Thursday, August 23, 2012

FEATURED AUTHOR: Lawrence Miquelon



Lawrence Miquelon is actually first and foremost a registered nurse. He has a wife and children, and has been working in the Intensive Care Unit with children for around twenty years already. He grew up in the presence of a number of ministries, and continues to participate in missions together with his family and friends.  He was raised in Southern California and enjoys nature and running barefoot long distances on asphalt, sidewalks and trails. Having been raised his entire life in the church; he saw the shortcomings of himself and others that are all too common.  Something personal, deeply spiritual and simple happened in himself and his family. He felt compelled to write a book that illustrates a level of intimate spirituality that seems almost too good to be true and is occurring to ordinary people today.  He explains, "It's as though I have stumbled upon a hidden treasure of which only a small percentage of believers are aware. The book I've written is a portal into that treasure."
.
How did you start out your writing career?
 
I began with a simple desire to communicate to others the beautiful things happening to myself and family.  I’ve always enjoyed documenting my vacation trips and little day adventures.  Spiritual adventures are a bit more difficult to relate. Sometimes things happen to people and often their story is lost due to forgetfulness, or to simply not writing it down.  Like a once in a lifetime vacation, I felt compelled to share a story that is happening to a relatively small group of people.

What did you learn while writing this book? 

Writing a book is a far more involved process than I thought, initially. I found that I really enjoy the privilege of taking the reader on a journey, thought by thought, to the final destination.  I also learned that one never stops learning. This is obvious to most but somehow it is always a sort of revelation to me. 

What did you hope to accomplish with this book? 

I hope to open people’s eyes to the spiritual reality that belongs to us all.  It is sad to see people struggle in their attempts to seek or please God, or beat themselves up for failure.  The reality displayed in this book is something I would have wanted shared with me, had it been known in my earlier years. 

What came first with this story, the characters or the plot? Why? 

I guess it really was the characters.  The book of Hosea, from the Bible, is shocking in what in conveys.  The central character is drawn from that book, and placed in a contemporary setting.

What has surprised you most about becoming a published author?

The biggest surprise is that writing a book is the easy part.  There are so many other aspects regarding online presence and media that is required for an author today.

What aspect of writing do you love the best, and which do you hate the most?

I love the simple joy of seeing what is my soul materializing on paper, and people being touched by it.  I really don’t hate anything about it.  I could say I dislike at times being a little obsessed with what I am writing.  But even that has positives and can be constructive to the writing itself, but maybe not to my sleep.

What are three things you wish you’d known before you reached where you are now?

I wish I had done a little more research before I launched my project.  Often the material that someone reads can be quite dated, not reflecting changes to publishing and marketing even in the last few years.  It is important to write, relax, and come back later and reread it again and again.  There is no shortcut.  Always be open to advice from all sources and recheck that info online.  Everything can be questioned and researched for free. 

Can you give us one do and one don’t for those aspiring to be a writer? 

One do is to write a lot.  Even daily journaling will hone your skill.  Don’t get discouraged.  The most important thing is that you believe in your work. 

What one thing about writing do you wish other non-writers would understand? 

Writing is like music.  I like to give music full attention so as to swallow every morsel of sound and to appreciate the song as a whole.  Writing should be taken in the same way.

Tell us something few know about you?

Though I identify myself simply as ‘Christian,’ Orthodox Christianity in its various forms fascinates me.

When you're not writing, what do you like to do in your spare time?

I enjoy running barefoot in hills, mountains and streets. I’ve run multiple marathons barefoot and in my sport I subscribe to much of the mentality depicted in the book, Born to Run.

What do you do to interact with your readers?

To interact with readers I am on Facebook and Twitter.  I am also on Goodreads, which is sort of like a Facebook for authors and readers.

Our theme for this month is NON FICTION. What was the last non fiction you read?

Born to Run

Who was the first author you ever met?

It is hard to say.  Recently I would say it is John Crowder.

Oprah always asks, what do you know for sure?

Jesus loves me beyond my comprehension. This is a fact as well as a tangible, experiential, reality.

Can you give us a sneak peek of your next book?

I am not pursuing another book yet.  I am enjoying the rest that comes from the ultimate author, God Himself.

How can readers get in contact with you? (mail, email, website)

Readers can contact me on Facebook (Romance Eternelle), Goodreads.com (Type in Lawrence Miquelon or the title of the book) or at my website: www.romanceeternelle.com or email: info@romanceeternelle.com

A young woman in France finds her heart broken and seeks solace from her sister.  Reluctantly seeking help from a monk, she has an unusual dining experience.  He discloses a tale that feels like a veil being lifted from her eyes.  Involving a prostitute and a priest, this story captivates and entices the young lady.  The otherworldly descriptions of grace and the Holy Spirit prove to be her undoing, challenging what she thought she already knew.  Her intimacy lost proves to be a doorway to that which often people can only dream.  

Promotional Video:




If you enjoyed this post, please consider becoming a member of SORMAG's community - Join Today

Do you need help with your promoting? - http://sormag.com/advertise.htm

No comments:

Welcome To SORMAG's Blog

About Me

My photo
I believe in promoting authors and their books. Let me introduce you and your books to online readers.

I'm also a happily married mother of three who's trying to break into the Christian writing field. The writing road can be rocky.

I’m available for:

Online promotion coaching
Lectures
Seminars
Freelancing
Contact me at:lchwriter@gmail.com

Serving Our Community 365 Days a Year!