Monday, May 21, 2007

MAY FEATURED AUTHOR: Linda Beed


SORMAG: Please give the readers a brief bio on you the person and the writer.

Linda Beed:
Linda the person loves life. I enjoy being with my family and my friends. When I’m not reading (I am an admitted bookaholic), I enjoy sewing, crafts and gardening. If you came to my house today you would wonder why I would consider buying another piece of fabric or an item to use for a current or future craft.
As for Linda the writer I’ve found what fuels my passion for writing is the opportunity to give to others what God has given me. It is not always the easy or popular write, but I will follow the lead of the Holy Spirit.

SORMAG: Tell us about your current book?


BEED:
Business Unusual is a Contemporary Christian fiction novel that reaches beyond the superficial in order to deal with the heart of matters. Unbeknownst to them, the lives of five people cross at a very crucial time. Bernadette Lewis’ business endeavor is more than just a financial blessing. For Treva Scott, Falimah Meyer and Brian Chin, it will become the ministry that shapes their futures. In terms of Hayes Davis, his skewed views of women and life will be challenged beyond anything he could ever anticipate when he seeks the companionship of Bernadette. Each individual is faced with a choice and that choice will determine if they will walk the ordained path to fulfilling purpose or detour down the road of self-satisfaction.

SORMAG: What would you like your readers to take away from your book?

BEED:
There are three things I want my readers to exit Business Unusual with. The first is for them to understand how valuable they are to God. Secondly, I want them to know that they do have the option of free will and along with that option comes responsibility and consequences (good and bad). Finally, I pray that each reader will come to understand that no mistake they may have made or obstacle thrown in their path will change His love or plans for their lives.

SORMAG: Tell us your publishing experience?

BEED:
Do you have a few weeks? Once we made the decision to independently publish there was much to learn and more I will need to learn. Overcoming negative comments and at times, seemingly overwhelming odds, was a challenge many days. The process actually made me grow up faster than I believe I would have had someone taken me by the hand. It is an experience that has matured me in the business and heightened my determination to help others through the process.

SORMAG: Do you ever have a hard time letting go of a character after the novel is finished?

BEED:
When I initially began this process I wrote a three novel series within an eighteen month period. All I knew were the characters in that trilogy and I struggled to create storylines for other books that were in my spirit without using a single one of the characters from the original series.

SORMAG: How do you introduce your book to a new reader?

BEED:
I introduce it as ‘not your ordinary read’.

SORMAG: Spring is here, what fun activity to you do in the spring time?

BEED:
Gardening. I’ve already decided how I will revamp my flower beds so that I will have a continuous flow of color throughout the spring, summer and early fall. My husband has a new idea for training our concord grapes. To that I will add strawberries to our annual crop of tomatoes, greens and peppers.

SORMAG: What was the last book to keep you up at night reading it?

BEED:
I just finished Tavis Smiley’s ‘What I Know For Sure’. I recommend this book to anyone who believes their destiny lies in public service or entrepreneurship.

SORMAG: What resources do you use on the net?

BEED:
I am a member of a very supportive online writing community. Real Sista Writers, Writer’s Hut, TWV2 and Kim’s Crew are just a few of the online groups I am a member of. I also use my blogspot and MySpace sites to learn and reach out to others.

SORMAG: How can readers get in contact with you.

BEED:
I can be contacted at: lindaonassignment@yahoo.com, www.blogspot.lindabeed.com and www.myspace.com/lindabeed

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great interview, you really displayed the Linda I know.

Carolyn B.

Anonymous said...

Linda,

Bringing greetings from the Hut.

Congratulations on your upcoming release. I am excited about the work God has ordained you to do. You are a very special woman and I know it will reflect in your work. Your ministry has blessed me time and time again.

Go forward my sister and embrace all that God has for you.

I love you,

Lacricia Peters
Author,
Girl, Nawl! (Coming Soon)

PatriciaW said...

I had to chance to read an excerpt when it was in draft stage. I can't wait to read the finished product. Congratulations, Linda.

Anonymous said...

Linda, I know what you've gone through to get your novel out and admire you for your perseverance. I love the sound of your garden. I miss planning and having mine.
Blessings.

Vanessa A. Johnson said...

Hi Linda,
Thanks for sharing a bit of you through your interview with LaShaunda. I look forward to reading your book. Much success to you.

Love & Peace,
VeeJay

Welcome To SORMAG's Blog

About Me

My photo
I believe in promoting authors and their books. Let me introduce you and your books to online readers.

I'm also a happily married mother of three who's trying to break into the Christian writing field. The writing road can be rocky.

I’m available for:

Online promotion coaching
Lectures
Seminars
Freelancing
Contact me at:lchwriter@gmail.com

Serving Our Community 365 Days a Year!