Friday, April 12, 2019

FEATURED AUTHOR: Stephanie Nicole Norris





Stephanie Nicole Norris is an author from Chattanooga Tennessee with a humble beginning. She was raised with six siblings by her mother Jessica Ward. Always being a lover of reading, during Stephanie’s teenage years her joy was running to the bookmobile to read stories by R. L. Stine.


After becoming a young adult her love for romance sparked, leaving her captivated by heroes and heroines alike. With a big imagination and a creative heart, Stephanie penned her first novel of a four book series and self-published book one in 2012. As a prolific writer, Stephanie's catalog continues to grow. Her books can be found on Amazon. com. Stephanie is inspired by the likes of Donna Hill, Eric Jerome Dickey, Jackie Collins, and more. She currently resides in Tennessee with her husband and three-year-old son.


How can readers get in contact with you? 




Mailing address is PO BOX 25191 Chattanooga, TN 27422

Find me on Instagram: www.instagram.com/@stephanienrrs1

Find me on Twitter: www.twitter.com/@stephanienrrs1

Find me on Facebook: www.facebook.com/loveisadrugink

Subscribe to my newsletter and receive a free teaser straight to your inbox:


Readers can enjoy an intimate setting with me in my Facebook group, Love Is A Drug Ink – The Queendom. You can find my group here https://www.facebook.com/groups/125331954243382/


What inspired your book?

This series was inspired by my first ongoing series, Falling for a Rose. They both highlight strong, black, wealthy families who reside in Chicago, Illinois. Mainly, I wanted to shine a spotlight on black men who were not the typical stereotype that we’ve come to know when pertaining to men of color. I also wanted to show the strength in black women, and the challenges we face with everything, from growing a successful business and keeping a steady and firm village around us, Because sometimes we fall, sometimes we need a little pick me up, and sometimes we just want to be told we’re great. We as women also bear a lot of society’s issues, and I wanted to show how we stand when it’s time and when we love, we love hard.

What would you like readers to take away from your book?

Everything I said in the previous statement. Lol. Know that you are great, you’re worthy, you are enough. Keep your head high, build your village, fall in love and kick some major ass. (Business ass that is. Lol.)

Which character did you have the most fun writing about?

 This is not a question that can be answered. It’s just too many to pick out.

 What advice would you offer to someone whose book is about to be released?

Submit your title for a BookBub New Release Alert.

Network with other authors and see if they will put your book in their newsletter or perhaps share it on their social media.

Check out the Girl Have You Read website and find author services there.

Check out WOC (Women of color in romance and their author services).

Proofread your manuscript a final time for errors. (I know you’ve probably done this a thousand times, but do it once more for your sanity’s sake).

Make sure your book cover is professionally designed, and your manuscript is professionally formatted.

I could list a gazillion things, but this should get you going!

What does literary success look like to you?

For me literary success is having someone—anyone—receive the story you wrote with such emphasis that they benefited from the words you took the time to craft. I call it a soul blessing. Lol. When I receive feedback, whether via email, direct message or reviews about a book touching someone’s life that makes me feel as if my mission for that book is complete and I am on the right path.

What has surprised you most about being a published author?

That you can make money doing it. Lol. Writing is sometimes known as a lost art and something you can’t share and benefit from. I never expected to receive such positive response as an indie publisher. I used to be programmed to think that only traditional publishing could bring any kind of monetary value and I was fine with that going in. I had stories to tell and I was going to tell them, so consider me shook when I found out otherwise.

What are three things you wish you’d known before you reached where you are now?

I want you to know this question made me holler. Lol. There is so much I wish I would’ve known. More specifically, watch who you do business with. Everyone is not who they say they are. Check references, never pay a dime for someone to publish your work. There are so many free resources online, it literally only takes a Google search to find what you need.

What do you do to interact with your readers?

Readers can enjoy an intimate setting with me in my Facebook group, Love Is A Drug Ink – The Queendom. You can find my group here https://www.facebook.com/groups/125331954243382/

I also have a fan page www.facebook.com/loveisadrugink


These are the three places I’m most active. We have an absolute ball in my group. I host book discussions, we share day to day activities, pre-release book parties and more.

What are your three favorite social media platforms and how are you using them for promotion?

Facebook

Instagram

Twitter

I post to these regularly to get my readers prepared.

What are you reading this summer?

I haven’t had the chance to read a Brenda Jackson novel, so at some point I will immerse myself in her stories.

When you're not writing, what do you like to do in your spare time?

Mani/Pedi with my best friend. Binge-watch a favorite show on T.V., I like The Walking Dead, and The 100. Both post-apocalyptic shows how interesting I am right now. Lol.

Oprah always asks, what do you know for sure?

 I know that the only thing that drives my life other than myself is Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior.

Can you give us a sneak peek of your next book?



I can give you a sneak peek of a book I just released.

Excerpt from, With Your Permission:

When Raphael entered the kitchen, Bri stood before the stove with his shirt covering her body and an apron tied around her waist. A spatula was in her hand, and as his gaze traveled down the back of her thighs a storm of heat flooded his veins. Raphael took that moment to enjoy the little dance she did as she flipped the pancakes in the skillet. He imagined her there every morning, with a glow on her face from the love they made and the extra pep in her step; animated.



“Good morning,” his dark voice drummed.



Bri twirled around, an instant smile highlighting her face.



“Good morning.”

She looked him up and down boldly, over broad shoulders and deep chocolate skin. His stroll was the swagger of a man confident in his approach and plastered to his hard thighs was a pair of boxer briefs.

His chest was bare, and a powerful sheet of muscle ran down his torso blending into the cut formation of his Adonis belt. Bri’s body flamed instantly, but a secondary crawl of electric currents crept up her spine as she eyed his footsteps, creating a predatory path to tower over her.



“What’s going on in here?”



He leaned forward, wrapping his arms around her waist to pull her in.



“I’m…” A shiver eased down Bri’s core. “…cooking breakfast.”



He planted his hands against her waist, and his fingers danced to the tie in the back of her apron that rested on the hill of her derriere.



“Hmmm, I should’ve told you there’s a rule I must live by, and I can’t have you breaking my rules.”

Her brow lifted. “What’s the rule?” she asked, hypnotized by the intensity of his gaze.

Raphael untied the knot. And the apron drifted from her waist to rest around his carved cut abdomen.



“I serve you.”


Anything you'd like to say to the readers of SORMAG?

Thank you for taking the time to read my interview. I hope you received something from it, have a great day!


Join Our Community Today And Receive The Latest Issue Of SORMAG Digital - Join Today

Do you need help with your promoting? - http://bit.ly/SORMAGAD18


No comments:

Welcome To SORMAG's Blog

About Me

My photo
I believe in promoting authors and their books. Let me introduce you and your books to online readers.

I'm also a happily married mother of three who's trying to break into the Christian writing field. The writing road can be rocky.

I’m available for:

Online promotion coaching
Lectures
Seminars
Freelancing
Contact me at:lchwriter@gmail.com

Serving Our Community 365 Days a Year!