Friday, August 24, 2012

FEATURED AUTHOR: Renita Williams

Renita Williams is a mother of four who has always had a deep love for the written word. Williams is an energetic young woman who could always be found with a smile and/or a book feeding her hunger for the written word. As early as age twelve she began to dream of creating her own tales of love, except she believed she had to be an adult. At age 26, she found herself laid-off from work for the first time in her life. In that instant, Williams knew that it was a perfect time to pursue her dreams. She joined a writing group and attended Story Studio Chicago to learn the craft of writing. While currently back at work, Williams has not given up on her dream. A Heart Reserved For Love is her first novel.

How did you start out your writing career?

At age 12 I knew I wanted to write a book but I believed I had to be an adult. So I settled for writing down what I did every day. Eventually, I destroyed the notebooks but the desire to become a published author never left. Finally, in 2004, when my job at the time began talk of layoffs I realized that I was an adult and in a position to do the one thing I’ve always wanted to do the most: write for publication. So I took creative writing at Story Studio Chicago and I’ve been writing ever since.

What did you learn while writing this book?

I learned that writing a book isn’t as easy as it seems when the idea hits you. I learned that it takes time and patience. And I also learned that there are a lot of people who truly believed in me and wanted me to achieve my goal of becoming a published author.

What did you hope to accomplish with this book?

To introduce myself to an audience who believes in love and who wants to be entertained through strong characters going through life’s tests and trials.

What came first with this story, the characters or the plot? Why?

The characters came first. I wanted to put a strong woman through one of life’s many tests and have her do everything she had to in order to overcome her situation and not her situation take her over mentally and physically.

What has surprised you most about becoming a published author?

I am surprised at how many people who have known me for only a short period of time but they believe in me and truly want me to be more successful than anything I could possibly imagine.

What aspect of writing do you love the most, and which do you hate the most?

I absolutely love to sit down and put pen to paper and get lost in a zone until my eyes refuse to stay open a second longer. I hate that the story doesn’t unfold as easily as I envision it.

What are three things you wish you’d known before you reached where you are now?

I could have started long time ago.
How good it feels to know I accomplished one of my goals.
I should have had a marketing plan ready long before I published.

Tell us something few know about you?

I love to sing like it was my destiny.

When you’re not writing, what do you like to do in your spare time?

Spend time with my family, dance and sing even though I don’t have a singing voice.

What do you do to interact with your readers?

Facebook, LinkedIn and Blog on my website

Our theme for this month is Non-Fiction. What was the last non-fiction you read?

Managing God’s money by Randy Alcorn

Who was the first author you ever met?

Kimberla Lawson Roby

Oprah always asks, what do you know for sure?

I know that to achieve my goals takes discipline, determination and the grace of GOD. Beyond that the only thing that can stand in my way is me or death.

Can you give us a sneak peek of your next book?

Chantell Reynolds believes she has the perfect life until Valentine’s Day brings home her man and his wife. Chantell returns home where she is forced to find her true identity and exactly what real love is, the hard way.

How can readers get in contact with you?

Website: www.renitawilliams.com
E-mail: rwill893@gmail.com


Tracy Robinson is happily-single, but her mother and friends believe otherwise. They think she's still hurt over her last breakup so, they set out to find her someone to live happily-ever-after with. But when Tracy meets Maurice Turner, a handsome car dealer, she thinks he's an arrogant jerk she couldn't possibly like let alone spend a lifetime with.

Maurice Turner has been a bachelor for most of his adult life and loved the freedom it allowed him. When he meets Tracy Robinson he is overwhelmed by the deep attraction and he knows she feels it too, even if she is playing hard to get. He loves a challenge and, to him, winning the heart of Tracy Robinson will be a treat like no other.

Can these two find a unique love or will one heart remain on reserve while one is searching for the unknown?



If you enjoyed this post, please consider becoming a member of SORMAG's community - Join Today

Do you need help with your promoting? - http://sormag.com/advertise.htm

No comments:

Welcome To SORMAG's Blog

About Me

My photo
I believe in promoting authors and their books. Let me introduce you and your books to online readers.

I'm also a happily married mother of three who's trying to break into the Christian writing field. The writing road can be rocky.

I’m available for:

Online promotion coaching
Lectures
Seminars
Freelancing
Contact me at:lchwriter@gmail.com

Serving Our Community 365 Days a Year!