Thursday, June 20, 2019

Featured Author: Tonya Franklin





Author Tonya Franklin has been writing since the age of 13 and has had a love for words ever since. She is the BrandCEO of Books by Tonya that provides branding, marketing, training, and empowerment services for authors, speakers, and coaches. She has also served as a contributing writer for various e-zine publications and is the author of Good Customer Service Tips for Entrepreneurs and Devil in Disguise, her award-nominated Christian fiction thriller novel. Tonya writes Christian fiction as well as business development and has introduced readers to Christian romance as well as suspense and mystery genres.

How can readers get in contact with you?:


Email - booksbytonya@gmail.com, web: tonyadfranklin.com




What inspired your book? 

I wanted to bring a faith-based flair to mystery novel writing where Mississippi black women are represented as intelligent and capable of being detectives, while give some spotlight to southern culture in coastal Mississippi. I mean, how many black women sleuths in Mississippi do we know? not many, if any. I wanted to present a picture of change for that.

What would you like readers to take away from your book? 

Have fun. Enjoy the journey of traveling with Mandi to solve Mississippi gulf coast crimes.

Why did you choose to write in the mystery genre? 

I've always loved mystery novels and growing up I never saw a black girl as a sleuth; I wanted to see some more of us being represented in the genre and even Christian women having a place in the genre.

Why do you think AA readers shy away from mystery? 

Simply put - lack of representation in the genre.

Why should a reader try a mystery? 

Expand their level of creativity to journey with the author in solving murders.

Which character did you have the most fun writing about?

Carter's mother, grace. She's a cutting-edge southern belle that knows how to run a corporation.




What are three things you wish you’d known before you reached where you are now? 

That I cannot handle this writing journey alone, that I should not expect to write the book and think it would sell itself, that I should have jumped out on faith as a writer earlier in life.

What do you do to interact with your readers? 

I'm big on giveaways and sneak peeks on social media events.

What are you reading this Summer?

Not exactly sure. I am looking forward to hopefully reading something new from one of my fave supporters and author Ann Marie Bryan or a new AA author to support.

When you're not writing, what do you like to do in your spare time?

I love music and I have 3 wonderfully active children that have just as active and busy lives that calls me to be on duty.

Oprah always asks, what do you know for sure?

That writing is my outlet for all the crazy ideas I have floating in my head that I want to bring to life.

Anything you'd like to say to the readers of SORMAG?
Continue to support one another and authors, continue to pursue your dreams.



Returning back to the booming coast of Mississippi has been an awakening for former New Yorker, Amanda Peele. Reconnecting to her hometown roots and following her passion for horticulture and crafting breeds a whole new life and interest….including missing people.

As a homegrown sleuth and flower shop owner, Amanda finds herself combing through a tangled web of deception Southern Belle heiress, Grace Morrow and her missing son, Carter. But will Amanda realize that she’s bitten off more than she can chew as she uncovers the real mystery surrounding the missing shipyard prince?
Find out more of what happens with God’s Girl Detective, Amanda Peele, in the debut series novella, Come Home with Me Tonight.



Join Our Community Today - Learn About The Current Books

Do you need help with your promoting? - https://conta.cc/2HrlqBQ


No comments:

Welcome To SORMAG's Blog

About Me

My photo
I believe in promoting authors and their books. Let me introduce you and your books to online readers.

I'm also a happily married mother of three who's trying to break into the Christian writing field. The writing road can be rocky.

I’m available for:

Online promotion coaching
Lectures
Seminars
Freelancing
Contact me at:lchwriter@gmail.com

Serving Our Community 365 Days a Year!