Thursday, June 13, 2019

Cover Author: Danyelle Scroggins






Danyelle is the Senior Pastor of New Vessels Ministries North in Shreveport, Louisiana. She studied Theology at Louisiana Baptist University, has a Psychology Degree from the University of Phoenix, an Interdisciplinary Degree in Psychology /Biblical Studies, and a Master’s in Religious Education from the Liberty University. She owns Divinely Sown Publishing LLC and is the author of several Christian fiction and non-fiction books. She is the wife of Pastor Reynard Scroggins, the mother of three by birth, two by marriage, and the grandmother of two.


How can readers get in contact with you?









What inspired your book?

Evonta’s Revenge was inspired by a dream. I actually dreamt the entire book as a movie and I immediately got out of the bed and began writing. The entire book took me a week to write because I was so excited about getting the vision out of my head and onto paper.

 What would you like readers to take away from your book?

So often, we see Christians who get comfortable doing wrong. Their actions do not diminish their belief in God, but what I would like people to see is that it diminishes the power of their witness. I also want the readers to understand that vengeance is the Lord’s. You will waste time trying to avenge yourself and it will never be suitable for the offense. If you allow God to avenge you, it is sure to cause your offenders to repent.

 Why did you choose to write in the mystery genre?

Normally, my books are all Christian or Inspirational Fiction. This time, it was hard to place a book full of murder, suspense, and action in that genre. I decided to go with mystery, suspense, and thriller because that is exactly what this book is.

Why do you think AA readers shy away from mystery?

I think that love stories and romance books are just more popular. It takes a lot of energy to read a book like Evonta’s Revenge, just as it takes a lot of energy watching Murder She Wrote, In the Heat of the Night, or NCIS. Some people hate these types of shows because the shows tend to put them on an emotional rollercoaster. I also believe that mysteries do not feed into our instant gratification syndromes. We want information right there, right now and sometimes we are not willing to look for what is not instantly provided. Mystery or suspense books make you look deeper into the language. 


Why should a reader try a mystery?

I believe that it broadens your imagination and causes you to become more aware of your very own surroundings. You know we live next door to murderers and we never seem to notice the clues because we hate going the extra mile to discover the why. Once you start reading books or watching television shows that make you gather clues, you start looking at things that are going on in your surroundings a little deeper.

Which character did you have the most fun writing about?

Evonta was so much fun. First off, she is a woman. Then, if you are on her list, she is going to get you. I went into this revengeful side of myself that I thought had vanished. I thought I was delivered and God put a product of me right before my very eyes.

What are three things you wish you’d known before you reached where you are now?

Oh wow!

First, I wish I would have known that God does all things in His own timing. You cannot rush His work or impede upon His timeframe….period. You have to know that whatever is meant to happen to you, will happen. You just have to enough faith to recognize that it may not come when you want it, but God is always on time.

Second, I wish I had not wasted so much time, trying to make things happen for my life. You know ‘we want what we want when we want it.’ We put on blinders to God’s plan because we want our plans to prevail and succeed. The time I wasted trying to advance my wants over God’s will, is the time I should have been seeking God. It is a known fact that when we seek Him first and His righteousness, all things will be added unto us.

Third, knowing that ‘all things’ really do ‘work together for the good of those who love God,’ is information I wish someone would have drilled in my from the time I was eight years old until it finally registered. I wasted so many tears on people I should have laughed about leaving. So much energy trying to make things God broke, be fixed. And far too many years plundering over things that hurt me or brought me pain, when I should have been thanking God for exposing, destroying, removing, and reconstructing my path.

What do you do to interact with your readers?

 I am always on Facebook and other social media platform, trying to encourage, write, or simply connect with those who desire to connect with me. I guess I’m not like those untouchable pastors who go to hear speak, they take your seed and run out the church before you can even shake their hands. I’m the one who waits around, right there, until the last person has said whatever their hearts desire to say.


What are you reading this Summer?

Now, I am reading a couple of books. Becoming by Michelle Obama, Double Proposal by Barbara Joe, & Now And Again by Charlotte Rogan. I am one of those girls who keep three books going at a time. Like, I have a morning read, an afternoon read, and a nighttime read. My most important read…my Bible is a daily and a constant.

 When you're not writing, what do you like to do in your spare time?

 All of my spare time is spent reading. My children say, “Mom, we don’t see how you stay in that house from Monday to Saturday.” I always have something to do when I have a shelf and an iPad full of books.

Oprah always asks, what do you know for sure?

The one sure thing that I know is Jesus is Lord. 

Can you give us a sneak peek of your next book?

My next book is book 3 of the E Love Series entitled, Everlasting Love. It is about a young black designer, Jamecia, who moves to Northern Louisiana at the request of her aunt to get her life on track. Unfortunately, she has to deal with her cousin’s best friend who is an arrogant white male named Jacob. These two are like grease and water but are thrust into a situation that requires them to find out who they really are.

Anything you'd like to say to the readers of SORMAG?

I am so appreciative for this opportunity to share my thoughts with you all and I am truly a fan of Sormag and the owner/founder. LaShaunda has taught me so much on my writing and promotional journey and I truly consider her as my friend. If you ever decide to take the plunge at becoming a writer, make sure to keep Sormag as close to you as possible. Be Blessed.




Vengeance is mine said the Lord, but Evonta was determined to help Him in all matters concerning her and the Jacobs family.


Evonta Jacobs is moving by her own will, and she will stop at nothing to get those responsible for the death of her twin brother, Evan. Unknown to those who see her as an unmerciful killer, she believes in an all-powerful God who needs her help. Her assistance is freeing the world from the likes of those who do not care about anything except power and money.


After a trip to a small town close to her hometown, Evonta unravels the mystery surrounding Evan's death. Full of turns, curves, and twist no one ever expected, Evonta puts every piece in its perspective place, but not alone. She has the help of Matthew Bogan, a hot but crooked police officer. Who would have ever known that underneath the heart of vengeance, was a woman who desired love? 


This amazing, riveting story set in Florida and Louisiana, is sure to ignite your hunger for mystery, suspense, and solving unforeseen problems. It is a sure test of will, might, and girl power. 





Join Our Community Today - Learn About The Current Books

Do you need help with your promoting? - https://conta.cc/2HrlqBQ


No comments:

Welcome To SORMAG's Blog

About Me

My photo
I believe in promoting authors and their books. Let me introduce you and your books to online readers.

I'm also a happily married mother of three who's trying to break into the Christian writing field. The writing road can be rocky.

I’m available for:

Online promotion coaching
Lectures
Seminars
Freelancing
Contact me at:lchwriter@gmail.com

Serving Our Community 365 Days a Year!