Tuesday, August 20, 2019

COVER AUTHOR - Valeda Keys





A two-time breast cancer survivor, Valeda is the founder and unpaid executive director of Valeda’s Hope. This organization is dedicated to increasing awareness of breast cancer through education and early detection, providing mammograms, nurturing services, massages, manicures, physical therapy, emotional therapy, and genetic services for those in need.

She impacts her community as a champion for breast health while responding to women’s needs through her various volunteer programs. Since 2013, she has delivered recliners to women following a double mastectomy due to the diagnosis of breast cancer.  The recliners are accompanied with a comfort basket for each patient.

FB Valeda Keys or Valeda's Hope  Instagram Valedashope
Email valeda@mystrengthisyourstrength.com

What would you like readers to take away from your book?

I would like for my readers to take away that trials will come but they don't last. Trials also build character and your faith. They also bring you closer to God. Trials also make you stronger. Make and keep your mammogram appointment.

Why did you decide to write your memoir?

I decided to write my book because I  always knew I was going to be an author , I just didn't know what I was going to write about. Breast cancer runs in my family, so I wanted to make sure our family had a guide.

Can you tell us about Valeda’s Hope and why you started it?

Valeda's Hope is a not for profit organization I started in the middle of my second diagnosis and surgeries. I wanted to bring awareness to the community and give back to the community by providing recliners to women that undergo a double mastectomy due to breast cancer.

Congrats on becoming a Council Woman, what made you decide to run?

What made me decide to run for Councilwoman, my community sought after me or my husband and my husband told me to run and I won. Also, I was reminded of my deceased retired lawyer, which was also my neighbor, that I should run to be a councilwoman.

Why advice can you offer for someone who deals with fear?

The advice I would give to someone that's dealing with fear is to acknowledge it then do it afraid. Faith over Fear!!!

What advice would you offer to someone whose book is about to be released?

The advice I would give to  someone whose book is about to be released is " Everything will work out for your good".

Who was the first author you ever met?

The first author I met was Author Angela Lewis and TD Jakes.



What’s the most interesting change in your life as a result of being a published author? 

The most interesting change in my life because of being a published author is to keep books on hand.

What has surprised you most about being a published author?

What surprised me most about being a published author is it finally came to pass. I am an author. I've heard many people speak on writing a book but never do.

What about writing do you wish non writers would understand?

What about writing do I wish non-writers would understand is it is a serious task to be completed.

Can you give us one do and one don't for those aspiring to be an author?

To an aspiring author don't share your legacy and ideals with everyone. Everybody don’t have best interest at heart. Your legacy is your legacy. Do continue to write until your gut says the book is finished.

What advice would you offer for someone who is having a hard time finishing the book?

The advice I will tell somebody that's having a hard time finishing their book is "Don't give up, listen to your gut, set simple goals, ask for help, get an accountability partner.

When you're not writing, what do you like to do in your spare time?

When I am not writing I am thinking. Everyone should take time to think.

Oprah always asks, what do you know for sure?

What I know for sure, I am an evolving to be the best Valeda Keys I know how to be.







You will be inspired and encouraged by this raw and uncut journey through the pain, perils and pearls of one woman's seven-year journey through her battle against breast cancer. Valeda tells all - the good, the bad and the ugly, ultimately sharing her strength to fight and WIN. Also consider purchasing Valeda's My Strength is Your Strength Journal so you can keep track of your personal journey, capturing your own thoughts, hopes, fears, and desires.




Join Our Community Today - Learn About The Current Books

Do you need help with your promoting? - https://conta.cc/2HrlqBQ


No comments:

Welcome To SORMAG's Blog

About Me

My photo
I believe in promoting authors and their books. Let me introduce you and your books to online readers.

I'm also a happily married mother of three who's trying to break into the Christian writing field. The writing road can be rocky.

I’m available for:

Online promotion coaching
Lectures
Seminars
Freelancing
Contact me at:lchwriter@gmail.com

Serving Our Community 365 Days a Year!