Thursday, January 12, 2006

FEATURED AUTHOR - Barbara Joe Williams


SORMAG: Tell us a little about you?

Barbara Joe Williams: I'm originally from Rosston, Arkansas, but I've lived in Tallahassee, Florida, for the past twenty years. I have a husband and a five-year-old daughter. I really enjoy traveling with my family and making friends over the internet.

SORMAG: Tell us about your current book?

WILLIAMS:
Dancing with Temptation takes on the taboo subject of erectile dysfunction and the trying effects it has on a once loving family. Tina and Martin have been happily married for seventeen years and living a storybook life in a gated community on the beach in Jacksonville when tragedy strikes. Suddenly, Tina's faced with a distant and impotent husband, coping with a mid-life health crisis, managing a growing natural hair care business, and on top of that, she's fighting the temptation of having an affair with an understanding younger man.

SORMAG: What would you like the readers to learn from your book?

WILLIAMS:
I want to inspire my readers to feel confident about seeking committed relationships. That's why I wrote about married couples that were having some troubles in both of my novels. I want readers to realize that it's hard being married, but you can overcome whatever obstacles come your way if you continue cherishing each other.

SORMAG: How do you balance writing and your home life?

WILLIAMS:
I normally write at night after my daughter has gone to bed; that's really the best time for me. I'm more creative at night when everyone is resting and the house is very quiet. Fortunately, I'm able to write and publish full-time so I have time during the day to take care of the household in-between trying to write or handle the business side of self-publishing.

SORMAG: What is the hardest part about writing?

WILLIAMS:
The hardest part about writing is sorting through all of the stories going on in my head and keeping the details straight on each one. Once the first novel was completed, ideas started coming from everywhere. I've already stated the editing process on my third novel.

SORMAG: What advice would you give to someone whose book is about to be released?

WILLIAMS:
I would advise them to take a break from writing and enjoy life for awhile before starting another project. Dancing with Temptation was just released in November, so I'm taking a break from writing until the first of the year.

SORMAG: How can readers reach you?

WILLIAMS:
I love hearing from all my readers and they may reach me by e-mail at:
Amanipublishing@aol.com or by visiting my website at: www.Barbarajoewilliams.com. Thanks for the interview.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Barbara and Lashaunda,
Great interview! Nice to see a hometown face on SORmag. :)

Good job ladies,
Mary Griffith

Gwyneth Bolton said...

Hi Barbara!

Wonderful interview. I like the fact that your work focuses on what happens after the "happily-ever-after." I think this aspect is refreshing, especially for romance readers. We need to see more of what happens after the "I-dos" and the beautiful weddings that we end our novels with.

Gwyneth

Anonymous said...

Hi Mary,

Thanks for your comments.

Barbara Joe-Williams

Anonymous said...

Hi Gwyneth,

I agree with you. We need to know that a fairy tale wedding does not make a fairy tale marriage, but it can lead to a happy union. Thanks.

Barbara Joe-Williams

Welcome To SORMAG's Blog

About Me

My photo
I believe in promoting authors and their books. Let me introduce you and your books to online readers.

I'm also a happily married mother of three who's trying to break into the Christian writing field. The writing road can be rocky.

I’m available for:

Online promotion coaching
Lectures
Seminars
Freelancing
Contact me at:lchwriter@gmail.com

Serving Our Community 365 Days a Year!