Tuesday, July 28, 2009

In Memory Of E. Lynn Harris


My deepest sympathy goes out to E. Lynn Harris’ family, friends and fans. He will be missed.

As you know I’m a sucker for romance. I’d picked up the February issue of Essence and they featured a few romances and included the excerpt of Invisible Life. I read the excerpt and was intrigued, it was about two men. WHAT?

This was my introduction to E. Lynn Harris. I read the book and was hooked to his writing.

As a person who loves to meet authors, he was a hard person to meet because I didn’t have the right contacts. In 2003 he came to St. Louis and I made it my business to go to his book signing. Instead of the normal book signing, he did a short speech and answered questions from the audience. He also brought a model with him who was in the calendar he was selling. They both stayed until the last picture was taken.

The path E. Lynn travelled to publish his story was different than others, but it didn’t stop him from introducing his books to readers. I admired him more and looked forward to doing an interview with him.

I got the pleasure a few years later when I did an online radio show. I finally had a chance to talk with him.

He was getting over a cold, but it didn’t stop us from chatting. It was like catching up with an old friend. He didn’t mind that we went over our allotted time. I hung up the phone again in ah over this great writer.

One of the best things about being a writer is that you always leave something behind, your stories. They are here forever which means your memory lives on and on.

E. Lynn has gone on to his glory, but his words will stay with us forever. If you have an E. Lynn book pick up your favorite this week and revisit his words and remember the writer.

More Tributes to E. Lynn

http://www.ebonyjet.com/culture/literature/index.aspx?id=13976



http://www.theroot.com/views/e-lynn-harris-1955-2009

http://www.theroot.com/blogs/virginia-deberry/what-becomes-big-hearted-tribute-e-lynn-harris


Please share your special memory with E. Lynn.

No comments:

Welcome To SORMAG's Blog

About Me

My photo
I believe in promoting authors and their books. Let me introduce you and your books to online readers.

I'm also a happily married mother of three who's trying to break into the Christian writing field. The writing road can be rocky.

I’m available for:

Online promotion coaching
Lectures
Seminars
Freelancing
Contact me at:lchwriter@gmail.com

Serving Our Community 365 Days a Year!