Thursday, August 07, 2014

Online Book Club - Black Romance and Women’s Fiction book club



Tell us about your book club?

I started the Black Romance and Women’s Fiction book club in August 2007 after I moved from Chicago to Phoenix Arizona. I’d missed my book club and couldn’t find one in my area with members who read the type of books I like, so I started an online bookclub on Shelfari. Though we mainly read Black romance and women’s fiction, many of us read across genres.


Deatri King-Bey began in the publishing industry in 2001 as an editor for Third World Press Inc., the oldest African-American owned publishing company in the country. Though she supported the non-fiction and literary mission of Third World Press Inc., she found commercial fiction more to her liking. On the fiction side of developmental editing, she freelanced for several publishing houses over the years and has edited for authors such as L. A. Banks, Beverly Jenkins and a host of others. Deatri is also multi-award winning author of Black romance and women’s fiction. Her latest honor was for the 201 4 Emma Award for Heroine of the Year. She also writes dangerously-sexy suspense with Curtis L. Alcutt under the pseudonym L. L Reaper.

Visit Deatri online at http://deatrikingbey.com


Read Black Romance and Women’s Fiction book club's interview in the SUMMER ISSUE of SORMAG Digital
If you enjoyed this post, please consider becoming a member of SORMAG's community - Join Today

Do you need help with your promoting? - http://sormag.com/advertise.htm


No comments:

Welcome To SORMAG's Blog

About Me

My photo
I believe in promoting authors and their books. Let me introduce you and your books to online readers.

I'm also a happily married mother of three who's trying to break into the Christian writing field. The writing road can be rocky.

I’m available for:

Online promotion coaching
Lectures
Seminars
Freelancing
Contact me at:lchwriter@gmail.com

Serving Our Community 365 Days a Year!