Monday, December 26, 2005

FEATURED AUTHOR - Archer & Jordan


This month BET Arabesque now called Harlequin Kimani Arabesque introduced the first romance novel by African-American men - SLOW MOTION. Romance from a male’s point of view.

SORMAG has the pleasure of featuring these two authors this week.








Please take a moment to meet Wayne Jordan and R Barri Flowers writing as Devon Archer. Feel free to ask them a few questions or tell them what you think of their excerpts.

SORMAG: Please give the readers a brief bio on you the person and the writer.

Devon Vaughn Archer:
I am the author of a number of mystery novels and nonfiction books. My legal thriller, JUSTICE SERVED (Dorchester, 2005), has been a hot seller and is a must for mystery fans.

Writing as Devon Vaughn Archer, DARK AND DASHING is my first contemporary romance novel. It is part of a two novel, all-male authored, book, entitled, SLOW MOTION (Harlequin Arabesque, November 2005).

The book has received a TOP PICK by Romantic Times and 5-Star reviews from RAWSISTAZ Reviewers and Harriet Klausner, the number one reviewer in Amazon.com

Wayne Jordan - I’m 43 years old and live on the beautiful tropical island of Barbados, the perfect place to write romance. I’m a high school teacher and teach Literature and Theater Arts. I write contemporary romance from the Harlequin Kimani Arabesque line (former BET Arabesque). My first book, Capture the Sunrise, was released as part of a 2-in-1 volume of loves stories to feature Arabesque’s first male authors.

I’m a member of Romance Writers of America and the RWA Online Chapter. I’m also the founder and Editor-in-Chief of Romance in Color, a website which focuses on the African-American romance.

SORMAG: Tell us about your current book?

ARCHER:
My next romance novel, LOVE ONCE AGAIN (Harlequin, April 2006), promises to be every bit as entertaining and romantic as DARK AND DASHING. It features an editor who is assigned the task of locating and convincing a prize winning photographer-author to fulfill the obligations of his contract. Love, passion, intrigue, and surprises will keep readers glued and wanting more!

WAYNE: Capture the Sunrise is the first in a three (or four) book series about the Buchanan brothers.

SORMAG: What would you like your readers to take away from your book?

ARCHER:
I would like for readers to take away from the book the notion that males, certainly this one, can write engaging tales of love and romance every but as effectively as female authors. Judging by the early reviews, I am sure this will be proven by all who read the book.

WAYNE: There are so many things I’d like readers to take away from Capture the Sunrise. However, I wanted to emphasize the importance of love and family and the beauty of nature. I also wanted to introduce readers to my beautiful island home, Barbados.

SORMAG: How did it feel to finally see your first book in print?

WAYNE:
Getting the call and signing a contract are moving experiences, but holding my first book in my hand was an awesome feeling.

SORMAG: Can you share a holiday tradition with our readers?

ARCHER:
Certainly. A holiday tradition for me is to call my family members across the country and sing Christmas songs over the phone. Also, I enjoy watching Christmas classics on TV, such as The Sound Of Music and Scrooge; as well as helping to prepare and sinking my teeth into sweet potato pie.

WAYNE: There are so many, but my absolute favorite has to staying awake until midnight, just to open our gifts.

SORMAG: What aspect of writing do you love the best, and which do you hate the most?

ARCHER:
I love seeing the project I worked so hard on as a published book for all to enjoy. I also love to hear from my fans through e-mails and at book signings.

What I dislike most is the often long path from the first written word of a novel to the day that it is actually published, which can be an exercise in patience, but well worth the wait!

WAYNE: I love creating my stories in my head and writing down the outline (or what some call the dreaded synopsis). My least favorite would be the final editing process when the first draft is done.

SORMAG: What’s something you wish you’d known earlier that might have saved you some time/frustration in the publishing business?

WAYNE:
To edit my stories as I write. For my next books, I’m going to write a few chapters and then spend a few days editing and proofing before I move on to the next set of chapters.

SORMAG: What advice would you give to someone whose book is about to be released?

ARCHER:
Celebrate the grand achievement for a day or two, then get back to work with a new book. The best way to succeed in this business is to keep producing so readers will continue to come your way.

WAYNE: Promotion is the key! Having an internet presence is very important. Join online discussion lists, create a vivid professional website. Get to know readers.

SORMAG: How can readers get in contact with you? (mail, email, website):

ARCHER: http://rbarriflowers.homestead.com

Or by e-mail at: BarriBorn2Write@cs.com

WAYNE: author@waynejordan.com and www.waynejordan.com or www.arabesqueauthors.com

No comments:

Welcome To SORMAG's Blog

About Me

My photo
I believe in promoting authors and their books. Let me introduce you and your books to online readers.

I'm also a happily married mother of three who's trying to break into the Christian writing field. The writing road can be rocky.

I’m available for:

Online promotion coaching
Lectures
Seminars
Freelancing
Contact me at:lchwriter@gmail.com

Serving Our Community 365 Days a Year!