Friday, February 24, 2012

FEATURED AUTHOR: Vladimir Nicolas


Born on september 2, 1979 in Cap Haitien at Haiti. Living in Montreal (Canada) since the years 90s, he published in 2007 his first book of poetry titled Azrael,dedicated to his deceased mother, Ruth Louis. In 2008, the French publisher Le Manuscrit contracted him for publishing a cyberpunk poetry book titled Automato et humanus. Since 2011, he is writing his first novels.

How did you start out your writing career?

In 2000, I have joined a college student newspaper named “Vox Populi” at college Andre-Laurendeau in order to make new friends. Then, I fell in love with literature by writing some short poems and my thoughts for that newspapers. So little by little, literature was become an essential part of my own existence both by own passions and influence from classmates who studied in literature.

What did you learn while writing this book?

Patience.

What did you hope to accomplish with this book?

I would like people to believe that money do not necessary bring happiness. I am not the first author or philosopher that defends that viewpoint, but we often forgot that point. The second lesson people can learn by reading that book that the world will be heartless without love. Love is what that makes turn the world. Parents do sacrifices for their kids by love. Love put together humans divided by religious faith or political ideologies though they were threatened by their compatriots. So love is the universal that push humans to do the impossible by calling the best feelings within us.

What came first with this story, the characters or the plot? Why?

The plot came first inspired by Bill Gates campaign to rally several billionaires for giving their money to donation. So I got the plotting idea of a kind billionaire from Bill Gates ideas. Then, several Chinese fans and admirers complained that most of my books were written in French. So the main character family name is “Wong” in order to be grateful to my Chinese followers of my writing career.

What has surprised you most about becoming a published author?

People have great admiration of you. I have been surprised by the praise for being a published author.
Consequently, I was very surprised for being praised for that though I firmly believe anyone can become a published author.

What aspect of writing do you love the best, and which do you hate the most?

To give life to an imaginary world and create the characters that will populate my fictional universe is the favorite I like enjoying when I am writing.

What are three things you wish you’d known before you reached where you are now?

Writing is a monastic way of life. Famous or not, a writer should dare to support loneliness. Instead of fearing solitude, a writer should cherish the silence while he or she is writing the book.

Good writing is hard constitutes the second lesson I have learned from writing since five years. Like any writer, I wrote a first draft both from passion and inspiration before I review or rewrite my manuscripts several times.

At last, writing is total joy. The gratification for reading your printed book overcomes the pain for writing it. Nobody told me or taught me about the joy of writing a book. So I have discovered and enjoyed the indescribable joy to make working the heart with the mind for writing a book. Consequently, Writing a book is a total joy.

Can you give us one do and one don’t for those aspiring to be a writer?

Write and read newspapers daily to get aware of the world you are living in. Dear aspiring and unknown writer, write first for yourself and not for fame.

So you will never lack of motivation for writing and faith in yourself-you will face with confidence the multitude of rejection letters from book publishers. At last,cheering those advices will build up the path to your long writing career.

What one thing about writing do you wish other non-writers would understand?

Writing is the most democratic art! Writing is not an elitist activity, but an art in which everyone can learn to know themselves, fight the harsh alienation from their working place and to empower themselves by entertaining other with their writings.

Tell us something few know about you?

Before writing,I liked drawing very much. Drawing was my first artistic activity in which I was playing with my imagination to give life to my first stories.

When you're not writing, what do you like to do in your spare time?

I do have many hobbies beside writing. I like photography, I go wandering alone in Montreal downtown for taking photos. Then, I like watching movies,so I went with friends in theaters.

What do you do to interact with your readers?

I did a blog and a facebook author page. In the coming years, I am planning to start reading poetry and do more public activities.

Our theme for this month is Writing the book, what advice do you have for staying motivated to complete the book?

Perseverance. When you do not find support in your family or friends, you should keep the perseverance for writing though the whole world can turn against you.

Do you do anything to promote Black History Month?

Because of my daily job, I have been busy. Someday, I would like to organize a literature festival during the Black History Month for featuring several Black authors from all continents. However, the festival will be open to non-black writers for the reason I consider that literature is mankind ownership, revealing its richness and human diversities through the stories, songs and poems written by women and men from any culture.

Oprah always asks, What do you know for sure?

Writing is a long-time vocation and excellence rises from practicing the craft and the writing of several words.

Can you give us a sneak peek of your next book?

Right now, I am involved in many writings. And my upcoming book should be a standard fantasy novel with magic and a sad love stories. It is a book I have titled: The Winter Queen

How can readers get in contact with you? (mail, email, website)

E-mail: vladland@yahoo.fr
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Vladimir-Nicolas/30791701145
Blog: http://blog.sina.com.cn/u/1718748480

Mister Wrong and the Goddess of Love
In this fairy tale,Mister Wong, the richest man on Earth, has a big problem: to find true love. Despite his fortune, he is unlucky to find true love because girls dated him rather to get his money than to really love him for his personality. So he will decide with despair to capture the Goddess of Love in order to be lucky in love without thinking his actions will be disastrous for the whole world.


If you enjoyed this post, please consider becoming a member of SORMAG's community - Join Today

Do you need help with your promoting? - http://sormag.com/advertise.htm

No comments:

Welcome To SORMAG's Blog

About Me

My photo
I believe in promoting authors and their books. Let me introduce you and your books to online readers.

I'm also a happily married mother of three who's trying to break into the Christian writing field. The writing road can be rocky.

I’m available for:

Online promotion coaching
Lectures
Seminars
Freelancing
Contact me at:lchwriter@gmail.com

Serving Our Community 365 Days a Year!