Monday, December 04, 2006

EXCERPT: Divine Destiny


Divine Destiny
Gwyneth Bolton

ISBN: 978-1-60043-003-9

December 2006

Parker Publishing, LLC

Noire Passion Imprint

Brief Blurb:

Divine Destiny is a paranormal erotic romance set in a primitive future. Darwu the Warrior Prince has started a war against the rebel resisters to the throne. He believes that they killed his sacred mate, Kara Millan, when she was a child. After losing her parents and her entire village when she was a child, Kara Millan became a leader and freedom fighter in The Resistance. She has sworn to bring down the corrupt monarchy.

When the Warrior Prince and the freedom fighter meet and find out that they are sacred mates, only divine love and a few sexually inspired lessons can bring these two sworn enemies to a true meeting of the heart, soul and mind.

5 Blue Ribbons from Romance Junkies! 5 Stars from Real Page Turners! 4.5 Stars from The RAWSISTAS Reviewers! 4 Stars from Romance in Color!

Excerpt:

His hand maintained its caressing hold. “Your name. Tell me. Now.”

“My name is Kara Millan.”

The Prince removed his hand and moved away from her so quickly one would have thought that he’d seen a ghost. His eyes narrowed in on her and then his lips formed a sneer. “Lies won’t help you. Only the truth will help you. What is your real name, wench?”

Not sure why he seemed to get angry when she gave him the information he’d asked for, she huffed, “Kara Millan.”

“Your name can’t be Kara Millan. Kara Millan died ten years ago.” His eyes poured into hers for a second before he shook his head vigorously. “The Resistance did a good job. As I look at you, I can see how they picked you. Perhaps she might have looked a little like you had she lived.”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about. But I am Kara Millan. Maybe the Kara Millan you knew died, but I can assure you I am who I say I am. And as you can see, I’m very much alive.” How was she supposed to talk peace to an oaf who couldn’t even grasp something as simple as her name? As if she didn’t know her own name.

“I’ll give you one more chance. What is your name?”

“Ka-ra. Mil-lan.”

“Let her go and leave us. Stand guard and kill anyone that tries to enter.” Waving his hands dismissively, the Prince kept his eyes on her the entire time he spoke.

“Yes, Your Highness.” The soldiers spoke in unison, and walked away.

Her knees gave way. The Prince caught her before she hit the ground and held her.

She lifted her head as best she could and glared at him. “Why don’t you just have them kill me and get it over with?”

“Not yet. By the time I’m through with you, you might very well wish for death, and I may just find it in my heart to grant it to you.” His hand caressed her cheek briefly before his eyes narrowed. “But until then, I have other uses for you. You’re going to tell me the truth about who you are.”

No comments:

Welcome To SORMAG's Blog

About Me

My photo
I believe in promoting authors and their books. Let me introduce you and your books to online readers.

I'm also a happily married mother of three who's trying to break into the Christian writing field. The writing road can be rocky.

I’m available for:

Online promotion coaching
Lectures
Seminars
Freelancing
Contact me at:lchwriter@gmail.com

Serving Our Community 365 Days a Year!