Thursday, December 22, 2011

FEATURED AUTHOR: K.Dawn Byrd


K. Dawn Byrd is an author of inspirational romance and romantic suspense. Mistaken Identity, her first young adult romance released on June 15, 2011 from Desert Breeze Publishing. She enjoyed writing it so much that she'll have four young adult releases in 2012. The sequel to Mistaken Identity, Shattered Identity, will release in June and a college-age romance/mystery series, The Zoe Mack Mystery Series, will release in January with others to follow in June and December.

K. Dawn is an avid blogger and gives away several books per week on her blog at http://www.kdawnbyrd.blogspot.com/, most of which are signed by the authors. She's also the moderator of the popular facebook Christian Fiction Gathering group at http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=128209963444.

When not reading or writing, K. Dawn enjoys spending time with her husband of 16 years while walking their dogs beside a gorgeous lake near her home and plotting the next story waiting to be told.

How did you start out your writing career?

I started writing about four years ago.

What did you learn while writing this book?

I was afraid at first that I'd have a hard time as an adult woman getting into the mind of a teenage girl. Apparently, I did a good job because several teens have emailed me telling me that Lexi, the bad girl in the story, reminded them of someone they knew.

What did you hope to accomplish with this book?

I hoped to show those Christian girls who are trying to live for God that they're doing the right thing. It may not be the most popular thing, but you do come out a winner in the end.

Which character did you have the most fun writing about?

I had the most fun writing Lexi. She was spiteful and selfish. I would never want a best friend like her, but she was fun to write.

What has surprised you most about becoming a published author?

I'm currently writing my ninth book and I'm surprised at how much fun it is to continue on. It's more than a hobby. It's a passion.

What aspect of writing do you love the best, and which do you hate the most?

I love writing "The End." It's such a sense of accomplishment. I hate editing.

What are three things you wish you’d known before you reached where you are now?

I wish I'd known how slowly the market moves. I wish I'd taken my time and spent more time learning to write before releasing earlier books. I wish I'd known more about marketing.

Can you give us one do and one don’t for those aspiring to be a writer?

Don't write for fame and fortune because they may never come. Do write for the simple joy of placing words on the page.

What one thing about writing do you wish other non-writers would understand?

I wish non-writers would understand when they call and ask what I'm doing and I say that I'm writing that I'm in no mood to carry on an hour-long conversation.

If you could be a character from any book you've read, who would you be?

That's a hard question. I'm really not sure. Okay readers, who would you be?

When you're not writing, what do you like to do in your spare time?

Read. Take long walks with my husband. Love on my hairless Chinese Crested dogs. Maintain aquariums full of flowerhorns, convicts, blood parrots, Jack Dempseys, and firemouths.

What do you do to interact with your readers?

I have a website, three blogs and I FaceBook and tweet.

Our theme for this month is CHILDREN BOOKS. What inspired you to make children’s literature the focus of your career?

My first published books were romantic suspense. They were kind of dark. Someone has to die or be in peril. With young adult fiction, it's just plain fun! The books are light-hearted for the most part and absolutely a joy to write even when I tackle hard subjects.

Oprah always asks, What do you know for sure?

I know for sure that when I die I'm going to heaven.

Can you give us a sneak peek of your next book?

My next release is in January. It's the first book in The Zoe Mack Mystery Series and is called Zoe Mack and the Secret of the Love Letters. Here's the blurb:

When Zoe Mack moves in with her grandparents to start college, she's thrown into more mystery than she bargained for. Her cousin, Emma, is terrorized by a stalker who breaks into her house and leaves a photo-shopped image of Emma hanging from a tree. Nothing is as it seems and Emma soon learns that even the man she thinks she can trust is suspect.

Zoe can't wait to reunite with Nate, the bad boy who doesn't talk about his feelings much, but the passionate kiss he gave her last summer had to have meant something. When she arrives back in town and discovers that he's in trouble with the law, she must take matters into her own hands in order to clear his name. She has her hands full with a needy Emma, a cop who gives her the creeps, and Nate, the guy she desperately wants to call her own. Can Zoe solve the mystery, clear Nate's name, and make him fall in love with her?

How can readers get in contact with you? (mail, email, website)

Email: kdawnbyrd@yahoo.com
Website: http://www.kdawnbyrd.com/
Blog: http://www.kdawnbyrd.blogspot.com/
Zoe Mack Blog: http://www.zoe-mack.blogspot.com/

MISTAKEN IDENTY

Eden Morgan makes a list of six goals to accomplish in order to have the best summer ever. Getting a boyfriend, which is perhaps the most important goal, becomes complicated when she and her best friend, Lexi, fall for the same guy. Since Lexi is popular, gorgeous, and always gets her guy, Eden thinks she doesn't have a chance.

Channing Johnson is everything Eden's ever dreamed of and she can't believe he just moved in next door. When he starts showing interest in her, she's overjoyed...until she sees him out on a date with Lexi. He says Lexi talked him into it to repay her for tutoring him. Lexi says they're in love.

Eden doesn't know who to believe and is forced to choose between her best friend and the guy of her dreams. Nothing is as it seems and no matter who she chooses, someone will get hurt.



If you enjoyed this post, please consider becoming a member of SORMAG's community - Join Today

Do you need help with your promoting? - http://sormag.com/advertise.htm

No comments:

Welcome To SORMAG's Blog

About Me

My photo
I believe in promoting authors and their books. Let me introduce you and your books to online readers.

I'm also a happily married mother of three who's trying to break into the Christian writing field. The writing road can be rocky.

I’m available for:

Online promotion coaching
Lectures
Seminars
Freelancing
Contact me at:lchwriter@gmail.com

Serving Our Community 365 Days a Year!