails and tribulations but through God I have managed and overcome everything the devil has threw my way. I was signed to two publishers previous before starting my own company in 2018 Called Bad Girl Publishing I have a few talented authors under my belt looking to grow with more. I have poured my blood, sweat and tears into my company and my writing, I hope for many supporters to support me and understand my style of writing. I hope that all my supporters enjoy my books I am in the process of taking them down and redoing them completely with editing. I currently have 17 books on amazon so many to name my latest drop was Saved And Filled With The Holy Spirit. 

To be an author is a blessing and when I started my company, I wanted to give other authors the chance to be an author. I didn’t do it for the money, I did it because I love writing.  My company is based on family, love, loyalty and support. I just want others to be happy at what they do just like I am.  Thank you to all my supporters God bless everyone.

How can readers get in contact with you?

BadGirlPublishing2018@gmail.com, Im working on a website

Tell us about your manuscript to published author journey.

My  Manuscript to published author journey was a long one, with this book I didn’t know if I want to release it didn’t think it was long enough or good enough.

What inspired your book?

What inspired this book was there are young woman who are struggling with doing the right things in life and living life as they see it which is the fast life. This book was an eye opener not only to me but should be to other women as well.

What did you learn while writing this book?

I learned about myself as a woman I can only be me and who God wants me to be, I learned that every blessing that God has for me is not for everyone. I have to take what God gives me and do what he needs me to do to serve my greater purpose in this thing we call life.

What did you hope to accomplish with this book?

I hope to reach other women who may be going through the same problems as Sasha scared to live the right life instead of the wrong one.

What would you like readers to take away from your book?

I would want readers to take with them at the end of this book be who you are be who God intended for you to be follow in God’s footsteps, because everything that God has to offer for you is not for everyone.

Which character did you have the most fun writing about?

I had fun with all of my characters because this book was so hard to write not many curse words not my usual writing so each character, I wrote about I had fun with.

What do you believe makes your stories stand out?

I believe what makes this story stand out is the fact that it’s not my original way of writing, I really write urban books so this was a challenge.

What are three things you wish you’d known before you reached where you are now?

One: what it really took to be an author.

Two: the writing world how it could chew you up and spit you out.

Three: how to just show support and keep it moving everybody is not for you.



How do you find balance with your writing and life?

Finding balance with my writing is hard because I work a full time job Monday through Friday, I am a wife first, I have a clothing company I am starting up and other things as well I do nails in my spare time. I try to balance both of them because it takes money to make money and my writing career is going to take me somewhere and make me bigger than who I am today.

How do you stay consistent with your book promotion?

I have really slacked in that department because so many people pages are being blocked and so much is happening in the book world I just try to get in where I fit in I have been blocked before.

Can you give us one do and one don't for those aspiring to be an author?

One do is make sure you put your all into your writing because nobody will do it if you don’t. One don’t is don’t be so trusting with everyone in the writing world everybody is not for you there are scammers.

What advice would you offer to someone whose first book is about to be released?

Promote your book, put your all into your book, make sure you build up an audience before your release. Talk to your readers.

What’s are your favorite social media platforms and how are you using them for promotion?

Different groups but you can’t really promote like that too many people being blocked so word of the mouth.

What three literary events would you recommend a writer in your genre attend?

I am having my first author book brunch in July 2020 in Detroit Mi and I plan to do it yearly in different states so mines for sure and Sormag has a good one that I follow as well.

What’s the most interesting change in your life as a result of being a published author? 

Being noticed for my books, being able to write anything I put my mind too.

What about writing do you wish non writers would understand? 

Writing may seem easy but it’s not it comes with a lot, we as authors go through a lot when writing. 



How do you make time for writing? 

In my spare time in the afternoons after work, or my weekends off, or vacations.

When you're not writing, what do you like to do in your spare time?

I love reading books, I am always writing, I do nails, I shop I love going to Starbucks.

Oprah always asks, what do you know for sure?

I know for sure that one day Tyler Perry is going to contact me I am taking those steps to make sure I get noticed I want to do short films, plays and movies.

Any last words for our readers?

I hope you enjoy my books and if you have any questions, I am an open book you can contact me and ask me anything if you know anybody who wants a writing career send them my way it’s not about the money it’s about the writing.


Sasha Johnson is the daughter of the biggest King Pin turned pastor, Gregory Johnson. They say with every twin, there’s one good and one bad. With Sasha being torn between living as a saved woman or the life of her own, confusion wreaks havoc in her life. Her twin brother, Shawn, who has no problem being a preacher’s kid, lives his life as a saved man under his father’s leadership. Sasha’s outlook on the world spirals out of control when she goes away to college and meets her strip club owner boyfriend, Jason. New levels bring new devils, as Sasha experiences hardships, causing her life to put on the line and to be left for dead, possibly without a way to escape the sin she’s been living in. Will Sasha run back to the church and become filled with the holy ghost, the only thing that can truly save her, or will she stay in her new life and continue to live in sin?

 Continue reading to find out what will happen with Sasha…





Join Our Community Today - Learn About The Current Books

Do you need help with your promoting? - http://bit.ly/SORMAGADS20


No comments:

Welcome To SORMAG's Blog

About Me

My photo
I believe in promoting authors and their books. Let me introduce you and your books to online readers.

I'm also a happily married mother of three who's trying to break into the Christian writing field. The writing road can be rocky.

I’m available for:

Online promotion coaching
Lectures
Seminars
Freelancing
Contact me at:lchwriter@gmail.com

Serving Our Community 365 Days a Year!