Monday, October 29, 2007

AUTHOR INTRO: Sherryle Kiser Jackson


Sherryle Kiser Jackson: I am a former teacher and Educational Consultant. A wife, and mother of two, I began reciting poetry as part of the Prince Georges County Poets Connection and the Blues City Poetry Series. My debut novel, Soon nd Very Soon will be released in December 2007 on Urban Christian Publishing.

Tell us about your current book?

Soon and Very Soon is a twist on a classic love story: they meet, they marry, they combine everything, even their churches. Of course that doesn't sit too well with select members in their congregations so literally all hell breaks loose. The Pastors struggles with their pusrsuit of love and right relationship with the Lord and the people they lead.

What would you like your readers to take away from your book?

Soon and Very Soon gives you a realsitic look at the lives of our spiritual leaders. They are real people. This book challenges the notion that religion can be altered to fit one's motives.

What inspired this story?

I very much wanted to write a story about my first love the church. I wanted it to unfold in the pews: I wanted you to hear the choir, feel the testimonies and see the deliverance. But, I was determined to make the character real, not rely on carictures or sterotypes of "church folk."

What did you learn while writing this book?

I learned that a First Lady has a unique ministry to minister to the man/woman that people rely on. They have the same pain, fear and disappointment that plagues their soul when the doors of the church aren't open.

How can readers get in contact with you? (mail, email, website)

http://www.urbanchristianonline.com/
http://www.christianchronicles.wetpaint.com/

www.myspace.com/sherrylejackson

email- sherrylek@aol.com

1 comment:

LaShaunda said...

Hi Sherryle,

Thanks for the interview. Your book sounds interesting. I will pick up a copy in Dec.

Many blessings to you.

Welcome To SORMAG's Blog

About Me

My photo
I believe in promoting authors and their books. Let me introduce you and your books to online readers.

I'm also a happily married mother of three who's trying to break into the Christian writing field. The writing road can be rocky.

I’m available for:

Online promotion coaching
Lectures
Seminars
Freelancing
Contact me at:lchwriter@gmail.com

Serving Our Community 365 Days a Year!