Monday, August 20, 2012

FEATURED AUTHOR: Cinsearae S.






Ms. Cinsearae S. is the Editor/Publisher of award-winning Dark Gothic Resurrected Magazine and a cover artist for Damnation Books and independent authors. Author of The Abraxas Series, Boleyn: Tudor Vampire, and In The Beginning (published through Black Bed Sheet Books), Cinsearae is an avid lover of all things gothic, Halloween, and is a huge Vincent Price fan. She lives with her husband and two rat terriers, aptly named Hades and Chaos. Visit her at http://BloodTouch.webs.com  and friend her on Facebook and Twitter.



How did you start out your writing career?

I didn’t really recognize it as a ‘career’ at first. In the early 90’s while in college, instead of writing for myself, I suddenly wanted my writing to be more recognized, so I began submitting poetry and short stories to small press magazines, most of them hit-or-miss, and I often didn’t appreciate the arrogant and snobbish attitudes of some of the so-called editors. The submission process and ‘waiting time’ also quickly lost its luster for me, all of which gave me the fuel for my fire to start my own magazine, Dark Gothic, especially after hearing about so many other writers going through the same aggravations and pitfalls I did in getting their work ‘out there’. That whole ‘playing God’ routine with a person’s writing ticked me off  and I wanted to help other writers by letting my magazine be a ‘stepping stone’ for them in the literary world. With the conveniences of Print-on-demand publishing, Dark Gothic got a revamping in 2005 and became Dark Gothic Resurrected, having won a few awards from Predators & Editors these past few years.

As for my own writing, I started getting heavy with writing novels around 2004, began publishing them through print-on-demand in 2005 as well  (my storefront is here), and have received lots of positive reviews for my work. I’m also published traditionally, but I’m having way too much fun carving out my own niche independently in the paranormal/horrorl genres.

What did you learn while writing this book?

That I like to convey special messages through my work, no matter how scary or funny the subjects of those books may be. For Diary of a Vampire Stripper, I have messages of self-realization, love, friendship, family and trust. I’m glad people are enjoying the darkly humorous aspects of the book, as well as the friendship and love aspects.

What did you hope to accomplish with this book?

I have a pretty dark sense of humor sometimes, and it shows up a lot in this novel. I’m hoping I can give others the chance to laugh, even the darkest of situations. Facing adversity with a level head, albeit with a bit snarky, dark humor, felt like the right way to go.

What came first with this story, the characters or the plot? Why?

Actually, the MC’s voice popped into my head during that stage of wakefulness and sleep. She was telling me her story, so I had to get up and start writing it down! I had no idea it would turn out as weird and crazy as it did, lol. I think it’s safe to say that both the characters and plot came to me at once.

What has surprised you most about becoming a published author?

It’s not as easy as it may seem. You have to put forth a lot of dedication, hard work and patience to produce a book presentable to the masses. Then there’s the stage of promotion/marketing, with is another task all its own!

What aspect of writing do you love the best, and which do you hate the most?

Just getting my words down, really getting into that world I created expressly for my characters, and putting them into all sorts of strange predicaments and seeing how they come out of them the is the most fun. I learn a lot about my characters, and even myself, along the way. Editing runs a close tie to promotions when it comes to my least favorite part of writing.

What are three things you wish you’d known before you reached where you are now?

Making contacts and networking in the industry, and that I had utilized social media much more than I did before.

Can you give us one do and one don’t for those aspiring to be a writer?

Network, network, network! Don’t be afraid to get your name out there. And never be arrogant. Negative things about you will always spread much, much faster than the good things, and could ruin you in a heartbeat.

What one thing about writing do you wish other non-writers would understand?

Writing is an art. Authors put their blood, sweat and tears into creating something for you to enjoy. It’s like handing over their baby to the world to be scrutinized, and authors should be commended for being so brave. And pirating an author’s work IS stealing. How would you feel is someone took your paycheck out of your hand the second you received it? That’s that same thing you do when you’re pirating authors books.

Tell us something few know about you?

As much as I love horror, Regan’s crabwalk scene down the staircase in ‘The Exorcist’ STILL creeps me the heck out…

When you're not writing, what do you like to do in your spare time?

I love walking through parks with my hubby and dogs. Being outdoors grounds me and replenishes me, and I love taking photographs along the way! I also love creating digital art, and creating one-of-kind creepy dolls, and jewelry crafting. I even set up an Etsy shop for my hobby, and on Facebook too--- it’s getting to be pretty addictive!

What do you do to interact with your readers?

I’m on Facebook; that’s the main vein for my interaction. J I’m also in a few yahoo/facebook groups, LinkdIn, and BranchOut.

Our theme for this month is NON FICTION.  What was the last nonfiction you read?

Sadly, between having the magazine, designing book covers for the publishing company I work with, working on my novels and creating jewelry and dolls for my shop, I don’t get the chance to leisurely read anymore. I’ll get a few short novellas in if I’m reviewing them for my magazine, but that’s about it. I do prefer to read more nonfiction than fiction, though. The last non-fiction book I read was Weird Pennsylvania.

Who was the first author you ever met?

I haven’t met a well-known author yet, but the very first actor I met was Tony Todd. Really cool guy, and really should be seen more in the horror industry.

Oprah always asks, what do you know for sure?

That nothing is certain except death and taxes…

Can you give us a sneak peek of your next book?

I’m working on Diary of a Vampire Stripper II: Choices as we speak, but as for a sneak peek,  just check back on the book’s webpage ---I’ll have a new teaser trailer up very shortly for part II, along with a download for the opening chapter!

How can readers get in contact with you? (mail, email, website)

They can reach me via email at my website, http://Bloodtouch.webs.com , or friend me on Facebook, www.facebook.com/cinsearae  And thank you so very much for having me here today!


Her best friend is a werewolf. Her boyfriend is a ghoul. And she really, REALLY can’t stand her vampire husband.
Trying to juggle college tuition and rent, young Audra Perez seeks a fast fix to her financial woes by auditioning as a stripper for the Hoochie Coochie Club. What she didn’t expect was to actually be chosen! Barely a few months into her new job, she becomes acquainted with a mysterious, distinguished gentleman by the name of Darren Von Eldon, and they secretly begin dating against club rules. Then one passionate night at his beach house changes Audra’s life forever.
            Now as a newly-awakened vampire, this only adds to her day-to-day mundane burdens. Refusing to drain humans, she hunts birds for nourishment, and finagles a way to avoid going to classes during the day. But bigger problems loom ahead. Radical cops that know about her kind roam the night, seeking to destroy any and all ‘monsters’, and her best friend’s family has a bone to pick with Audra’s. Headless bodies are turning up on vamp and were turf, each side blaming the other for the murders. It’s up to Audra and her friend Lu to figure out who’s doing the killings, and their search leads them beneath the city streets to encounter an abomination neither one of them will ever forget.
And the relationship issues? Well, it’s not easy dealing with a boyfriend and a vampire husband, so let’s not even go there…

Book Trailer
 


If you enjoyed this post, please consider becoming a member of SORMAG's community - Join Today

Do you need help with your promoting? - http://sormag.com/advertise.htm


No comments:

Welcome To SORMAG's Blog

About Me

My photo
I believe in promoting authors and their books. Let me introduce you and your books to online readers.

I'm also a happily married mother of three who's trying to break into the Christian writing field. The writing road can be rocky.

I’m available for:

Online promotion coaching
Lectures
Seminars
Freelancing
Contact me at:lchwriter@gmail.com

Serving Our Community 365 Days a Year!