Tuesday, February 25, 2020

FEATURED AUTHOR: Patricia A. Saunders




Award Winning Self Published Author, Patricia A. Saunders was born and raised in Connecticut before relocating to the San Francisco Bay Area nearly 27 years ago. She received her Master’s in Management from the University of Phoenix in 2011. After the passing of her mother who had Alzheimer’s, Patricia decided if she inherited the disease she wanted her words to be her legacy and that all the words that she kept to herself were to be released. Her mantra became “letting the words flow until the pen stops”.

Her work has been featured on a Coast to Coast Book Tour at the Los Angeles Times Festival of Books, Toronto Word On The Street, Sacramento Black Book Fair, Tucson Book Festival, Miami International Festival of Books and AARP Life@50+ Spring Convention. Recently she was chosen among 100 authors from around the United States to participate in the Author’s Pavilion at the 2018 Congressional Black Caucus Convention in Washington, DC.

She is a monthly blogger of her own blog Blessed & Curvy who covers today’s hot topics. Also she is certified speaker with the Professional Woman Network for Women’s Issues & Diversity.

In her spare time she enjoys wine tasting and traveling.


How can readers get in contact with you?

www.patrriciaAsaunders.com
www.facebook.com/blessedpoetpat

Tell us about your manuscript to published author journey.

I always seem to get writer's block so I look forward to writing in the month of November where there is National Novel  Writing Month. I challenge myself, I let the words flow, I try to set time aside to write, get in touch with my editor letting her know to expect my work by a deadline, I also start working with my publisher on word counts, pricing, formatting. This time I chose to go with my own book cover design and found a designer  so that I took more ownership in the vision. My manuscript has gone through edits and is now uploaded to the publisher for production.

What inspired your book?

I wanted to get back to poetry, focused this time on love versus death, grief, and bad relationships. My readers were ready.

What did you learn while writing this book?

I learned a lot about myself and what I was holding onto that prevented someone to get close.

What did you hope to accomplish with this book?
It's the anniversary month that I am releasing the book of my parent's marriage. I want the reader to feel good, laugh, cry and be able to have it by the side of their bed.

What would you like readers to take away from your book?

There is more to poetry than Roses are Red. It is the window to the soul that one can feel okay to express themselves.


Which character did you have the most fun writing about?

There is always a couple or a woman that I base the poetry from.

What do you believe makes your stories stand out?

They are relatable.

What are three things you wish you’d known before you reached where you are now?

Promotion doesn't stop when the book is released

Step aside time to write

Set aside time to read other work

How do you find balance with your writing and life?

I am a binge writer I will stay up for hours and write, I will jot something down when something impacts me to later place in book, I have a journal with me always.

How do you stay consistent with your book promotion?

I have finally started to ask for help. I have a relative to help with running my fanpage. I am able to set up promotions in advance and offer discounts around holidays.

Daily I am staying in front of the reader to educate, promote , and remind of my brand.

What advice would you offer to someone whose first book is about to be released?

Start promoting. Research to make sure everyone reaching out to you is legitimate. There are scams.

What’s are your favorite social media platforms and how are you using them for promotion?

Facebook for my page, ads, and do coupons


What three literary events would you recommend a writer in your genre attend?

BAAR
NBCC

What’s the most interesting change in your life as a result of being a published author?

Networking with other who are well known to give me advice.

What about writing do you wish non writers would understand?

There is a difference niche for everyone.

Oprah always asks, what do you know for sure?

I know that when I don't promote my business it suffers because people forget.

Any last words for our readers?

Yes. We all have a story to write and I suggest if you want to become an author to research all aspects of the industry and don't be afraid to ask questions.


Four Seasons of Love is an anthology of poetry that separates the emotions of love into four chapters that covers the seasons. Both men and women can relate to their first kiss, being smitten, wondering if its real and the heartbreak of loss. The author writes each poem to have the reader visualize, feel, and remember those feelings.

Four Seasons of Love, something that most have experienced or know. Going through each Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter in the cycles of love and loss. 


Poetry is the window to the soul that exposes everything. The emotions that are stirred up within make you laugh, cry, and remember a piece of you on the pages. 


Spring is the blossoming of love.
Summer is when it is passionate.
Fall, as the season changes, so do you.
Winter can be so cold, but yet a beginning of a new chapter.


 https://www.amazon.com/Four-Seasons-Love-Anthology-Poetry-ebook/dp/B0853CNGR8

Join Our Community Today - Learn About The Current Books

Do you need help with your promoting? - http://bit.ly/SORMAGADS20


No comments:

Welcome To SORMAG's Blog

About Me

My photo
I believe in promoting authors and their books. Let me introduce you and your books to online readers.

I'm also a happily married mother of three who's trying to break into the Christian writing field. The writing road can be rocky.

I’m available for:

Online promotion coaching
Lectures
Seminars
Freelancing
Contact me at:lchwriter@gmail.com

Serving Our Community 365 Days a Year!