Thursday, September 12, 2013

FEATURED AUTHOR: KS Oliver





I am a mother of two boys, William Sha’Kwan & Trystyn K’Shaun. I was born in New York and raised in Georgia. I have an Associate’s Degree in General Studies, and a certificate in Medical Billing & Coding. I have these skills but writing has always been my guilty pleasure. On May 2010, following the birth of my youngest child, I was diagnosed with Lupus. Subsequently, I was diagnosed with Skin Lupus, Fibromyalgia, Fibrosis, Hypotension, Hypothyroids & Severe Depression. My psychiatrists suggested writing a diary, but I learned quickly that poetry came a lot easier to me. With my everyday life being so challenging, I needed an easier outlet to keep me standing strong.



The title Still Standing is literal. Often people go through things that break them. How would you handle being diagnosed with more than 5 diseases before the age of 30? KS Oliver takes you into her world of pain and Lupus. She has had more x-rays, CT scans, surgeries and blood work performed than one can count and is Still Standing.

Why did you choose to write this book?

The more I wrote and the more people read my writing; the more I heard that I should share it. The title Still Standing is literal. I have been cut, poked and jabbed multiple times. I have stayed in the hospital for several days on end. I am on a first name basis with the emergency room staff. I have had more x-rays, CT scans, surgeries and blood work performed than I can count. I am still standing. What would you like readers to take away from your book? When people read my book I just want them to take something with them that they didn’t come with. I have had to learn faith and embrace my strength.

What did you learn about yourself in terms of your strong points and weak points while writing this book? 

While writing this book I learned that it is ok to not be so private when it can help someone else. My weaknesses are sometimes what people need to see to build their strength.

What advice would you offer to someone interested in writing a non fiction book?

I would tell anyone interested in writing a book to do it. Be true to yourself and your craft

Do you plan to write any more books?

I have a book releasing on September 25 titled Affectionately 360


Who was the first author you ever met?

The first author I ever met face to face was Minnie Dix aka Leigh Mcknight

What are you reading right now?

I am now reading Niya by Fabiola Joseph and Erotic Bliss

How can readers get in contact with you? (mail, email, website)

I am on facebook www.facebook.com/authoressksoliver, IG @authoressks, twitter @authoressks, website: www.authoressksoliver.com, and email authoressksoliver@gmail.com

Anything you'd like to say to the readers of SORMAG?

I just want you to know I don’t write for sympathy but for understanding. Though being chronically ill isn’t easy it doesn’t mean you can’t accomplish every goal you have set. It has made me stronger.



If you enjoyed this post, please consider becoming a member of SORMAG's community - Join Today

Do you need help with your promoting? - http://sormag.com/advertise.htm


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have read KS Oliver still standing. I would encourage each and everyone of you too get your copy, and read it. She's a phenomenal author.

Welcome To SORMAG's Blog

About Me

My photo
I believe in promoting authors and their books. Let me introduce you and your books to online readers.

I'm also a happily married mother of three who's trying to break into the Christian writing field. The writing road can be rocky.

I’m available for:

Online promotion coaching
Lectures
Seminars
Freelancing
Contact me at:lchwriter@gmail.com

Serving Our Community 365 Days a Year!