Friday, April 18, 2008

FEATURED AUTHOR: Sylvia Lett


I reside in Garland, Texas with her children, Michael and Courtney. She is not only a published author, but a playwright as well.

Books in print: 4

Self-Published - For Christina’s Sake, I Wish I Had Waited
Kensington - Perfect For You (March 2007), Like Never Before (April 2008)

I Wish I Had Waited play debuted at the Plaza Theatre in 2005. Two years later, the venue “Sold Out” Carpenter Performance Hall in Irving, Texas. Next scheduled venue March 2009 at CPH.

The new play, Game Over will debut in 2009. This one is for young men. The novel is in process.

Like Never Before


Danielle was leading an uneventful life, until Greg, moved back to Dallas. He made her remember what was like to feel passion. Suddenly her well-ordered world is spinning out of control. She is torn between running from Greg and running to him.

Greg wanted forever, but Danielle wasn’t ready or willing to test the waters of a relationship with him again. What she offered was something totally unexpected. She wanted a no-frills, no-commitment, no-strings liaison.

Just when Danielle decides to give their relationship another chance, secrets, lies, and past mistakes tear them apart.

What would you like your readers to take away from your book?

Sometimes, but not always, second chances are possible.

What did you learn while writing this book?

I learned alot about forgiveness. I also learned that we all make mistakes. No one is perfect. It is alright to forgive, but learn something from the experience.

What is the hardest part about the writing business?

Making connections in the industry, I was lucky and someone referred me to my Agent.

What one thing about writing do you wish other non-writers would understand?

It's not as easy as you may think. A lot of hard work goes into each manuscript. Every book is not for everyone.

What marketing have you found that particularly works well for you?

The internet and book signings.

What are three things you wish you'd known before you reached where you are now?

How much time and energy it takes to become a successful author, playwright? The first book may not make you. Not everyone will be able to live off book royalties, so don't quit your day job. Also, have a very thick skin. Not everyone will like your work.

Can you tell us about your play, I Wish I Had Waited?

I Wish I Had Waited is my first teen novel. It promotes abstinence. It shows what can happen when teens rush to grow up too fast. It also proves that every day teen issues crosses all racial and socio-economical boundaries. These issues can have lasting effects on the individual as well as the family unit.

The play had its 1st curtain at the Plaza Theater in Garland in 2005. In April 2007, we had our first "Sold Out" show(707 seats) at Carpenter Performance Hall in Irving. We are scheduled for another performance there in March 2009.

This month our theme is Men In Fiction. Can you give us five male authors you read?

Brandon Massey and James Patterson. I have to admit, I have not read a lot of male authors.

Do you have any advice for the aspiring writer?

Follow your dream. Don't give up. It took me 20 years to get up the courage to publish my first novel. My fourth book is due out this month. I also just finished another teen play and now I'm working on the novel for the play.

How can readers get in contact with you? (mail, email, website)

My two email addresses are: slylett@verizon.net, slylett@gmail.com

My website is http://www.lettsdreambigpublishing.com/


No comments:

Welcome To SORMAG's Blog

About Me

My photo
I believe in promoting authors and their books. Let me introduce you and your books to online readers.

I'm also a happily married mother of three who's trying to break into the Christian writing field. The writing road can be rocky.

I’m available for:

Online promotion coaching
Lectures
Seminars
Freelancing
Contact me at:lchwriter@gmail.com

Serving Our Community 365 Days a Year!