Thursday, August 21, 2008

FEATURED AUTHOR: Wanza Leftwich


Faith & Fertility - The Ebook
by Wanza Leftwich


To be barren forever is not God’s plan for us all. It is not the end of the world, nor is it a place that many of us choose to be in. There is a bitter- sweet blessing to being barren and then become fruitful. I know you must think that I’m crazy for saying this, but trust me, I am not crazy or delusional. The Bible says, the barren woman has joy when a child is finally born.

Being barren leads you to an ever-loving God that will supply your heart’s desire if you ask. “Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.” John 16:24(KJV)

God specifically chooses women and men who have been barren for a season to then have children. He opens a closed womb for His glory. It is a miracle that brings fulfillment, joy and happiness.

A miracle for you is not too hard for God. A miracle can be anything from having an overdue bill paid on time to seeing someone raised from the dead. Miracles vary from person to person, situation to situation, and from faith to faith.


What would you like your readers to take away from your book?

My mission in life is to let people know that with God all things are possible. God has given each person a measure of faith and it is up to us to use it to receive all of His promises. I want families facing infertility struggles to know that God has not punished or forsaken them, but He has chosen them specifically to perform a miracle in their lives.

What did you learn while writing this book?

I learned that if you practice the principles of faith - even in times of uncertainty - God will answer your request. I did not realize how much I practiced the principles of faith until I began to write this book. During my time of infertility, I had many days of doubt, loneliness and confusion, but I continued to confess God’s word over my situation. I refused to speak negative - even if it hurt.

What is the hardest part about the writing business?

The most challenging part of this business is definitely marketing and promotion. Once the book is written, you have to get it into the hands of your readers. I’m learning that it’s best to begin promoting your book before it’s finished.

What one thing about writing do you wish other non-writers would understand?

I wish my readers (especially the ones waiting for the sequel to my self-published novel) would understand that writing for me is a personal journey. I can not sit down and write any type of story. As a Christian writer, I pray about my storyline and the characters. Sometimes, I even pray for the characters - lol. They become a part of me. I believe it is my duty to write novels or non-fiction books that my readers will enjoy and bring them closer to our loving God. And to do that it takes time.

What marketing have you found that particularly works well for you?

I find social networking and blogging very helpful. There are many sites where you can get to know thousands of people - Myspace, Shelfari, Gather - and the list goes on and on. Many of these sites allow you to connect with people you would have never met on your own. And let us not forget the numerous online writing groups. I take my emails very seriously. It’s important not to be rude or antisocial once you have joined one of these groups - you never know who may be reading. Another marketing tool is blogging or doing virtual tours. I have found many new authors on blogs. I would have never heard of them if they hadn’t done an interview on a blog - or write a blog themselves. Blogging is an excellent marketing tool - blogs are archived and they pop up in search engines soon after the post goes live.

This month our theme is Getting Out Of The Slush Pile. Do you have any advice for getting an editor/agent to request your manuscript?

My latest work is self-published, however, my advice is to write as often as you can and do not be afraid to submit your work. An editor or agent can’t request your manuscript if you don't use your faith and submit it.

What was the last conference you attended and what did you like about it?

The Greater Philadelphia Christian Writer’s Conference. I love the fact that God was the center of the conference. Yes, we were there to learn and possibly get an agent/editor, but I enjoyed starting the day with worship to our God.

What do you do to make time for yourself?

I wake up in the middle of the night and meditate or pray. I also tend to stay on the internet for long periods of time. Sometimes my family thinks I am writing, but truthfully, I am researching or reading the bible.

What was the last book to keep you up at night reading it?


Living the Maximized Life by Dr. I.V. Hilliard

How can readers get in contact with you? (mail, email, website)

http://www.wanzaleftwich.com/

thegospelwriter.blogspot.com,

www.myspace.com/wanzaleftwich,

http://www.faithandfertility.blogspot.com/

or simply email me @ wanzaleftwich@gmail.com.

6 comments:

LaShaunda said...

Wanza,

Thank you so much for your interview. This is a topic that isn't really talked about in our community. Thank you for taking time to write about your experiences and helping others deal with this.

Many blessings to you.

Wanza Leftwich, The Gospel Writer said...

Lashaunda,
Thank you for having me! It's a true honor. Many blessings to you and SORMAG!

rhonda mcknight said...

Very good interview. And yes, this is a topic that's not discussed in our community. Wanda give us details about the Philadelphia Writer's Conference. What was the highlight?

Wanza Leftwich, The Gospel Writer said...

Thanks, Rhonda! LOLOL. I haven't gone to the conference in a few years - but it was the last one I went to.

Anonymous said...

Hi LaShaunda,
Thank you again... for help shedding light on such an sensitive subject.

Wanza, I am definitely going to get my copy of Faith and Fertility.
God has a way of doing things so wonderfully, does He not?

We have so much in common, we should connect :) I have authored and self published The Certain ones: You're not Forsaken. You're Chosen for Purpose.

I write about my experience with infertility, faith in God, the calling of God, and the healing process. So, I can both identify and definitely appreciate your message.

So, thank you for answering the calling, and for sharing your testimony, with us. And as a great Christian author once said to me..."someone was praying for your story."

Blessings,
Vanessa

Wanza Leftwich, The Gospel Writer said...

Hi Vanessa! Thank you for your comment. I so appreciate what you said, "someone was praying for your story" - that is exactly how I feel.

I'd be happy to connect with you! Can you email me? Thanks!

Welcome To SORMAG's Blog

About Me

My photo
I believe in promoting authors and their books. Let me introduce you and your books to online readers.

I'm also a happily married mother of three who's trying to break into the Christian writing field. The writing road can be rocky.

I’m available for:

Online promotion coaching
Lectures
Seminars
Freelancing
Contact me at:lchwriter@gmail.com

Serving Our Community 365 Days a Year!