Tuesday, December 12, 2006

COOKIE SWAP: Marilynn Griffith




SORMAG's CHRISTMAS COOKIE SWAP





Holiday Wishes

Greeting everyone! Thanks to Lashaunda for allowing me to share my holiday wishes and recipes with you. This year, I'm not going to be able to make it to see my family in Dayton, Ohio, but they are heavy on my mind. Christmas Eve plays big in our holiday tradition as this is when we exchanged gifts and had a big dinner and everyone stayed home on Christmas day. My mother, brother and I put up our tree on Christmas Eve as well. This year, due to missing my family and just having a lot going on, we'll be doing this tradition again as well as making cookies to pass out to our neighbors on Christmas day. My hope is the same as most years, that my children will truly understand what the birth of Jesus meant and that I can receive the most perfect gift--the grace of God. I'm praying the same for you. Now on to the cookies!



IF THE SHOE FITS

Rochelle Gardner hasn't had a man since her son was born. Now her "baby" is about to have a child of his own. Is it too late for her to find a perfect fit? Or will a Christian dating service she signs up for on a whim help her find a match made in seven...seven dates that is.


Cranberry and White Chocolate Chip Cookies

These are a twist on regular chocolate chip cookies. They are sweet, so use less chocolate if you're sensitive to that. The cranberries cut some of the sweetness though. You can substitute brandy for the vanilla for a more warm taste.

INGREDIENTS
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 egg
1 tablespoon brandy
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup white chocolate chips
1 cup dried cranberries

DIRECTIONS

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg and brandy. Combine the flour and baking soda; stir into the sugar mixture. Mix in the white chocolate chips and cranberries. Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheets.
Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. For best results, take them out while they are still doughy. Allow cookies to cool for 1 minute on the cookie sheets before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
Servings Per Recipe: 24
Amount Per Serving
Calories: 146
Total Fat: 5.9g
Cholesterol: 20mg
Sodium: 75mg
Total Carbs: 21.5g
Dietary Fiber: 0.6g
Protein: 1.4g

As you kick back and enjoy these, I hope you'll curl up with one of my books, which like these cookies, have a texture of sweet and sour moments, but love always wins in the end. My latest release is called IF THE SHOE FITS and is a follow up to my first novel. MADE OF HONOR.

Thanks so much for letting me share some my holiday traditions with you. Please stop by my website at http://www.MarilynnGriffith.com for more information about my life and my books. I look forward to meeting you all on the road in 2007. Remember, If the Shoe Fits....share it! Merry Christmas, Happy Kwanzaa and Happy New Year!
Marilynn

http://www.MarilynnGriffith.com
Serious Faith. Serious Fiction. Serious Fun.

Don't forget to stop by the Buy A Book For Christmas Room to purchase her book.

No comments:

Welcome To SORMAG's Blog

About Me

My photo
I believe in promoting authors and their books. Let me introduce you and your books to online readers.

I'm also a happily married mother of three who's trying to break into the Christian writing field. The writing road can be rocky.

I’m available for:

Online promotion coaching
Lectures
Seminars
Freelancing
Contact me at:lchwriter@gmail.com

Serving Our Community 365 Days a Year!